X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Democratic Challengers Vi: The Undiscovered Country

Carry on.

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers Vi: The Undiscovered Country

The leap from Clinton to McCain was almost a decade earlier. And the leap was a fifth the distance the leap from Sanders to Trump.

Especially if Clinton was such a warmongering conservadem you people like to claim she was. That 10% doesn’t represent what you think it does.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      The leap from Clinton to McCain was almost a decade earlier. And the leap was a fifth the distance the leap from Sanders to Trump.

Especially if Clinton was such a warmongering conservadem you people like to claim she was. That 10% doesn’t represent what you think it does.
      My claim: More Sanders voters went for Clinton than Clinton voters went for Obama.
      The evidence: Sniffles got 10% of Sanders voters while McCain got up to 25% of Clinton voters.
      That seems pretty cut and dried. You can argue all you want about semantics.

I've already said that many union workers who backed Sanders in the primary switched to Sniffles because he claimed to be pro-union and Clinton very much was not. Despite the fact everyone warned them it was a lie, they still chose Sniffles. Maybe if she had made a few different choices she might have convinced those union voters to stay with her. Or maybe she could have won enough votes in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania so it didn't matter. But she didn't.

Stop blaming Bernie voters for her being a ****ty candidate.

Comment

His health _is_ a legitimate concern. The dude is 78, just had a heart attack and is running for one of the most stressful jobs on the planet.

Yes we know Trump is a fat piece of ****, but you Bernie Bros need to get your heads out of your asses. It’s time to maybe stop treat the other democrats running like their Hitler and find some common ground.

Comment

Those 10% of Bernie voters (and those like you that stayed home) should have known better. She can’t make voters not be idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews
            The argument, as I laid out a few days ago, is that it doesn't matter. We could run The Iron Man, Cal Ripken Jr, and Sniffles would still find a way to make his health a campaign issue. Hell, we could run Ironman and he'd say Tony Stark has heart problems.
            That is true...that doesnt change the fact though that he actually does have heart issues which is concerning for everyone.

I get what you are trying to say but I dont think the logic works out as well as you think it does. Just because Trump is going to attack the health of all the candidates doesnt mean we should put forth a candidate who legitimizes his attacks.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              My claim: More Sanders voters went for Clinton than Clinton voters went for Obama.
              The evidence: Sniffles got 10% of Sanders voters while McCain got up to 25% of Clinton voters.
              That seems pretty cut and dried. You can argue all you want about semantics.

I've already said that many union workers who backed Sanders in the primary switched to Sniffles because he claimed to be pro-union and Clinton very much was not. Despite the fact everyone warned them it was a lie, they still chose Sniffles. Maybe if she had made a few different choices she might have convinced those union voters to stay with her. Or maybe she could have won enough votes in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania so it didn't matter. But she didn't.

Stop blaming Bernie voters for her being a ****ty candidate.
              I’m saying those aren’t the same thing. You keep making it seem like a jump from Clinton to McCain was the same as Sanders to Trump. It’s not.

Clinton was anti-union? You better call the WaPo because you’ve got a hell of a scoop.

Edit: And for the record, they’re both stupid moves. I was one of the dumbasses who supported Clinton and voted McCain. One of the biggest regrets of my life. Something I won’t repeat.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Here's the thing... *Where* were these 10% Bernie Bros voting? Were they in Florida, Michigan and Pennsylvania? If its 10% spread across the US, that's .2% per state on average.

Less Bernie Bros voted for Trump per state than everyone who voted for green party candidates.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I’m saying those aren’t the same thing. You keep making it seem like a jump from Clinton to McCain was the same as Sanders to Trump. It’s not.

Clinton was anti-union? You better call the WaPo because you’ve got a hell of a scoop.

Edit: And for the record, they’re both stupid moves. I was one of the dumbasses who supported Clinton and voted McCain. One of the biggest regrets of my life. Something I won’t repeat.
                  Not ragging on you. But why? Your reasons going from Hillary to McCain?
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

No one is blaming Bernie voters on the whole, but they played a small part though. The majority of it was all on Hillary. Yet Warren doesn't come close to having the same roadblocks so stop crapping on her just because you're Bernie fawning falls on deaf ears here.
                    Last edited by Slap Shot; 10-05-2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

It’s also important context to remember that going into the booths in 2008, Obama was polling around +9 and we were coming off a very unpopular R administration. There wasn’t nearly the same urgency for people to toe the party line. In 2016, anyone remotely left-leaning (or remotely sane) should have been stampeding to the polls in support of Hillary. So some Appalachian (read: racist) union coal miners didn’t vote for the black man - so what? Two wrongs don’t make a right; Bernie bros who didn’t vote for Hillary can definitely still be called out for being stupid.
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Calling us "Bernie Bros" and blaming us for Clinton's loss doesn't exactly make us want to support your candidate. I was told - literally told - by Clinton supporters that they didn't want my vote. I'm sorry, but that's just stupid.

But let's rehash the 2016 election because that is sure to build party unity and defeat Sniffles. 👍

Comment

Stein voters are more to blame if you ask me.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            No one is blaming Bernie voters on the whole, but they played a small part though. The majority of it was all on Hillary. Yet Warren doesn't come close to having the same roadblocks so stop crapping on her just because you're Bernie fawning falls on deaf ears here.
                            Please point to one negative thing I have said about Elizabeth Warren.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Stein voters are more to blame if you ask me.
                              Stein voters are the worst. Had two old co workers I had to mute on facebook because they threw her **** around as soon as Bernie endorsed Hillary. One has spent the rest of the last three years going full anti vaccines. I'd just drop her but I get more entertainment calling antivaxxers stupid.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X