X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 199 - Dumb Poll of the Month

s'upp y'all
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!
      You too, Mookie!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-13-2019, 02:55 AM.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ice everywhere, apparently. Got out of the shower this morning to see a text stating that the office was running on a 2-hour delay. That's a first.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Ice everywhere, apparently. Got out of the shower this morning to see a text stating that the office was running on a 2-hour delay. That's a first.
          Hubster decided it would be wise to work from home today rather than make the 1.5 hour drive to the office.
          I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
            Hubster decided it would be wise to work from home today rather than make the 1.5 hour drive to the office.
            I'm lighting out for the office in about 20-25 minutes for my whopping 1.5 mile commute.

I should've hit the treadmill this morning, maybe watched an episode of The Sopranos in the process. Instead I'm doing 2 loads of laundry, loading the dishwasher, and I found an obvious solution to my missing Fire TV remote.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Just b1ched out our safety guy at work. I am less scared of driving on the icy roads than I am of walking across our icy parking lot.
              We have a "good catch" program where employees should report unsafe conditions. So, I filled one of those out, turned it in and then explained that as of 1 pm the parking lot is still icy and that not only could any employee fall and break something, as a pregnant woman slipping and falling on the ice introduces other potential safety issues as well.

Other than some salt on the steps leading to the building, it appears as if no treatment has occurred in the parking lot. I'm glad I came in late the last time it was icy. Perhaps I should just start calling in whenever it is icy.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

We were told to head out at 2 (hey - right when it's supposed to start snowing!). Fortunately I anticipated this mess and worked from home all day.

Of course, I have a conference call right at 2 with a bunch of people who are also working from home, so I actually have to stick around. Yay.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                  We were told to head out at 2 (hey - right when it's supposed to start snowing!). Fortunately I anticipated this mess and worked from home all day.

Of course, I have a conference call right at 2 with a bunch of people who are also working from home, so I actually have to stick around. Yay.
                  Been watching the weather tell me it is snowing all over since noon. It is 2:17 and just started now. Not sure what the big deal is. Less than a foot is predicted. This crud of making everything but sunshine a weather event is just plain silly.

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Been watching the weather tell me it is snowing all over since noon. It is 2:17 and just started now. Not sure what the big deal is. Less than a foot is predicted. This crud of making everything but sunshine a weather event is just plain silly.

Good Afternoon Lodge!
                    Have they given this storm a name yet?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge!
                      I think the concern is that we're supposed to get almost all of the actual accumulation right during rush hour, and the snow is supposed to be fairly light with little extra (or just turn to rain) after 8-9 PM. Driving in traffic when it's coming down an inch and a half per hour is brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                        I think the concern is that we're supposed to get almost all of the actual accumulation right during rush hour, and the snow is supposed to be fairly light with little extra (or just turn to rain) after 8-9 PM. Driving in traffic when it's coming down an inch and a half per hour is brutal.
                        True but they are equally hysterical about rain, smaller amounts of snow, pretty much anything. Lately channel 5 weather people do the report but seem to be refusing to buy into the frenzy. They say the potential and then verbally roll their eyes

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          Other than some salt on the steps leading to the building, it appears as if no treatment has occurred in the parking lot. I'm glad I came in late the last time it was icy. Perhaps I should just start calling in whenever it is icy.
                          In your situation, yes.

God, that was fun...

Comment

True but they are equally hysterical about rain, smaller amounts of snow, pretty much anything. Lately channel 5 weather people do the report but seem to be refusing to buy into the frenzy. They say the potential and then verbally roll their eyes
                            I think 5 has the most understated predictions, recently, and channel 7 (the indie one, former NBC affiliate) has the closest thing to accuracy.

To be fair, I only really check their websites. I'm not sure how the broadcasts actually go.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                              Northeast Regional:
                              West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                I received an unknown amount from Wynne Baxter. Using the average to date including last year, the total is now $71,457,788.21.
                                I received €1M from Susan Console. Using 1.13 as the conversion factor, that is $1.13M. The total is now $72,587,788.21.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X