X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    He's not injured, definitely sick. Krys has struggled the past few weekends so a night off is a good step to help him hit the reset button. The team performed really well last night in place of those three.
    Flu virus has been going around the team; Harper apparently has a severe case of it. Don't see we'll see him back until after the ASU series given the travel involved and its impact on his recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
      Flu virus has been going around the team; Harper apparently has a severe case of it. Don't see we'll see him back until after the ASU series given the travel involved and its impact on his recovery.
      Wow that's three weeks of having it. Hope he's doing OK himself outside of his timetable to return. Sidenote - it'd be great if the student reporters actually reported on that instead of us hearing things through the grapevine. You'd think if a team's top scorer is absent for two weeks straight that'd be something worth asking the coach about.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Wow that's three weeks of having it. Hope he's doing OK himself outside of his timetable to return. Sidenote - it'd be great if the student reporters actually reported on that instead of us hearing things through the grapevine. You'd think if a team's top scorer is absent for two weeks straight that'd be something worth asking the coach about.
        Another thing I haven't seen reported, but it could be just me, is when we will actually lose Greenway. The Harvard thread mentions that Donato will be able to play the first round game (against us), so I assume that means we'l have Jordan for that game as well. Has anybody heard definitively?
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Central Scouting Mid-term Rankings are out. Among North American Skaters, Tkachuk us #3, Farabee is #11, Weiss is #71. Wise is one of five in the "not enough info" category since he was out for so long with his injury.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Another thing I haven't seen reported, but it could be just me, is when we will actually lose Greenway. The Harvard thread mentions that Donato will be able to play the first round game (against us), so I assume that means we'l have Jordan for that game as well. Has anybody heard definitively?
            He’s leaving after the first Beanpot game.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              He’s leaving after the first Beanpot game.
              Who needs the Freep when we have Scarlet?
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

I don't know how much hope I have for Team USA if the team isn't getting together until the week that the Games begin. Long flight over there, the athletes have to go through processing. I am assuming none of them will march int he Opening Ceremony. That's disappointing.

I just looked at the standings on the Hockey East website. Oh, before I did that, I noticed a glaring typo on their news reel....Boston Univeristy. Now when I just typed that here, the correct spelling came up. How can a typo like that happen in a headline?? Any. Way. So, currently BU is tied for fourth. I have no idea how that is the case but here we are. They have four non conference games left (ASU and Beanpot) but too few conference games in my opinion. They actually have a chance at a bye that I thought was far from happening. What can we expect and what should we want to happen with the rest of the league?

Comment

There were three scratches for the Avalanche last night for their game vs. Toronto, AJ Greer, David Warsofsky, Colin Wilson.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                    There were three scratches for the Avalanche last night for their game vs. Toronto, AJ Greer, David Warsofsky, Colin Wilson.
                    Wilson is out with the flu. Greer and Warsofsky are recent call-ups from the AHL, waiting for an opportunity, but the way the Avs have been playing, it'll likely take an injury for them to make changes.
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                      Got me thinking. I am flying into Denver for a ski trip over Feb. break. Maybe I'll wear my BU jersey and see if I happen to come across a knowledgeable Avs fan. With those three, plus Drury, Yip, Shattenkirk, Cohen, VDG, they must be among the teams with the most current or former players that came through BU. I am probably missing a couple.

Comment

Got me thinking. I am flying into Denver for a ski trip over Feb. break. Maybe I'll wear my BU jersey and see if I happen to come across a knowledgeable Avs fan. With those three, plus Drury, Yip, Shattenkirk, Cohen, VDG, they must be among the teams with the most current or former players that came through BU. I am probably missing a couple.
                        Two others--Millan and Skladany--were drafted by Colorado, but never reached the NHL. FWIW, Colorado/Quebec and NY Islanders are tied for most Terriers drafted with 13.
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

David Quinn. Sacco. They drafted Millan, he played in their system for a bit. Don't know where he is now.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                            David Quinn. Sacco. They drafted Millan, he played in their system for a bit. Don't know where he is now.
                            Kieran retired a while back and no longer plays hockey.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Nice segment on Jack Eichel making a wish. And he had a 4-point night in Buffalo's 5-0 win at Edmonton.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/bbg...090/c-56912603

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/sabr...rt/c-295244226

Comment

Dude
                                Nieto is having a very good yr for them on the 4h line. May earn a multi yr deal
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X