Dartmouth Big Green Season 2019-20; Now or Never

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dartmouth Big Green Season 2019-20; Now or Never

Hey Big Green, you received a commit today from Steve Townley. Kid played for a local team here last year, CP Dynamo. I like his game a lot. Didn’t put up big numbers but I remember the owner of CP telling me kid would be a D1 player. Looks like he’s right.....https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...steven-townley
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      Hey Big Green, you received a commit today from Steve Townley. Kid played for a local team here last year, CP Dynamo. I like his game a lot. Didn’t put up big numbers but I remember the owner of CP telling me kid would be a D1 player. Looks like he’s right.....https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...steven-townley
      Hey turks181! How are you? Thanks for the advanced scouting on BG's prospects! You are the best! Looks like this kid has a solid base size-wise to build on as BG has few like that...tall and stringy!

Comment

It's Game Day in for the BG as they travel to Harvaard! They play each other last week in a scrimmage, won by the Crimson 4-2. These games have been pretty close the last couple of years including the play-offs so expect no difference here. It seems as the expectations are a higher than usual for the BG and rightly so with plenty of solid veterans returning. This game's outcome is very simple...as Clark goes so does BG!

Comment

Different season same results as the Crimson makes the most of their chances and pummels the BG 7-3. Why was Clark not playing as Ferguson had a tough outing, though many times hung out to dry by his team D? Off-season and pre-season observations were that if BG was going good, it had to shore up their back end; yesterday was not a good outcome. Yes, Clark would have made a difference but given though Grade A chances, the crimson still probably would have won. The top line of Graber/O' Connor/Forman were good with extended zone time but not much to show for it.

BTW the Thruns was the best player on the ice by far, very errily skill set like Fox albeit LH.

Bounce back tonight in Durham at UNH!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
            Different season same results as the Crimson makes the most of their chances and pummels the BG 7-3. Why was Clark not playing as Ferguson had a tough outing, though many times hung out to dry by his team D? Off-season and pre-season observations were that if BG was going good, it had to shore up their back end; yesterday was not a good outcome. Yes, Clark would have made a difference but given though Grade A chances, the crimson still probably would have won. The top line of Graber/O' Connor/Forman were good with extended zone time but not much to show for it.

BTW the Thruns was the best player on the ice by far, very errily skill set like Fox albeit LH.

Bounce back tonight in Durham at UNH!
            Drove up for this one:
            -D was bad. Real bad. Hopefully that was an aberration because it won't matter what goaltender is in net if the Big Green allow chances like they did last night.
            -Ferguson wasn't "bad", although he had some scary moments at times where he got caught out of the crease and Dartmouth skaters saved a goal. But he wasn't "good" either, although he did make some big saves. A glass half full guy would say he's made some strides from last year; a glass half-empty guy would say 'there we go again--6 goals allowed'. I'd expect Clark goes tonight unless he's hurt or sick.
            -Speaking of that, I saw Shane Sellar in attendance last night. He's on crutches, so that doesn't bode all that well.
            -Agree with you about the top line, and thought the top 3 lines showed some speed / skill.

Getting waxed in Cambridge on opening night, I've learned, isn't indicative of the season, so hopefully they put it behind them and bounce back at UNH, who comes in on a high after a big OT home win last night.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBear View Post
              Drove up for this one:
              -D was bad. Real bad. Hopefully that was an aberration because it won't matter what goaltender is in net if the Big Green allow chances like they did last night.
              -Ferguson wasn't "bad", although he had some scary moments at times where he got caught out of the crease and Dartmouth skaters saved a goal. But he wasn't "good" either, although he did make some big saves. A glass half full guy would say he's made some strides from last year; a glass half-empty guy would say 'there we go again--6 goals allowed'. I'd expect Clark goes tonight unless he's hurt or sick.
              -Speaking of that, I saw Shane Sellar in attendance last night. He's on crutches, so that doesn't bode all that well.
              -Agree with you about the top line, and thought the top 3 lines showed some speed / skill.

Getting waxed in Cambridge on opening night, I've learned, isn't indicative of the season, so hopefully they put it behind them and bounce back at UNH, who comes in on a high after a big OT home win last night.
              So I was at the game last night and as a Crimson fan, I have a different take. You guys controlled play especially in our D zone and kept coming at us in waves. Your speed is so much better than in previous seasons. Yes you have issues on the backline but so do we. If your forwards can learn to connect on a few of those chances, you'll win your share of games.

