Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

The names look like they're affixed to the back with white tape, which is why the white jersey's look the best.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      The names look like they're affixed to the back with white tape, which is why the white jersey's look the best.
      Yeah...haha. Jake Oettinger's jersey even looks like there's another name patch underneath it! Maybe that's the tape.

Comment

Wasn't that part of the premise for the league - cheap jerseys, etc., to try and mimic adult pickup games?
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Wasn't that part of the premise for the league - cheap jerseys, etc., to try and mimic adult pickup games?
          Yes.

The duct tape is part of the attraction.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
            Guentzel/$400, Boeser/$333.33 and Haula/$300?? I wonder who sets these prices? There goes the resale profit margin.
            All the money goes towards charity.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              No, it's because these guys are short on cash.

Comment

No, it's because these guys are short on cash.
                I'm hoping the sarcasm just isn't coming through.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I'm hoping the sarcasm just isn't coming through.
                  You're hopeless.

Comment

I already knew that
                    Code:

Comment

Motzko told Sammy Walker (160 lbs.) this summer to get in the weight room and add some strength to his game. Apparently he's put on 20lbs since his Big Ten Freshman of Year season to beef up his inside and corners game. Having lost 12 players last season, it looks like as the BMW line goes, so the Gophers go. As a sophomore, I think Sammy wears the "C" this season and will be expected to take the lead up front and on the PP. He says he's ready.

“I think in open ice, you see that speed. But I think what he does in traffic — his compete level and how he fights for pucks — is as important,” Motzko said. “We’ve all seen players with speed that sometimes stay on the perimeter. When he gets in traffic, he’s a hockey player.

"The bottom line is you make hay inside the dots. His speed is electrifying and makes him dangerous, but what makes him superb is what he does in traffic.”

Former Edina and Notre Dame star Bo Brauer was the recipient of Walker’s set-up passes at the goalmouth on more than one occasion [Da Beauty League]. Having played with Walker’s older brothers in youth and high school hockey, Brauer sees plenty of traits that will mean future success.

“Two-on-twos aren’t easy when you’re going up against a couple NHL defensemen, but when he gets the puck and gets up to speed you’re just trying to match it, and he put the puck right on my stick a few times,” said Brauer, who plays minor league hockey in the ECHL. “Unreal hands, unreal vision, he can fly up the ice, and that’s a good recipe for a goal-scorer.”

“I’m trying to just keep improving. We’ll have a young team, but man, we’ll have a lot of talent, and I think we’ll be able to do something with it,” Walker said. “It should be a fun year. It’s kind of crazy that I’ll be one of the guys that they look to, but I think I’m ready for it. I’m just excited for the year.”
                      Strib Article: A day in the offseason life of Gophers hockey forward Sammy Walker

Comment

Motzko told Sammy Walker (160 lbs.) this summer to get in the weight room and add some strength to his game. Apparently he's put on 20lbs since his Big Ten Freshman of Year season to beef up his inside and corners game. Having lost 12 players last season, it looks like as the BMW line goes, so the Gophers go. As a sophomore, I think Sammy wears the "C" this season and will be expected to take the lead up front and on the PP. He says he's ready.

Strib Article: A day in the offseason life of Gophers hockey forward Sammy Walker
                        Wow, just reading this gets me excited for the season to get underway!
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Wow, just reading this gets me excited for the season to get underway!
                          Same here...I'm totally in on Motzko's "young and exciting" mantra. Been wondering about Jack Lafontaine, he's not on any Gopher roster yet. Anyone know if he's registered for classes this Fall?

Comment

Doesn't look like it.

https://usearch.umn.edu/all-campuses...k%20Lafontaine

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                              Strange. Classes start Sept. 3. Lafontaine would come in as a Junior with one final year of eligibility after this season. Late registration? Not recommended at the U and extremely rare with student-athletes. Let's see what happens. Looks like he didn't sign a NLI yet, he's a verbal.

We might be looking at 18 year-old Jerod Moe, Winnipeg Jets 6th rounder and SJHL goaltender Justen Close in a rotation this Fall.

Similar to Robson at 6’3″, 205 lbs, Moe was ranked 10th among North American netminders by NHL Central Scouting. Close, from Canada was a SJHL Goaltender Of The Year finalist last season and co-winner the year before. Robson was the first Canadian to be on the team since Kris Chucko (Burnaby BC) and Peter Kennedy (Brookfield/Truro NS) in 2006.
                              Last edited by SteveO; 08-19-2019, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Suddenly less than 24 hours later, LaFontaine is registered. Haha...

Comment

Working...
                                X