No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University Hockey 2017-18: The Grant Potulny Era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northern Michigan University Hockey 2017-18: The Grant Potulny Era begins

2017-18 NMU Hockey (13-10-3) National Rankings

January 14th, 2018

#20 - RPI
    #21 - PAIRWISE
    #21 - USCHO
    #22 - KRACH
    Last edited by DonorRoomDrinker; 01-15-2018, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Good weekend for your guys!

Comment

2017-18 NMU Hockey (13-10-3) Remaining Regular Season Schedule - (10 Games)

1/19 & 1/20 - LSSU @ NMU (2 Games)
        1/26 & 1/27 - NMU @ Alaska-Ankorage (2 Games)
        2/03 & 2/04 - NMU @ Alabama-Huntsville (2 Games)
        2/09 & 2/10 - Alaska-Fairbanks @ NMU (2 Games)
        2/23 & 2/24 - MTU @ NMU (1 Game) & NMU @ MTU (1 Game)

Comment

Are the crowds getting better? i sure hope so. Get out and support your 2nd place Wildcats. How did Marquette ever get voted Hockeyville? Can't even support your team when they're having a good season.
          "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
            Hockeyville and the Best Taco Truck in the United States...yah der, you betcha!!! Marquette goes bonkers for anything involving online voting and the utter lack of support for NMU Hockey is a slap in the face by this community and proof of what an absolute joke these contests are. Hell, that taco truck even has overpriced, average food, with way to small of portions for me to even pay a visit. On the other hand, NMU Hockey is exciting again. Just what the people wanted, right! There is great beer and food selections inside the arena, we have a jumbotron, and Walt Kyle is gone...so where the hell are the people?

The team this year is far and away the most exciting team I have watched inside the Berry Events Center in the last 10 season. They play hard, create tons of offense and every goal last night was PRETTY!!! Luckily for those late to return many of this season stars are underclassmen so the future looks very bright. It's never too late to rejoin the action and fun, NMU needs your support!
            Literally every excuse I have heard about the community not attending Wildcat Hockey games is stupid. Oh the tickets are more expensive than your son's Pee-Wee hockey team? So how does the level of play compare between the two? Also, have you bought tickets to anything anywhere else? I almost spent more money on one weekend at the games in Vegas than I would have spent on SEASON tickets at the BEC. O

OH NMU doesn't support the community enough? Oh because they wouldn't let you bring outside food to one of your kids events? NMU existing brings tons of business to most community businesses. I could read you a laundry list of the places that I eat at when I come back up. All locally owned. Same could be said with the vast majority of NMU alumni....

I spent this entire weekend wishing I was back up there.

End of rant...
            Thinking that NMU is way better then your school with no evidence or proof since 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by tmoney@nmu View Post
              Literally every excuse I have heard about the community not attending Wildcat Hockey games is stupid. Oh the tickets are more expensive than your son's Pee-Wee hockey team? So how does the level of play compare between the two? Also, have you bought tickets to anything anywhere else? I almost spent more money on one weekend at the games in Vegas than I would have spent on SEASON tickets at the BEC. O

OH NMU doesn't support the community enough? Oh because they wouldn't let you bring outside food to one of your kids events? NMU existing brings tons of business to most community businesses. I could read you a laundry list of the places that I eat at when I come back up. All locally owned. Same could be said with the vast majority of NMU alumni....

I spent this entire weekend wishing I was back up there.

End of rant...
              Well I'm a season ticket holder so game by game tickets to don't really apply to me, but come on people! This team is winning and we can't even get half full. The only time we don't go to games is if we have to attend out of town youth hockey. If our kids play anytime other than 7PM we do whatever we have to in order to make it to the NMU game.
              We are in section 11 and I have to say that is a pretty great section full of support and season ticket holders.
              2004 Alumni. Season Ticket holder since 2004. Go Cats!

Comment

• I'm a student. One of the few that sat through every game of a winless first half at home last year.

I loudly and proudly stand in the student section every single game, even at times there were just seven of us over holiday breaks.

I go to Houghton and the Soo and Green Bay and even made the trek to Vegas.

I've been backing this team well before I was in college, and I haven't missed too many games in my lifetime. If I'm not at the Berry on Friday or Saturday nights, I feel very out of place.

Now that this team is putting together a pretty good season, I'm mainly interested to see how the rest of the student body will turn out this weekend. There's not much of an excuse not to show up, you basically get in free with the one-time student athletic fee in your tuition. And if students want to drink, they have that option at the Berry as well.

Not quite sure what else the general public wants though. Beer, video board, winning, it's all there this season.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
                  I'm a student. One of the few that sat through every game of a winless first half at home last year.

I loudly and proudly stand in the student section every single game, even at times there were just seven of us over holiday breaks.

I go to Houghton and the Soo and Green Bay and even made the trek to Vegas.

I've been backing this team well before I was in college, and I haven't missed too many games in my lifetime. If I'm not at the Berry on Friday or Saturday nights, I feel very out of place.

Now that this team is putting together a pretty good season, I'm mainly interested to see how the rest of the student body will turn out this weekend. There's not much of an excuse not to show up, you basically get in free with the one-time student athletic fee in your tuition. And if students want to drink, they have that option at the Berry as well.

Not quite sure what else the general public wants though. Beer, video board, winning, it's all there this season.
                  When I was a student, mid to late 80's, I bought my own season tickets at the old Lakeview since they didn't offer much of a discount back then for students. (Sat right next to the Northern bench). We got decent crowds, but I just always felt that most of the crowd was made up of local graduates, not that many students. They had the Golden Wildcat Club section that was always full, whatever happened to that? Crowds obviously got bigger as the 90's approached, so I am really surprised that more people aren't showing up now.
                  LSSU should bring a few folks this weekend. These guys are playing too well right now not to have a good home atmosphere.
                  “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                  – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                  when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Watching the games on the video feed last weekend it seemed NMU played a very complete set. good defense, good offense, good special teams. Everyone else should look out.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Congratulations on team of the week

Comment

NMU Hobey Baker College Hockey Top 10 Finalists

1981 - Steve Bozek (Forward)
                        1986 - Gary Emmons (Forward)
                        1987 - Gary Emmons (Forward)
                        1988 - Phil Berger (Forward)
                        1991 - Scott Beattie (Forward)
                        1991 - Brad Werenka (Defense)
                        1992 - Scott Beattie (Forward)
                        2005 - Tuomas Tarkki (Goalie)
                        2010 - Mark Olver (Forward)

Comment

I just want to point out that while it's fun to push to get Robbie Payne to the top of the Hobey Votes, the fan vote counts for approximately 1% of the overall Hobey Baker voting totals.

This coming from the person who drove the Tarkki for Hobey committee.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Honestly very few players have a real shot

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Honestly very few players have a real shot
                              Realistically looking at it, who do you think has a legit chance at the final 3? I think Payne has a chance. Schuldt, Kielly, Gaudette, Morris seem to be at or near the front, but I would think Payne and Suess are getting some consideration as top players in the WCHA.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                They're running out of excuses. I'm sure they're still holding out because the seats are terrible (height was adjusted in 2002), the sightlines are terrible (they are not), or the glass is crap (replaced with 'seamless' a few years back).

Not sure what other excuses the locals can make.
                                Called it! On the Wildcat Hockey Fan Page on Facebook, the locals are still butthurt over the seats and sight lines.

Oh. My. God. There are children who have gone through and graduated from the Marquette public school system who have forever known the BEC seating to be as it currently is (again, it was revised in 2002).

And the locals still won't let it go!

I swear, these people won't be happy until the Palestra returns.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X