Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USCHO Poster's Game, 2010- in the house that Yost Built.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Poster's Game, 2010- in the house that Yost Built.

Self serving bump here...

For you who can't play, but want to be involved, shoot me an e-mail- I can for sure use some help with day of registration and check in (so that I can get dressed, too).

Also- if you want to ref- register on line, and put ref in for position. Same goes for score keeper, penalty box, live feed- etc.

For the live feed- Yost does have wireless internet, so if anyone wants to do an internet feed + commentary, it would work out just fine.

Comment

Guess I'll skip class for this.
      I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
        Guess I'll skip class for this.
        Class on a Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Class on a Saturday?
          Yeah... it was easier than trying to fit it in on a weeknight.
          I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Hey, all- registration is open for the posters game!!!

Thanks to tDarkenss, we have a web page where you can register for the game... So in the interest of repeating myself....

USCHO POSTERS GAME
            Saturday, April 10, 2010.
            Noon- 2pm
            Yost Ice Arena, Ann Arbor MI

Registration Click Here

So you know, you need to click the "login/register" link at the top, and I will get your registration info at my alfablue.uscho (at) gmail.com

BTW, cost wise- we are still thinking about it, but assuming we get ~30 players, the cost will be nicely less than $20/pp for ice time. And hopefully, we can do some arranging to help people get from hotels to Ann Arobor.

Since we end at 2pm, and the final game isn't until 7pm (?), what does the masses want to do after the game, all nice and smelly and sweaty?

I'm pretty geeked about hosting this year.
            Shameless bump.

It's March 2, and we currently have 7 players and one off ice volunteer. Again, please register if you are interested in doing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              I have to ask... is swami playing?
              Swami hung up the skates long ago.

Should the Denver Pioneers be in Detroit this year for the FF, there is a chance I may swing by Yost....

Comment

Monday update- here's the current list of players and volunteers:
                tDarkness
                con1977
                wolverineTrumpet
                Evilgoalie
                HusklyNation
                pgb-ohio
                Wol4ine
                beerman
                BGDave
                alfablue

and melmac for scorekeeping.

May have a poster who could be "ref" - I'll use that loosely, since it's not all that organized....

I'm still not sure about the cost, but the ice time will be $15-20pp for the two hours. If we get close to 30, I'll make it $15. And I'll ask the previous organizers about shirts- I know you all signed up for them.

For those of you who have not, click here to register.

And I'll thank tDarkness once again for setting up the web page for registration.

Comment

tyler expressed interest in playing. he really liked Yost when we visited two years ago -- so if y'all don't mind skating with a pee wee.....
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Sorry, I won't be able to make it as I hoped. My dad's 60th birthday party will be happening on this day.
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Still need to make sure I can get an exam rescheduled, but even if I can't come I'll still chip in whatever my share would've been as a donation.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                        Sorry, I won't be able to make it as I hoped. My dad's 60th birthday party will be happening on this day.
                        Big deal, he's already had 59. When's the next time you're gonna get a chance to play at Yost.
                        Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                        *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          tyler expressed interest in playing. he really liked Yost when we visited two years ago -- so if y'all don't mind skating with a pee wee.....
                          His skill level is probably already better than everybody elses then.
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Sounds like this would be a good year for me to get some ice team, and playing at Yost is definitely appealing, but I don't plan to go to Detroit at this point unless UNH makes it there.........so I wouldn't start holding my breath.

I'm pretty sure I don't want to fly to Michigan just to play hockey for two hours.
                            AKA Boguniecki 33 on the road, except at UMass Amherst, and Magness Arena, where I can't get enough of Mowers, Mowers, you s**k!

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                              Big deal, he's already had 59. When's the next time you're gonna get a chance to play at Yost.
                              Were bringing in friends my dad hasn't seen in years from around the country.
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                                Were bringing in friends my dad hasn't seen in years from around the country.
                                So what I'm hearing is that he definitely doesn't need you there.
                                Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                                *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Working...
                                X