Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D1 2018-19 scores, discussion, etc

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    BC needs to learn how to not panic when they are behind, but the problem is if they're behind it's usually because a team is closing us down in the first place and we need to try something different..
    I think UW has this same problem at times.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

BC needs to learn how to not panic when they are behind, but the problem is if they're behind it's usually because a team is closing us down in the first place and we need to try something different.

I don't know man. It was more of the same for us. Brutal loss.
      If I was going to try to "fix" BC, I'd concentrate on defense, defense, and more defense. You miss Burt more than we expected, so I'd try to borrow from Wisconsin and make it almost impossible to even get a look at your goalie. I think her confidence comes and goes. You'd like your goalie to stop the 1st and 3rd goals last night; the other two were on the skaters. I don't understand why your defensemen don't have the primary job of making life easier for an inexperienced goalie. It's like BC only has Plan A, which hasn't worked that well at the highest level in the past, and there doesn't seem to be a fallback plan. By the end, you could just see Harvard improving with every shift.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
        If I was going to try to "fix" BC, I'd concentrate on defense, defense, and more defense. You miss Burt more than we expected, so I'd try to borrow from Wisconsin and make it almost impossible to even get a look at your goalie. I think her confidence comes and goes. You'd like your goalie to stop the 1st and 3rd goals last night; the other two were on the skaters. I don't understand why your defensemen don't have the primary job of making life easier for an inexperienced goalie. It's like BC only has Plan A, which hasn't worked that well at the highest level in the past, and there doesn't seem to be a fallback plan. By the end, you could just see Harvard improving with every shift.
        Well said. Agree that there is a definite need to focus on playing defense in front of a first year goalie. She likely feels it’s all on her right now which it clearly isn’t. If they can figure that out, they will be in the running. If not, their season will come to an end quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          As a midwest elitist, I don't think bc should be fixed. I'm fine with how bc plays...Very entertaining to watch.
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            As a midwest elitist, I don't think bc should be fixed. I'm fine with how bc plays...Very entertaining to watch.
            As a Gopher fan I'm with FHF, in that I recognize that BC has tons of talent and is entertaining to watch, while also recognizing that this team hasn't figured out how to beat teams that they have no business losing to. They are in no way out of going far in the post season - should they qualify - if they somehow manage to figure things out and if they do possibly going on all the way to win the NCAA championship. Provided they make the necessary adjustments, as ARM points out above, if they do I believe they have the talent to win it all.

Therefore, again as a Gopher fan, I'm with FHF, in that I'll be totally fine with if BC continues with their current all-offensive system, with no adjustments needed.
            Last edited by D2D; 02-06-2019, 05:37 PM.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The fear is palpable for UNH down 3-1 to bc...

Somehow UNH, on a PP, gave up a 2-0 breakawy...

Megan Keller by herself is leading UNH 2-1.
              Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-08-2019, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Someone should tell the announcer that bc already had the touchdown. They just added the extra point.

Just what the doctor ordered for bc...A team that did their best pylon imitations and offered up very little resistance.

Final 7-1 bc over UNH.
                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-08-2019, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                  Someone should tell the announcer that bc already had the touchdown. They just added the extra point.
                  When we scored the 7th with under a minute to go he said "there's the dagger!" I ribbed him a little for that one lol

He's a great announcer. Knows the team well and is one of the few PBP guys to actually put in the effort and get to know the stuff from the other roster. I enjoy listening to him call our games. He's fun.
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

When we scored the 7th with under a minute to go he said "there's the dagger!" I ribbed him a little for that one lol

He's a great announcer. Knows the team well and is one of the few PBP guys to actually put in the effort and get to know the stuff from the other roster. I enjoy listening to him call our games. He's fun.
                    All in good fun...I have streamed quite a few bc game this year and I will give him his due as he does do a good job.

BTW Ohio State loses to a team in green tonight...3-2 Bemidji over the Buckeyes.

Comment

Minnesota State scores on the power play to make it 2-1 Badgers. Twelve minutes left in the 2nd. The Mavs' lone shot in the first came on a breakaway after a center ice Badger turnover.

Edit: Badgers answer quickly on a power play of their own, now 3-1 with another two minute power play to work with.

Edit No. 2: Badgers score again and make it 4-1. This game is all but over...
                      Last edited by D2D; 02-09-2019, 03:09 PM.

Comment

St. Lawrence with a 1-0 lead over Cornell, heading into the 3rd.

Comment

Some pairwise adjustments needed this week / today. Does anybody have any insight why PW hasn't been updated for a few days?

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            St. Lawrence with a 1-0 lead over Cornell, heading into the 3rd.
                            Game ends in a 1-1 overtime tie. St. Lawrence outshot Cornell 36-29 which is a bit of a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              Game ends in a 1-1 overtime tie. St. Lawrence outshot Cornell 36-29 which is a bit of a surprise.
                              And Colgate 4 Clarkson 3 in OT.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyhub View Post
                                Some pairwise adjustments needed this week / today. Does anybody have any insight why PW hasn't been updated for a few days?
                                Because USCHO doesn't really care that much about women's hockey. Notice that the men's pairwise gets updated far more frequently.

Comment

Working...
                                X