Maine Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey

Underperforming with the talent level here for sure. Vanisova is still a treat to watch. As far as Merrimack, that team makes adjustments during the game and is better than people think.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
      Underperforming with the talent level here for sure. Vanisova is still a treat to watch. As far as Merrimack, that team makes adjustments during the game and is better than people think.
      Watching them again Saturday I see something is missing...they have the talent in place...but not the same mojo as last year...they had a magic season last year and figured they could make another step forward...sometimes you assume to come back and it will be a piece of cake...but the words here are needed: harder working team @ both ends of the ice, they still have not figured it out that no one will let them sneak up on this year, and on ice leadership...#7 and #21 need to be a force in that [imo]. I still think they'll figure it out and make a run but it won't be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        Watching them again Saturday I see something is missing...they have the talent in place...but not the same mojo as last year...they had a magic season last year and figured they could make another step forward...sometimes you assume to come back and it will be a piece of cake...but the words here are needed: harder working team @ both ends of the ice, they still have not figured it out that no one will let them sneak up on this year, and on ice leadership...#7 and #21 need to be a force in that [imo]. I still think they'll figure it out and make a run but it won't be easy.
        Well another win today would be a good turn around. I'll be watching. It is actually easier on my nerves than watching the men's team this season.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          Well another win today would be a good turn around. I'll be watching. It is actually easier on my nerves than watching the men's team this season.
          4-sure.

Comment

@ Vermont this weekend....need some much needed road wins...and Hockey East points.

Comment

Well, they got a split and earned two points. Was hoping for a sweep, but a split is what I would have expected since on the road.

Nice to see Strandberg get a goal. Not used to seeing her show up on the score sheet. A game winner too.

Comment

Highlights from Friday...
                https://youtu.be/hbg6hTk3eLI

Highlights from Saturday...
                https://youtu.be/MMOvGJFSBdg

Comment

Tedenby gets HE rookie of the week...
                  https://goblackbears.com/news/2018/1...ek-honors.aspx

Comment

Maine picked up a defensemen commit, Elise Morphy, from SK, CA. She is currently playing for Shattuck U16 women's team.

http://ssmathletics.org/sports/hocke...s/Elise_Morphy

There is no rating on nuetral zone, but it covered a tourney she attended. She was said to handle herself at the point well, uses body to create space, etc...

Here is the Twitter announcement...
                    https://***********/WHockeyCommits/s...260604928?s=19

Comment

Girls might start going on a tear. Like the make up of this team and think this team might gel together as a cohesive unit.

Comment

Maine held off BU for a 1-0 victory in a pretty evenly played game that ended with BU power play and a pulled goalie giving them two extra attackers. Great hockey game.

Comment

I noticed another recruit on nuetral zone site.

Nyah Philip #10 (Brampton, Right shot F, 2020, Maine) – Very fast. Good vision and passer. High compete level. Strong on her feet. Good hockey sense. Backchecks hard, drives the net hard and draws penalties. Is physical and has good speed.

Nuetral zone rated her a 3.5/5 and 13th for her age group in Ontario.

Comment

BU with more motor today carrying play. Earned a couple big power plays that seemingly made Maine winded and flat footed. BU wins handedly 3-0 to split the weekend series. Maine won the season series two games to one.

Comment

Vanisova seems to have missed both Holy Cross games -- any word on why?

Comment

Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
                                Vanisova seems to have missed both Holy Cross games -- any word on why?
                                She had a situation where she was knocked down going to the net, slid in, and got her skates up.... Which is a no no. And pushed off. She knows why she was suspended.

Comment

Working...
                                X