Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by ndodge View Post
    I was thinking of that weekend also. But I have tickets to Neb / MN volleyball up here in Minneapolis. I’ll have to miss something. Maybe I’ll do a volleyball /football weekend and then come down just for hockey and maybe other non volleyball stuff.
    With Minn and Wisconsin as 'travel partners' in VB, that is always going to happen to you. When somebody interesting plays in Madison on Friday, they're going to be in Minneapolis on Saturday or Sunday, and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      With Minn and Wisconsin as 'travel partners' in VB, that is always going to happen to you. When somebody interesting plays in Madison on Friday, they're going to be in Minneapolis on Saturday or Sunday, and vice versa.
      True. Last year I was able to see Michigan and Michigan state at Madison and then run back and see one of those two in Mpls on Sunday (so only missed the other MN match)

Comment

Originally posted by ndodge View Post
        True. Last year I was able to see Michigan and Michigan state at Madison and then run back and see one of those two in Mpls on Sunday (so only missed the other MN match)
        UW women hockey schedule announced! Uhh... sort of. Opponents and weekends, but not times or even specific dates. (That is for example, Oct 19-21 will be at home, against Princeton, but which two days is not detailed. My guess for that weekend, without knowing the Men's hockey schedule would be Friday night, conflicting with VB against Nebraska, and then Sat night, with no current conflicts)

http://uwbadgers.com/documents/2018/...dule_Color.pdf

(And yet one more time, home Women hockey the same weekend of the B1G Football game AND likely home NCAA first round VB; Nov 30, Dec 1-2)
        Last edited by robertearle; 05-08-2018, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          UW women hockey schedule announced! Uhh... sort of. Opponents and weekends, but not times or even specific dates. (That is for example, Oct 19-21 will be at home, against Princeton, but which two days is not detailed. My guess for that weekend, without knowing the Men's hockey schedule would be Friday night, conflicting with VB against Nebraska, and then Sat night, with no current conflicts)

http://uwbadgers.com/documents/2018/...dule_Color.pdf

(And yet one more time, home Women hockey the same weekend of the B1G Football game AND likely home NCAA first round VB; Nov 30, Dec 1-2)
          Love the home n/c schedule...Hawvawd, Cuse and Princeton. Lots a orange coming this year. Also at Lindenwood and Mercyhurst. Not too tough a n/c on paper, hopefully it's strong enough to get in the top 4 nationally in computerland.

First home games are the weekend of the 12th, really late start this year in Labahn, or feels like it anyway.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

So in looking at the schedule a little closer, I find it interesting that the wcha gives UW 2 tough match-ups to start the conference season, UMD & UM (at home), and 2 tough ones to finish with UMD and OSU (away/home), and going to UM and OSU back to back. I smell a conspiracy to try and make life has hard on UW as possible. At least they don't close with UM AGAIN.

They really only have 1 bye week in early November, which is good. Once they are back from Christmas, no bye at all, 7 weeks to finish it out. As a fan I don't like bye weeks, but I'm sure the players don't feel the same way. This team is plenty deep enough to deal with any injuries that may pop up.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              So in looking at the schedule a little closer, I find it interesting that the wcha gives UW 2 tough match-ups to start the conference season, UMD & UM (at home), and 2 tough ones to finish with UMD and OSU (away/home), and going to UM and OSU back to back. I smell a conspiracy to try and make life has hard on UW as possible. At least they don't close with UM AGAIN.

They really only have 1 bye week in early November, which is good. Once they are back from Christmas, no bye at all, 7 weeks to finish it out. As a fan I don't like bye weeks, but I'm sure the players don't feel the same way. This team is plenty deep enough to deal with any injuries that may pop up.
              your season would be so much easier if you didn't have to face 3/7ths of the league?

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                your season would be so much easier if you didn't have to face 3/7ths of the league?
                Actually 1/2 the league matchups being UW is the 7th....

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                  Duh. Or UW could just transfer to Hockey East and play 100% cupcakes.

It would be nice to have a soft finish for once. Of course UW did get that the last 2 years, what am I thinking?!

Comment

It would be nice to have a soft finish for once. Of course UW did get that the last 2 years, what am I thinking?!
                    With Clark and Pankowski returning to the lineup and young players with a year under their belts, it may be a soft schedule for UW from start to finish. There will be a few tough weekends but those will be few and far between. Maybe next season, the team can actually close the deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                      With Clark and Pankowski returning to the lineup and young players with a year under their belts, it may be a soft schedule for UW from start to finish. There will be a few tough weekends but those will be few and far between. Maybe next season, the team can actually close the deal!
                      I like your thoughts. Of course I am giddy about getting 2 players and and the great freshmen to fill some holes when our talented sr's departed. As far as sealing the deal....who knows. The goal in my head every year is make the FF and let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

You're thinking that after being second best to the MN you "moved up" to be just second best.

Comment

UW is raising ticket prices, single gamers go from 5 to 7, season tix go from 50 to 65. I'd rather see the season tix go up further and leave the single games were they are to continue to cater to families with young kids who want to try something new like hockey. In all, these changes are to generate another $24000 for the program, chump change to a AD like UW, flushed with money already.

Comment

Or UW could just transfer to Hockey East and play 100% cupcakes.

Weren't you guys somewhere between Northeastern and BU last year?

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                              Weren't you guys somewhere between Northeastern and BU last year?
                              Yeah, they were and yeah they lost to NE, what is your point? My point is pound for pound big picture I believe the wWCHA > HE, who doesn't?

Comment

My point is pound for pound big picture I believe the wWCHA > HE, who doesn't?
                                I thought the issue was cupcakes. 8 of Wisconsin's 20 conference wins were against WCHA teams ranked lower than any of the 9 Hockey East teams in the Pairwise.

You guys feast on cupcakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X