Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2017-2018

Last night's game was extremely frustrating to watch. Although the shots were 47 to 21, I don't think we even had a handful of really good scoring chances. The PP went 0 for 6, which included a couple of 5 on 3s. Regarding the 2nd PP unit, they barely get much time to set up as the 1st PP unit usually stays on for 1:30 and even stayed on for all 2:00 at one point last night. I don't understand why the 3rd line was starting every period last night - wouldn't it be better to start one of the top two lines to try and win possession and get RPI on their heels? Also noticed Bowlby didn't play even though he was listed on the line chart - sick maybe? I'd also like to see them give Mitch Perrault a crack at the 3rd or 4th line - he's only played 3 games this season, but he had some good numbers in the USHL, so I'd think he should have some potential http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=285196

I'm hopeful we can sweep Princeton and Quinnipiac again, this weekend, but after the last two games, I'm getting a little concerned

Comment

Originally posted by Game0n View Post
      Last night's game was extremely frustrating to watch. Although the shots were 47 to 21, I don't think we even had a handful of really good scoring chances. The PP went 0 for 6, which included a couple of 5 on 3s. Regarding the 2nd PP unit, they barely get much time to set up as the 1st PP unit usually stays on for 1:30 and even stayed on for all 2:00 at one point last night. I don't understand why the 3rd line was starting every period last night - wouldn't it be better to start one of the top two lines to try and win possession and get RPI on their heels? Also noticed Bowlby didn't play even though he was listed on the line chart - sick maybe? I'd also like to see them give Mitch Perrault a crack at the 3rd or 4th line - he's only played 3 games this season, but he had some good numbers in the USHL, so I'd think he should have some potential http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=285196

I'm hopeful we can sweep Princeton and Quinnipiac again, this weekend, but after the last two games, I'm getting a little concerned
      I think it has to do with finishing which is sorely lacking in this year's squad. Also remember we lost to RPI last year at their barn in what was then a shocker. Lost again to Union and then the Dartmouth debacle. So I fully expect the team to come out of its January swoon this weekend at B-L. At least I'm hoping that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
        So I fully expect the team to come out of its January swoon this weekend at B-L. At least I'm hoping that's the case.
        Can't they wait until next weekend?
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Sorry for skipping back to the Union game, but there was a delay I think it was 3 minutes into the second period, while the officials reviewed something on the monitor. It was several stoppages after the last goal so we assumed they weren't looking at the goal. Can anyone who watched on TV clue me in? Thanks.

Regardless of how Harvard played, it was a nice ending by Bowlby.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Faced View Post
            Sorry for skipping back to the Union game, but there was a delay I think it was 3 minutes into the second period, while the officials reviewed something on the monitor. It was several stoppages after the last goal so we assumed they weren't looking at the goal. Can anyone who watched on TV clue me in? Thanks.

Regardless of how Harvard played, it was a nice ending by Bowlby.
            They were reviewing a shot from Donato (I think) that was very close to being over the line. Play had gone on without a whistle, so when there finally was a stoppage, the refs were informed and they reviewed the video. Turns out it was not a goal, so play resumed where it left off.

Comment

Originally posted by Game0n View Post
              They were reviewing a shot from Donato (I think) that was very close to being over the line. Play had gone on without a whistle, so when there finally was a stoppage, the refs were informed and they reviewed the video. Turns out it was not a goal, so play resumed where it left off.
              Thanks GameOn, there was no announcement, and the official seems to take a good time reviewing it.

Comment

Bowlby out again tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                  Bowlby out again tonight.
                  Down with mono. Out 3-4 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Scouting the Enemy: Harvard Crimson

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...d-crimson.html
                    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                    https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by HUCrimson#1 View Post
                      Down with mono. Out 3-4 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Ouch. Too bad. He was starting to turn it on.

Comment

Some observations from last night's game while waiting for another deep freeze to descend on NE.

