The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

I don't pop in here often, but being the natural dad...things are way different. Congrats, and wish you well in the rollercoaster of emotions that you will feel.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
      I can finally say that after nearly four years of frustration, my wife and I are expecting a child on March 9. (She's 9 weeks pregnant.)

We took the summer off from doing more treatments and so my wife could train for her 13.1-mile half-marathon walk. She remarked that she'd get pregnant while trained, and it happened. We spent our wedding anniversary getting the ultrasound and initial appointment done, and everything looks good. I'm still in shock that it actually happened. I'd honestly resigned myself to it. I'm so grateful for it to finally happen. Thanks for listening to me and bearing with me during the bad times. I will never forget it.
      Congratulations! Being a dad is a blessing!
      Originally posted by Priceless
      Good to see you're so reasonable.
      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
      Very well, said.
      Originally posted by Rover
      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
        I can finally say that after nearly four years of frustration, my wife and I are expecting a child on March 9. (She's 9 weeks pregnant.)

We took the summer off from doing more treatments and so my wife could train for her 13.1-mile half-marathon walk. She remarked that she'd get pregnant while trained, and it happened. We spent our wedding anniversary getting the ultrasound and initial appointment done, and everything looks good. I'm still in shock that it actually happened. I'd honestly resigned myself to it. I'm so grateful for it to finally happen. Thanks for listening to me and bearing with me during the bad times. I will never forget it.
        We knew you had it in you! ;-)
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Long time since I have been in this thread.

Congrats MountieBoyOz! Finally one slipped past the goalie.

In other news, I mentioned that my aunt had her cancer come back. Get a phone call last night, as my mom knew that I would be awake, to tell me that my aunt's cancer spread from her lungs to her brain. Similar to my other aunt that just died. The difference is that it was caught early so they can do something. Waiting for more details to surface.

After finding this out, I realized that I really did hit the genetics jackpot.
          Originally posted by Skeeterman
          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Poop. That stinx. * Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by lady wore black View Post
              long time since i have been in this thread.

Congrats mountieboyoz! Finally one slipped past the goalie.

In other news, i mentioned that my aunt had her cancer come back. Get a phone call last night, as my mom knew that i would be awake, to tell me that my aunt's cancer spread from her lungs to her brain. Similar to my other aunt that just died. The difference is that it was caught early so they can do something. Waiting for more details to surface.

After finding this out, i realized that i really did hit the genetics jackpot.
              * cancer!
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Also, I've mentioned before that my dad and I are struggling financially. We got another letter saying we have until March to pay back taxes or face eviction.

With that in mind, I know my job at Sam's pays for food and gas in the car, but I am stepping up the search for full-time work. I believe full-time would allow me to help my dad with the bills, as well as start chipping away my dreadful amount of student loans.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  Also, I've mentioned before that my dad and I are struggling financially. We got another letter saying we have until March to pay back taxes or face eviction.

With that in mind, I know my job at Sam's pays for food and gas in the car, but I am stepping up the search for full-time work. I believe full-time would allow me to help my dad with the bills, as well as start chipping away my dreadful amount of student loans.
                  Prayers headed your way for a good full time job to come your way. Best wishes in your efforts!
                  Originally posted by Priceless
                  Good to see you're so reasonable.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                  Very well, said.
                  Originally posted by Rover
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                    Prayers headed your way for a good full time job to come your way. Best wishes in your efforts!
                    Pine Rest Christian Mental Health called; I have an interview with them next week Thursday at noon. It would be working with adolescents that the court sent to Pine Rest.

Coincidentally, that is the 5 year anniversary of my mom's shuffling loose the mortal coil.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      Pine Rest Christian Mental Health called; I have an interview with them next week Thursday at noon. It would be working with adolescents that the court sent to Pine Rest.

Coincidentally, that is the 5 year anniversary of my mom's shuffling loose the mortal coil.
                      Bonne chancé
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Good Luck!!

Comment

And Tyson-Hillshire Farms wants to bring me in for an interview too.

Comment

Good luck, Bob. Beaming all my secular good vibes at you!
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Good luck, Bob. Beaming all my secular good vibes at you!

Interview with Hillshire Farms is Friday at 11!

Comment

Well, the good vibes must have worked, because I feel I did well in the interview, and I got all the required paperwork in on time. Now I have one more interview to attend.

Also, my dad and I are scrambling to find a car, because the engine died on our current one, and it's not worth fixing.

Comment

Working...
                                X