Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Yeah, an easy decision for me as far as an out of town wedding or the Wisconsin/Minnesota series at Ridder...Except I was told in no short terms that the dog house was all prepared for me if I made a certain choice.
    No dog house for me so far, but I will be going solo to the game today. I guess a 50 year friendship with someone who's granddaughter is getting married trumps a hockey game for some people. My response about the wedding, "Hey, I've never even met the granddaughter."

She's making us lunch now, so I guess I'm still okay.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-02-2019, 12:41 PM. Reason: She does want updates on the game.
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
      Did they both play four years of high school or did the 2002 Olympics prevent that?
      Wendell played mostly boys' hockey, and I think just her last couple years she played girls. Darwitz played her final game as a sophomore. So for those two to finish 1 and 2 would be kind of odd, great as they were. Although I see at the end that it doesn't focus only on their HS careers. I would have thought that Renee Curtin would finish higher if they were going to credit the early days as much as now, but since she couldn't play after HS ...

Anyway, I'm guessing Ronda Curtin, Gigi, McKenzie, Brandt, Cameranesi, and Ramsey are others still to come. Penn State's Amy Peterson and Laura Bowman both had such great HS careers in terms of success -- have they already been named to the list? Sorry, I didn't see the 16-25 list.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

25. Ashley Albrecht
        24. Gabbie Hughes
        23. Taylor Heise
        22. Rachel Ramsey
        21. Milica McMillen
        20. Andrea Nichols
        19. Shari Vogt
        18. Sarah Erickson
        17. Sydney Baldwin
        16. Jody Horak

All but two here were or are Gophers.
        Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-02-2019, 07:41 PM. Reason: Odd Gopher game today. Very physical with few calls.
        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
          All but two here were or are Gophers.
          Am I alone in being puzzled that #22 and #21 are so far lower down than Bethany? Maybe she was more dominant in HS than I'm remembering? (Or Roseville is a St. Paul suburb, so the good folks at the PP like that.)
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I like reading about MN and MN HS hockey a lot but I believe that there really is material for 2 different articles/topics here from the east side daily.

The title of the article is, "The 25 greatest players to play Minnesota girls high school hockey".

In my opinion they should have one article titled, "The 25 greatest players who played Minnesota girls high school hockey" and another article titled, "The 25 greatest Minnesota girls high school hockey players".

Two different lists with two different parameters. Obviously there could/would be a lot of the same names on each list but there should be at least a couple of different names on the two lists.

Comment

Originally posted by used2lurk View Post
              I was at game. It was a good one.

It appeared to me that #18 was holding both the goalie stick AND her own stick and she either played the puck, held both sticks too long as the goalie did not know her teammate had it standing next to her, or the offender was involved enough in the play to warrant a penalty. Just my guess.

I too was very impressed by Wethington and Hemp. Definitely the favorites for Ms. Hockey 2019 & 2021. The 2 Cornell commits will be great additions to that team when they arrive in 19 & 20.
              Used2lurk...That could very well be it. It was something that occurred right by the side of the net so that explanation does make sense.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Big win tonight for the No. 1AA ranked Blake Bears, who won easily over No. 3AA ranked Forest Lake. More specifically, it was Blake's two Cornell recruits (Delianedis and Daniel) who figured heavily in Blake's 6 goals, as between the two they had 9 points. And this came against a team that had lost only one game all season, until this evening.

https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/gam...ferrer=4366187
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by used2lurk View Post
                  I like reading about MN and MN HS hockey a lot but I believe that there really is material for 2 different articles/topics here from the east side daily.

The title of the article is, "The 25 greatest players to play Minnesota girls high school hockey".

In my opinion they should have one article titled, "The 25 greatest players who played Minnesota girls high school hockey" and another article titled, "The 25 greatest Minnesota girls high school hockey players".

Two different lists with two different parameters. Obviously there could/would be a lot of the same names on each list but there should be at least a couple of different names on the two lists.
                  the St Paul paper is read by *surprise* St Paulites, people across the river don't even know it exists, the newspaper, although many don't know the city exists either
                  they likely had St. Paul people come up with the list
                  consequently highly slanted towards St. Paul people

I'm sure the paper is just happy people from across the river clicked on the link and perhaps sold a few newspapers to those players that never read the newspaper before

Comment

Posted by Lancaster on GPL, thought it was cute. Three Blake girls, all commits, showing off their musical talents.

Madeline Wethington - Minnesota
                    Lily Delianedis - Cornell
                    Addie Burton - Minnesota

https://youtu.be/bR1k9ZeqeOQ

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Posted by Lancaster on GPL, thought it was cute. Three Blake girls, all commits, showing off their musical talents.

Madeline Wethington - Minnesota
                      Lily Delianedis - Cornell
                      Addie Burton - Minnesota

https://youtu.be/bR1k9ZeqeOQ
                      Addie Burton shredding on a Ukulele...Nice.

This was just added as well...3 from White Bear Lake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqOJSAE7E4E

Sydney Shearen - Minnesota
                      Calla Frank - Minnesota State
                      Abby Delarosa - Bemidji State
                      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-07-2019, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Thank you all for the links and the info on Cornell's two Blake recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                          Happy to provide the information on my end. I will be interested in keeping tabs on these two recruits at Cornell since I have seen them both quite a bit.

We are very fortunate in Minnesota to be able to watch a lot of talented girls play high school hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                            Heading into the sectional playoffs I see that your two Cornell recruits are the leading scorers on their team, currently ranked No. 1 in the State. I would imagine that once they gain some experience at the D1 level they will become key contributors.

https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/sta...s&tool=3246600

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              Heading into the sectional playoffs I see that your two Cornell recruits are the leading scorers on their team, currently ranked No. 1 in the State. I would imagine that once they gain some experience at the D1 level they will become key contributors.

https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/sta...s&tool=3246600
                              I see you asked about Mikayla Pahl over on GPL and I was wondering why she hasn't been playing as well. Here is a link stating that an injury cut her senior season short.

https://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...de787413a.html

Also she is one of the 5 finalists for the 2019 Let's Play Hockey Senior Goalie of the Year award.

https://www.stateofhockey.com/news_article/show/992677

Comment

Must have been a pretty serious injury to miss so many games. With her season cut short and her mediocre stats (with a dreadful team playing in front of her, no wonder!) I don't give her much chance of winning the award.

Comment

Working...
                                X