1. Our D has become soft and a bit lazy. Maybe more than a bit. For the first period and a half last night, we looked like we were in complete control. Then Princeton started to push back aided by a PP and from then on, our D was on its heels for most of the rest of the night. Inexplicable how an experienced crew with obvious talent can get pushed around. Sherman isn't doing himself any favors with the Bruins by playing soft. Fox I'll excuse because of the WJs. Then again, if Baughman and Dumbrovsky fail to block shots with Madsen out of position, it would have been a very different game.

2. Our forwards outside of Donato aren't getting the job done. Skating isn't the issue, it's making plays and creating quality chances. I'm trying to imagine the month of February without Ryan and it is positively scary. I truly believe we might only win two games and score 12 goals the entire month. I'm not kidding. I'm hoping it looks worse than it is.

3. Our PP absolutely blows. First or second unit, it really is a disaster. Reminds me of when Tommassoni was coaching the team and they had a stretch of 2 for 69 on the PP. Again, talent shouldn't be an issue. Something is missing for sure.

4. Lack of identity or chemistry. The team seems to be searching for some type of catalyst or formula that will enable them to play a 60 minute game. Last night, they came out firing on all cylinders only to fade in the second half of the game. Utterly confounding. The coaches need to step up here and maybe try new combos or sit some people. There is a comfort level that is a little distressing here.

5. On a brighter note, Madsen is playing great and the team has only lost once in eight games. Their competition has been subpar so far but that will change in the next two weeks. Players such as Krushko and Zerter Gossage have to play better. There can be no excuses at this point. Either they are going to push for a top four spot or be relegated to eighth or ninth place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                          Some observations from last night's game while waiting for another deep freeze to descend on NE.

1. Our D has become soft and a bit lazy. Maybe more than a bit. For the first period and a half last night, we looked like we were in complete control. Then Princeton started to push back aided by a PP and from then on, our D was on its heels for most of the rest of the night. Inexplicable how an experienced crew with obvious talent can get pushed around. Sherman isn't doing himself any favors with the Bruins by playing soft. Fox I'll excuse because of the WJs. Then again, if Baughman and Dumbrovsky fail to block shots with Madsen out of position, it would have been a very different game.

2. Our forwards outside of Donato aren't getting the job done. Skating isn't the issue, it's making plays and creating quality chances. I'm trying to imagine the month of February without Ryan and it is positively scary. I truly believe we might only win two games and score 12 goals the entire month. I'm not kidding. I'm hoping it looks worse than it is.

3. Our PP absolutely blows. First or second unit, it really is a disaster. Reminds me of when Tommassoni was coaching the team and they had a stretch of 2 for 69 on the PP. Again, talent shouldn't be an issue. Something is missing for sure.

4. Lack of identity or chemistry. The team seems to be searching for some type of catalyst or formula that will enable them to play a 60 minute game. Last night, they came out firing on all cylinders only to fade in the second half of the game. Utterly confounding. The coaches need to step up here and maybe try new combos or sit some people. There is a comfort level that is a little distressing here.

5. On a brighter note, Madsen is playing great and the team has only lost once in eight games. Their competition has been subpar so far but that will change in the next two weeks. Players such as Krushko and Zerter Gossage have to play better. There can be no excuses at this point. Either they are going to push for a top four spot or be relegated to eighth or ninth place.
                          Agree.

Fox was way too nonchalant all night.

Walsh needs to bevmore patient and stop forcing the puck through when there is no space

Should have been 6-0 at one point. But too many non-finishers.

On a good note, said Donato would be there through the first round of the Beanpot.

Comment

Harvard probably didn’t deserve a point against Quinny. An indifferent performance with no pace or purpose until OT.

Man does this team need to learn to finish. Byce, Floodstrand, Horton, ZG, etc.

I would move ZG off of the 1st PP and put Badini on it.

Comment

Quinnipiac, Harvard skate to 2-2 tie

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...o-2-2-tie.html
                              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

I thought the Quinnipiac game was pretty evenly played. The difference was Quinnipiac was 2 for 2 on the PP and we went 0 for 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X