Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    That level of approval didn't stop Bielema from being a lacivious scumbag.
    True, but he generated cash for Barry. Character doesn't really count under those circumstances.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        I'm curious to hear more about this anti-Strand business.

I'll rep my email address to you, aktick, if you care to elaborate non-"publicly".

Fwiw, I have a neighbor who is a national champion from another school who I haven't spoken to much about it (and he hasn't elaborated), but has a high opinion on Strand.
        You talk with enough people, you can find someone who doesn't like a specific person.

Comment

Originally posted by DoorCtyBadger View Post
          Luke Strand will be named badger hockey coach and JB Bittner will be his assistant and they are looking to fill another assistant coach position.

Explains why the they were scouting the Madison capital games this weekend.
          If your boss was fired and you were applying for his job would you stop doing your job? If you knew you might not get his job but wanted to keep your job would you stop doing your job? There's no logic to what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
            If your boss was fired and you were applying for his job would you stop doing your job? If you knew you might not get his job but wanted to keep your job would you stop doing your job? There's no logic to what you said.
            And no logic in the hatred for Luke strand by the 5 posters on this site either.

Comment

Originally posted by DoorCtyBadger View Post
              And no logic in the hatred for Luke strand by the 5 posters on this site either.
              Hatred is pretty strong word, don't you think?

On another front, and keep in mind this is coming from Wisko "I'm not really a bouncyball guy" McBadgerton, I heard controversy rumors that Bronson Koenig has possibly been blood-boosting with this:

I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

It is strange that they'd have the deadline so fast when a lot of people who would apply still actively coaching games, which smells like a Gard type move (meaning Strand or MJ). Logically they should have made it after the F4.

Like vs don't like Strand.......Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob,who is universally loved by all?
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                  Potential UW Head Coaches
                  George Gwozdecky
                  Mark Johnson
                  Don Granato
                  Mark Osiecki
                  Tim Coughlin
                  Luke Strand

Any other names that should be added to the fan's short list?
                  The best candidate for the HC position mentioned so far is Mike Hastings from Mankato who has the history and background of turning things around and building programs. He has the ability to identify the right players he needs, and get many of them, despite the competition from the bigger name schools. The problem is getting him out of Mankato, the offer would have to be pretty darn good. If he isn't on the shortlist something is very wrong. Sometimes an outsiders perspective is exactly what is needed to make that transition. If he got the job I would venture a guess he would bring some good recruits with him that would help right away, and he would wait to see how the young 98-99 commits develop rather than bringing them in early. I bet other Big 10 HCs hope it isn't going to be Hastings.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradz View Post
                    The best candidate for the HC position mentioned so far is Mike Hastings from Mankato who has the history and background of turning things around and building programs. He has the ability to identify the right players he needs, and get many of them, despite the competition from the bigger name schools. The problem is getting him out of Mankato, the offer would have to be pretty darn good. If he isn't on the shortlist something is very wrong. Sometimes an outsiders perspective is exactly what is needed to make that transition. If he got the job I would venture a guess he would bring some good recruits with him that would help right away, and he would wait to see how the young 98-99 commits develop rather than bringing them in early. I bet other Big 10 HCs hope it isn't going to be Hastings.
                    I like your reasoning and agree with another perspective being needed. Several have posted that Barry was going to work with Pat Richter's consulting group to find the new HC, but that doesn't seem to reconcile with having such a short deadline to fill the vacancy.

I'm hoping for Don or if not, then someone out of the box.

If it's a coach to settle things/get things moving up for 4-5 years (like a Gwoz) then bring in someone else later for a long term commitment then why not just give the job to Mr. Bill Howard? And no, I'm not kidding with that one.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      why not just give the job to Mr. Bill Howard?
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Did you notice this?

"However, applications will be accepted until the position has been filled."

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          Several have posted that Barry was going to work with Pat Richter's consulting group to find the new HC
                          I would be happier if they just let Pat Richter come in and do the hiring, period.
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Bradz View Post
                            Did you notice this?

"However, applications will be accepted until the position has been filled."
                            I haven't looked it up, but I would suspect that March 25th deadline is the earliest they can fill the vacancy and does not prevent them from extending the hiring window. By having an earlier deadline, they wouldn't have to wait after they located the right guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              It is strange that they'd have the deadline so fast when a lot of people who would apply still actively coaching games, which smells like a Gard type move (meaning Strand or MJ). Logically they should have made it after the F4.

Like vs don't like Strand.......Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob,who is universally loved by all?
                              Strand was at least the 4th choice for ASSISTANT coach behind Granato, Oz, and Harbison. There will be a little difference in the talent pool to pick from in trying to hire an assistant to the staff of a coach on a red hot hot seat verses handing a guy the keys to run a top 10 historic program. I would be shocked if Strand is a candidate for anything other than an assistant for the newly hired coach and an MJ hire would be equally disappointing (way to long out of the men's game and was hardly a shining beacon in the dark days of the end of the Sauer regime). The fast deadline doesn't necessarily mean the hire will be fast, rather it could mean they want the legal requirements of posting the job out of the way so when they do identify their guy they can consummate a deal immediately instead of having to wait on the legal time requirements. It could also mean they have a guy picked and essentially hired already...Oz or Granato could be the guy and not really limited by their current situations from being named (and even actually taking the job on immediately if they chose).

Comment

Okay, so who all have we bandied about here as a candidate?

George Gwozdecky (HC, Valor Christian High School... no, not kidding)
                                Mark Johnson (HC, UW Women's Team)
                                Don Granato (HC, USNTDP U-17 Team)
                                Tony Granato (AC, Detroit Red Wings)
                                Mark Osiecki (AC, Rockford Icehogs)
                                Tim Coughlin (HC, St. Norbert)
                                Luke Strand (AC, UW Men's Team)
                                Steve Rohlik (HC, Ohio State)
                                Mike Hastings (HC, Minnesota State)
                                Rand Pecknold (HC, Quinnipiac)
                                Rick Bennett (HC, Union)
                                Nate Leaman (HC, Providence)

Who am I missing?
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X