Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.34: Spy Gate. No Spy. No Gate.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Wow the Trumper replies to that are...interesting.
    I hear the same stuff every day at work. It must be on full blast on Hannity and Savage and in the Moonie News.

The entire right side of our political spectrum has not just lost the ability to think but glories in it. It's as if the jocks pinned down the teachers and gave themselves all A's because, hurr durr, violence!

It would be funny if they weren't making our country so laughable and weak.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Kep I don't question your commitment to destroying all things GOP. In fact, it brings a tear to my eye (well, not really but work with me) that you finally realize what I've been saying for years, which is that all Republicans are scum sucking jackazzes. Even two years ago you were arguing that moderate ones still existed, while people like Scoobs and I were equating that to the search for a live unicorn.

But your methods are what I'm worried about. It is possible to 1) advocate for the destruction of the treasonous money laundering cult that is the GOP which we both agree needs to happen, while 2) Not trashing every previous Dem president or leader who came before today and also claiming none of them get anything done. Whether you truly believe #2 or not, your comments come across as such. Your commitment to the cause is genuine, but you need to temper that with not calling every Democratic politician to the right of the progressive du jour a plute, sell-out, DINO, or whatever else you come up with. Save your barbs for where they belong, the GOP, a party that truly has done nothing worthwhile over the last 40 years as opposed to the Dems who've actually done quite a bit.

For example: why in God's name would you think any Dem president would have nominated Gorsuch for the SCOTUS? What exactly do you hope to accomplish with a comment like that?
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I thought this was the worst thing I'd read today:

And then, I saw this.

What a country!
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
          I thought this was the worst thing I'd read today:

And then, I saw this.

What a country!
          That cannot be posted enough. It's up a few times in different forms today and I'd like to see it a few more.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Well, Fox got caught pushing out their propaganda again and had to apologize. Good.

http://www.startribune.com/fox-sorry...ory/484614531/

NEW YORK — Fox News apologized on Tuesday for showing photos of Philadelphia Eagles players kneeling in prayer — not in protest — during a story about President Trump canceling a White House ceremony honoring the team for its Super Bowl victory.

The 33-second report aired late Monday with four still pictures of the Eagles shown in the background of Shannon Bream's narration. She said that the cancellation was due to "the national anthem controversy," where some NFL players knelt during the "Star Spangled Banner" last season to protest police brutality.

"To clarify, no members of the team knelt in protest during the national anthem throughout the regular or post-season last year," said Christopher Wallace, executive producer of the 11 p.m. Eastern program where the report aired Monday. "We apologize for the error."
            I think this story needs more traction. We now have a 40% that not only doesn't know the truth of things but also doesn't have a ****ing clue what the Constitution says.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I find it funny that convicted felon Dinesh D'Souza has been all over the TV lately spouting off how he was targeted and screwed over. He is playing the victim in a case where he was caught red handed and plead guilty. Amazing...

And Kep the stuff your saying is the exact attitudes that are tearing the Democratic party apart. I get you are making your deal with the devil, but you and your ilk that spout that stuff only tend to divide the party. That may not be your intent but it is the outcome. Same holds true with all the (not so) clever things trix says about the Democratic Party. Sure they are probably true, but if their own voting block tears them to shreds why should anyone else vote for them? I am no defender of the Pantsuited One but she isnt half as bad as people in her own party made her out to be and too many (myself included) took too long to start defending her. This is not some Polysci course where we can weigh the pros and cons...this is A vs. B and if A > B then you go full bore behind it. If people would have stood up for Hillary like they did Obama she is President.

I mean for Buddy Christs Sake we have liberals now ripping Obama? (including some around here) Are you flipping high? Obama may have been more Centrist than he lead us to believe but he was a **** fine President and we were lucky to have him. The oh (not) so clever comments from the Progressives and the Revolutionaries rank up there with the crap like the Trumpers spew. He may have done things I disagree with, but he deserves better than the snide comments and the derision he gets from many of the Progressives. (including you with your "stab you in the front"comment")

You cant have it both ways anymore. This isnt the mob or some weak confederation of allies this is us vs. them. You are either all in or you can get out. You are basically trying to do what racists do when they say "I dont mean to sound racist...but..." and that wont fly. If the locked in voters look wishy washy, the ones who stayed home will stay home again. We need to show strength and all of this catty BS that the Uber Left is trying to pull in the party is doing way more harm than good. If you dont have something nice to say shut your pie hole and just silently support. It is time for the Dems to act like the GOP or they might as well just quit.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

1. FFS, Rover, get over yourself. I've always hated the far right. What's changed is the right is now entirely far right, or cowards who won't stand up to them. I still offer safe harbor to any conservatives of conscience who want to come over here to the side of the aisle that is still American, but after about 20 years of their lowbrow jihad those numbers just don't exist anymore. "Everyone (with a brain, or a soul) there will have moved here." So it's not your advice.

2. Also, if you hate the right so much, maybe don't advocate economic policies that could pass for watered-down versions of 70s Republican platform planks, eh?

3. I didn't trash every post-FDR president, I trashed one non-President, Hillary. I pointed out that Bill Clinton made choices for personal political reasons which were morally repellent, which everyone agrees on. We followed Bill Clinton because he battered down the Dumble-Door of Reagan's "he made us (sniff) proud again" twits. He was a good tool. He and his wife are obsolete tech. Plus, we owe them nothing -- they did what they did for their own personal ambition.

4. Hillary did what she needed for power. If the deal was good enough to her, she'd sell Chelsea. I can't imagine a deal good enough to trade Gorsuch for, but if she had found one she'd have done it. And here's the thing -- I actually want that flexibility if the deal is good enough. The problem with Hillary was the deal wouldn't have to be good for the country, it would have to be good for her. The Clintons are snakes, and snakes have their place. But now isn't the time for snakes. Snakes are no good when you're fighting Actual F-cking Nazis.

Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  4. Hillary did what she needed for power. If the deal was good enough to her, she'd sell Chelsea. I can't imagine a deal good enough to trade Gorsuch for, but if she had found one she'd have done it. And here's the thing -- I actually want that flexibility of the deal is good enough. The problem with Hillary was the deal wouldn't have to be good for the country, it would have to be good for her. The Clintons are snakes, and snakes have their place. But now isn't the time for snakes. Snakes are no good when you're fighting Actual F-cking Nazis.

Bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Bull****.
                    But what does it matter? She's dead. She's irrelevant. You guys can go to your graves whinging on about the glory of her Magnificent Inevitability, but she's dead and gone and she leaves nothing in her wake to divide us. She is completely without further influence, a nullity. She is a dead parrot.

So what does it matter that I won't bow and scrape to her Ethereal Wonderfulness? That I think she's a moldy bread crust left too long on the men's room floor at CBGB's? That she's a moral fungal infection?

It matters not. I will happily support whatever jackwagon centrist eejit the castrated DNC throws up there for us next time, in order to drive a burning spear through the Devil's Anus of the Republican party.

So, we're cool. Just turn the f-cking page already. I can't see us having an actual substantive dispute again until we burn these righty ticks off our body politik, and that's going to take a generation.

You guys are like 70 millionth on my kill list. It'll come... but it'll take some time.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 06-05-2018, 03:49 PM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      I find it funny that convicted felon Dinesh D'Souza has been all over the TV lately spouting off how he was targeted and screwed over. He is playing the victim in a case where he was caught red handed and plead guilty. Amazing...

And Kep the stuff your saying is the exact attitudes that are tearing the Democratic party apart. I get you are making your deal with the devil, but you and your ilk that spout that stuff only tend to divide the party. That may not be your intent but it is the outcome. Same holds true with all the (not so) clever things trix says about the Democratic Party. Sure they are probably true, but if their own voting block tears them to shreds why should anyone else vote for them? I am no defender of the Pantsuited One but she isnt half as bad as people in her own party made her out to be and too many (myself included) took too long to start defending her. This is not some Polysci course where we can weigh the pros and cons...this is A vs. B and if A > B then you go full bore behind it. If people would have stood up for Hillary like they did Obama she is President.

I mean for Buddy Christs Sake we have liberals now ripping Obama? (including some around here) Are you flipping high? Obama may have been more Centrist than he lead us to believe but he was a **** fine President and we were lucky to have him. The oh (not) so clever comments from the Progressives and the Revolutionaries rank up there with the crap like the Trumpers spew. He may have done things I disagree with, but he deserves better than the snide comments and the derision he gets from many of the Progressives. (including you with your "stab you in the front"comment")

You cant have it both ways anymore. This isnt the mob or some weak confederation of allies this is us vs. them. You are either all in or you can get out. You are basically trying to do what racists do when they say "I dont mean to sound racist...but..." and that wont fly. If the locked in voters look wishy washy, the ones who stayed home will stay home again. We need to show strength and all of this catty BS that the Uber Left is trying to pull in the party is doing way more harm than good. If you dont have something nice to say shut your pie hole and just silently support. It is time for the Dems to act like the GOP or they might as well just quit.
                      Well said. I noticed he completely ducked the question, but why would a progressive say as Kep did earlier today that a Dem would have put Gorsuch on the SCOTUS depending on the situation? What could he possibly hope to gain with a comment like that?

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

But what does it matter? She's dead. She's irrelevant. You guys can go to your graves whinging on about the glory of her Magnificent Inevitability, but she's dead and gone and she leaves nothing in her wake to divide us. She is completely without further influence, a nullity. She is a dead parrot.

So what does it matter that I won't bow and scrape to her Ethereal Wonderfulness? That I think she's a moldy bread crust left too long in the men's room at CBGB's? That she's a moral fungal infection?

It matters not. I will happily support whatever jackwagon centrist eejit the castrated DNC throws up there for us next time, in order to drive a burning spear through the Devil's Anus of the Republican party.

So, we're cool. Just turn the f-cking page already. I can't see us having an actual substantive dispute again until we burn these righty ticks off our body politik, and that's going to take a generation.

You guys are like 70 millionth on my kill list. It'll come... but it'll take some time.
                        You've turned into the left's version of Bob Gray.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          Well said. I noticed he completely ducked the question, but why would a progressive say as Kep did earlier today that a Dem would have put Gorsuch on the SCOTUS depending on the situation? What could he possibly hope to gain with a comment like that?
                          Try reading. It will ruin your narrative but then at least you'll be being intellectually honest.

I hate it when people don't even try. And I HATE it when people try to win without putting in the work.

You may well be right. But be honest. That way if you win it will mean something and if you lose you will learn something. The way you do it, it's just Ted Cruz playing at sophistry to try to impress your friends and score cheap points.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 06-05-2018, 03:53 PM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

He doesn't even know the words.

Somehow his Twitter army can spin this into showing how it actually makes him more patriotic.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

So what does it matter that I won't bow and scrape to her Ethereal Wonderfulness? That I think she's a moldy bread crust left too long on the men's room floor at CBGB's? That she's a moral fungal infection?

It matters because you're lying about other liberals is just as bad as Trump's lying about other conservatives. Stop. Now. It's old, tired, and completely in tune with Fox, Fake News, and President ****tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                He doesn't even know the words.

Somehow his Twitter army can spin this into showing how it actually makes him more patriotic.
                                The only America he gives a **** about is the Plutocracy. The rest of it he would sell to Russia in a heartbeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X