One thing that was noticeable was the lack of backchecking by your forwards. In particular, I'm thinking of the first goal by Rathbone. Picking up the trailer is a fundamental play in hockey.

Ferguson was okay ... he should have had Drury's goal. Not sure if Clark would have made a difference but you guys would know better.

Good luck next week against Princeton at Yankee Stadium. Should be a great game.

Comment

Should have won this one tonight. This is where I thank the Ivy League for their archaic "we need to start 3 weeks later because academics suffer if we don't" mentality. I don't know is Dartmouth wins tonight if they'd played 5 more games as UNH has, but getting into game shape and going 60 intense minutes is aided after a few games under a team's belt. Then again, taking as many penalties and giving UNH chance after chance was likely more to blame for letting this one slip.

Liked a lot of what I saw tonight even in the loss.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBear View Post
                  Should have won this one tonight. This is where I thank the Ivy League for their archaic "we need to start 3 weeks later because academics suffer if we don't" mentality. I don't know is Dartmouth wins tonight if they'd played 5 more games as UNH has, but getting into game shape and going 60 intense minutes is aided after a few games under a team's belt. Then again, taking as many penalties and giving UNH chance after chance was likely more to blame for letting this one slip.

Liked a lot of what I saw tonight even in the loss.
                  Could not agree with you more GreenBear with less practice and game situations but either way, BG just cannot give up that lead especially with Clark in net! Just going by the stats a couple of things stick out: Clark's save %, penalties (Demler's 3 and one late in game and team's OT ones), Top line with a big minus across the board, D are getting apples.

I will give them a pass here for the end result based on very very early in season but with the caveat D zone coverage is D coverage whether its October, December, ot March.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                    So I was at the game last night and as a Crimson fan, I have a different take. You guys controlled play especially in our D zone and kept coming at us in waves. Your speed is so much better than in previous seasons. Yes you have issues on the backline but so do we. If your forwards can learn to connect on a few of those chances, you'll win your share of games.

One thing that was noticeable was the lack of backchecking by your forwards. In particular, I'm thinking of the first goal by Rathbone. Picking up the trailer is a fundamental play in hockey.

Ferguson was okay ... he should have had Drury's goal. Not sure if Clark would have made a difference but you guys would know better.

Good luck next week against Princeton at Yankee Stadium. Should be a great game.
                    Hey Skate79 great to hear from you and thanks for the kind words as we have always enjoyed a mutually respectful banter! Yes lack of pure finisher...I know this is lofty but O'Connor can maybe end up like Ryan Donato Light with his scoring prowess.

Like I said previously, Thruns was the best player on the ice by a mile, reminiscent of a lefty Fox...talk about lofty!

Thanks for the wishes on BG football as it is a chance of a lifetime to play anything at Yankee Stadium. PS sorry about yesterday's Hail Mary!

Comment

Hey Skate79 great to hear from you and thanks for the kind words as we have always enjoyed a mutually respectful banter! Yes lack of pure finisher...I know this is lofty but O'Connor can maybe end up like Ryan Donato Light with his scoring prowess.

Like I said previously, Thruns was the best player on the ice by a mile, reminiscent of a lefty Fox...talk about lofty!

Thanks for the wishes on BG football as it is a chance of a lifetime to play anything at Yankee Stadium. PS sorry about yesterday's Hail Mary!
                      Yeah, that was painful and all the more reason you guys should beat Princeton. Small consolation but at least something to hang on to.

I think Foreman has a chance to be ECAC POY. He's pretty dynamic.

We're excited about Thrun and his potential. Question is, will he hang around for three or four years?

Comment

No idea about this player but since I saw it in news, defenseman Diarmad Dimurro (now with BCHL's Trail Smoke Eaters) is no longer a Dartmouth commit, and will instead attend RIT.

Comment

Weekend Preview: Dartmouth/Harvard

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...thharvard.html
                          Last edited by QUAlum2004; 11-08-2019, 11:18 AM.
                          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                            QUAlum2004, I am sorry I cannot open for link to your blog! Suggestions?

Comment

It's Game Day/Weekend and still very early in the season. Q is always tough but BG has split with them recently with each winning at home. I think this will come down to goaltending as both have been less than stellar thus far. I just cannot make out Princeton and thus will not try yet although it is the "tennis balls" game.
                              Go BG!

Comment

QUAlum2004, I am sorry I cannot open for link to your blog! Suggestions?
                                Change https to http
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X