Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2018-19 (Part II)

I will post the remaining summaries in the morning or when available. Babichuk is still out injured. Leibold is in the lineup for Northwood. Nothing yet for Fairport (McDonald). The last two box scores for Salisbury (Mike C) are still not complete at Neutral Zone. Also I will check the other games for changes.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Saturday, the Spruce Grove Saints lost to the Whitecourt Wolverines 5-3. Cory Babichuk is still out injured. http://ajhl.esportsdesk.com/leagues/...gameID=1794154

Babichuk's line is now 24-6-12-18-22.

None of the box scores mentioned in the previous post are compete. I will continue to check.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Sunday’s games

Beaton (Kemptville) https://www.thecchl.ca/stats/game-summary/4299
        Brackett (Boston) https://www.usphl.com/view#/game-summary/67
        Fawkes https://www.mjhlhockey.ca/stats/game-summary/3432
        Fontaine and Sarlo http://www.ushl.com/view/#/game-summary/8586
        Itagaki nothing expected
        Leibold https://www.usphl.com/view#/game-summary/3967

I will post the summaries whenever.
        Beaton may be back with Kemptville
        I doubt that Brackett will be with Boston
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-16-2018, 10:53 AM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Fontaine's line is now 24-5-11-16-2.
          Sarlo's line is now 12-5-4-9-4.

There are 8 USHL games today, and we have recruits in 7 of them.
          I suspect Smith wanted to up the competition level for our recruits (possibly at the price of losing one of them). If our boys keep up this level of production, I might become a Chicago Steel fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
            I suspect Smith wanted to up the competition level for our recruits (possibly at the price of losing one of them). If our boys keep up this level of production, I might become a Chicago Steel fan.
            I fear GF will be poached or have to fend off alot of offers to keep his word.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
              Is it possible that he's fast-tracked to come in next year to prevent that?

We have two 98's, and assuming they're both still our recruits, they must come in next year. We have 3 skaters graduating. I see a lot of 99's, but I don't know when we'll be seeing them, if at all. Any potential cuts after this year? Yes Ralph, I know there's another thread for the current team, but this particular topic is very relevant to the recruits in when we'd see them.

Comment

There are several recruits who could be poached by other schools. I am also concerned about Sarlo and Beaton besides for Fontaine.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-16-2018, 03:42 PM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Is it possible that he's fast-tracked to come in next year to prevent that?

We have two 98's, and assuming they're both still our recruits, they must come in next year. We have 3 skaters graduating. I see a lot of 99's, but I don't know when we'll be seeing them, if at all. Any potential cuts after this year? Yes Ralph, I know there's another thread for the current team, but this particular topic is very relevant to the recruits in when we'd see them.
                  I suspect that some current players will leave either on their own accord or Smith will cut them. There won't be as many as a year ago, but some. As to which non-98s will show up next fall it is impossible to tell. I don't think that Smith is sure yet. I also don't think that we can be 100% sure that the two 98s will show up.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    I suspect that some current players will leave either on their own accord or Smith will cut them. There won't be as many as a year ago, but some. As to which non-98s will show up next fall it is impossible to tell. I don't think that Smith is sure yet. I also don't think that we can be 100% sure that the two 98s will show up.
                    Babichuk I'm on the fence about, given he was an Appert recruit. Ashbrook gave the thumbs up after Smith came in, but is a forward, therefore influenced from Nolan Graham. Now that he's no longer with the team (at least for the time being), could that change things?

Additionally, I have to believe that if there's someone Smith recruited himself, given the nature of the team in the past year and a half, that person would be with the team by now.
                    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 12-16-2018, 03:23 PM.

Comment

On Sunday, the Kemptville 73's lost to the Rockland Nationals 5-1. John Beaton was not back from the WJAC. https://www.thecchl.ca/stats/game-summary/4299

Beaton's line is now 31-3-26-29-8.

OTOH, Jack Brackett is back in Boston. I will post that summary later.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Babichuk I'm on the fence about, given he was an Appert recruit. Ashbrook gave the thumbs up after Smith came in, but is a forward, therefore influenced from Nolan Graham. Now that he's no longer with the team (at least for the time being), could that change things?

Additionally, I have to believe that if there's someone Smith recruited himself, given the nature of the team in the past year and a half, that person would be with the team by now.
                        The following is all opinion, I have no information.

I agree first and foremost, things are always up in the air. But looking at things now, I would think Ashbrook, McIsaac, and Herrman come in for forwards, Babicuck plus one or both of Klee and Kljellberg, and Miller come in. That's 6 or 7 recruits. That doesn't fit exactly what's graduating, but I highly doubt Smith brings in one forward for next year.

As for GF, to me, I see him coming in with Sarlo, Beaton, Brackett, and Dubinsky the following year. I highly doubt I'm right, but that to me looks like a pretty decent forward class, which could have a real impact on this team when they come in. But I'm an optimist.

Comment

I agree. He's on Mark Divver's radar, which I would assume means he is hearing of interest from Brown and PRovidence.
                          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                            I agree. He's on Mark Divver's radar, which I would assume means he is hearing of interest from Brown and PRovidence.
                            That also might be because he is from Rhode Island.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
                              The following is all opinion, I have no information.

I agree first and foremost, things are always up in the air. But looking at things now, I would think Ashbrook, McIsaac, and Herrman come in for forwards, Babicuck plus one or both of Klee and Kljellberg, and Miller come in. That's 6 or 7 recruits. That doesn't fit exactly what's graduating, but I highly doubt Smith brings in one forward for next year.

As for GF, to me, I see him coming in with Sarlo, Beaton, Brackett, and Dubinsky the following year. I highly doubt I'm right, but that to me looks like a pretty decent forward class, which could have a real impact on this team when they come in. But I'm an optimist.

There are others in the mix for one year or the other at forward, of course. E.g., McIsaac. We will have six senior forwards in 2020 graduating assuming none leave before that and Burgess doesn't stay around to use his redshirt year: Hayhurst, Polino, Marrello, Burgess, Gornall, and Zieky.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-16-2018, 04:48 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FWIW, Fontaine lost an assist in an earlier game.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X