Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11/11/17: Cool Cadets? A win at the Vet? Adrian CCC the light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/11/17: Cool Cadets? A win at the Vet? Adrian CCC the light?

I'll be up at the Allied Veterans Rink in Everett for the JWU-Wentworth game for the last game of my tripleheader weekend. With 6 away goals, Wentworth looks like they'll capture this weekend's series with the Wildcats unless JWU finds their offensive switch.

Lest we forget

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
    Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
    Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead.
    Short days ago
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie
    In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
    To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
    In Flanders fields.

https://youtu.be/sd7b2v9T1Dw

https://youtu.be/McCDWYgVyps

https://youtu.be/hGoSWn1tHeo

https://youtu.be/bvouc8Qs_MI
    Last edited by joecct; 11-11-2017, 10:20 AM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: 11/11/17: Cool Cadets? A win at the Vet? Adrian CCC the light?

Thanks for starting this. I hope we get more action on this thread than has been on the Norwich thread lately. How about somem comments along with the scores updates. I'm too old to be of much help with the color.

NU56
    Old Member
    Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Originally posted by NU56 View Post
      Thanks for starting this. I'm too old to be of much help with the color.
      How about the black and white then?
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
        How about the black and white then?
        I'd try it, but hockey is getting too fast for my old comments. I'll leave it to those who know what they are talking about.

NU56
        Old Member
        Maybe the Oldest

Comment

I'd try it, but hockey is getting too fast for my old comments. I'll leave it to those who know what they are talking about.
          Have you forgotten your Norwich lessons? It doesn't matter if you know what you're talking about as long as you say it with confidence.
          Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
            Have you forgotten your Norwich lessons? It doesn't matter if you know what you're talking about as long as you say it with confidence.
            Oh, OK, I guess I'm getting older than I remember. Anyway, I have a nice sharp picture, but the sound is not very clear. Should be a good one!!

NU56
            Old Member
            Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Oh, OK, I guess I'm getting older than I remember. Anyway, I have a nice sharp picture, but the sound is not very clear. Should be a good one!!
              Same with me. I checked in last night and they had the same sound issue against Castleton. Must be just the way it is.
              Norwich '13

Comment

End of 1

Norwich 0
                Hobart 1

SOG:
                Norwich 4
                Hobart 15

SOG makes it sounds a lot more lopsided than it really is. Quite a back-and-forth affair. Ostepchuk probably wishes he had that goal back, but otherwise he's been incredibly strong in net.
                Norwich '13

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                  Same with me. I checked in last night and they had the same sound issue against Castleton. Must be just the way it is.
                  I was able to sync the broadcast to George's call of the game by advancing the video a very small amount. Give it a try. The video is clear but way to close to the rink, can't see all the players at once and it cuts off the near side boards. I think Norwich is struggling with the smaller rink and Hobart's aggressiveness. Let's hope the 2nd is typical and the guys put it together. Go Cadets.
                  There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

So, now it's time for Norwich to step up their game and score. Coach McShane must have been working overtime to come up with the new talent to replace all our departing seniors. They look good and once they get used to each other and create some team chemistry we should have quite the team. The new guys have come from all kinds of hockey systems and methods. One they learn the "Norwich Way" who knows what is possible. It seems to be the age where players develop rapidly or not and you never can predict who will do what. Hockey is much different from the good old days when cadet officers wore pinks and greens and Sunday night at the mess hall was always franks and beans. The last time I talked with one of a hockey player from my class, he said it doubts he could make today's team. Is this color or black and white or just BS?

NU56
                    Old Member
                    Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Of course I was late tuning into the 2nd period and missed the two NU goals (recurring theme for me this season).

End of 2
                      Norwich 2
                      Hobart 1

As for athletes from other eras and the modern team it's apples and oranges. Put up against one another, I'd put money on the modern player. But, that's because the modern player has the competitive advantage of advancements in strength and conditioning, nutrition, competitive youth leagues, etc. It's really impossible to compare if you're judging on speed, strength, and athleticism.
                      Norwich '13

Comment

Hobart / Norwich game headed to OT.

Hobart takes a penalty with 25 seconds to go in the game. Not sure I've ever seen an interference call go for a 5 minute major and game misconduct? Looked like the Hobart player got his stick up (didn't look intentional...but doesn't really matter)....not sure why the call wasn't high sticking?

Anyway - Hobart will be shorthanded for pretty much the entire OT....playing for the tie now.

EDIT:
                        Ends in a tie - great penalty kill for Hobart. Awesome game to watch...great pace...could have gone either way. Looking forward to seeing these two battle a few more times....
                        Last edited by llama; 11-11-2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Final
                          Norwich 2
                          Hobart 2

I was confused by the 5:00 major for interference too. Didn't matter though. You can say that Hobart dominated the penalty kill, that NU's powerplay was pathetic, or both. Cadets hit the post once, but otherwise never threatened for the entire overtime.
                          Norwich '13

Comment

I believe the call was a slash after the whistle which brought the 5 min/ game misconduct.
                            Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Bryn Athyn - 3
                              Naz - 2

Great game at both ends of the ice.

Comment

Working...
                              X