Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    And now GUY WITH AN ISSUE thinks you're a lazy, incompetent, hack.
    just "thinks"??
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I'm getting married in July, and looking into what my various benefits withholdings would become if I were to add my wife-to-be once the wedding date occurs. You'd think that these figures would just be published on the benefits page for all to see for the full year, but no, that's not the case. I have to call the HR line, which means I'll need to find a private room to make a personal call.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Waking up before my coffee is done, on my day off (so no alarm set), grinds my gears. Apparently I used up all my "sleeping late" time in my youth.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          I'm getting married in July, and looking into what my various benefits withholdings would become if I were to add my wife-to-be once the wedding date occurs. You'd think that these figures would just be published on the benefits page for all to see for the full year, but no, that's not the case. I have to call the HR line, which means I'll need to find a private room to make a personal call.
          Doesn't really matter, you'll still get screwed. We did what HR recommended the year we got married, and we ended up having to pay in about $5k when tax season came around. I recommend withholding more than they recommend, unless you're ok with having an additional bill in March-April.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Doesn't really matter, you'll still get screwed. We did what HR recommended the year we got married, and we ended up having to pay in about $5k when tax season came around. I recommend withholding more than they recommend, unless you're ok with having an additional bill in March-April.
            I was looking at more along the lines of insurance coverage - hers is horrible. As to the tax bill, I'm not looking forward to that at all. It doesn't really scare me, but I'm not expecting anything good.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
              Waking up before my coffee is done, on my day off (so no alarm set), grinds my gears. Apparently I used up all my "sleeping late" time in my youth.
              Been in Seattle this week. Finally, no reason to be in the office at 7:30a PT this morning, so I thought I'd sleep in a bit. Got a grand total of an extra 45 minutes. Fcuking jet lag.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Who takes tax advice from HR people?

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  IT folks.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    People who are not, are not related to, or are not friends with accountants...
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Several things involving Memorial Day grind my gears.

#1. "Happy Memorial Day". It's not supposed to be "happy".
                      #2. "Celebrate Memorial Day". You are not suppose to "celebrate" Memorial Day. You observe it.
                      #3. The idea that if you don't express your patriotism in a way that is personally acceptable to fill-in-the-blank (for one example, expressing patriotism on social media), you are not patriotic. (also see: NFL players kneeling)

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post

#2. "Celebrate Memorial Day". You are not suppose to "celebrate" Memorial Day. You observe it.
                        #3. The idea that if you don't express your patriotism in a way that is personally acceptable to fill-in-the-blank (for one example, expressing patriotism on social media), you are not patriotic. (also see: NFL players kneeling)
                        Agreed. You observe, and respect in your own way.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post

Wait a minute, you're telling me getting wasted on a boat drinking Budweiser from an American flag can while wearing my "2x world war champs" bro tank isn't patriotic?
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Bringing toddler to a funeral and letting them talk, wander around during the service. Funeral was at the Funeral home. THe kid talked to who ever was holding him, or anyone next to them, the whole time. Shush, talk, shush, talk. Then his Capt America (or what ever) activated and started talking. Walk outside of the room you diptwinkies! There were at least 10 kiddos there under the age of 10 and everyone else made sure their kid wasn't disruptive. I don't want to here Pappa, FLOWERS! look! while dodging a flailing action figure as a kid toddles by. I am trying to hear a eulogy.

Comment

Office coffee maker is one of those single serve brews, except it's not Keurig, it's something called RealCup. Apparently to get around a patent, their puncture point at the top isn't directly at the center, but rather slightly bottom center.

As you all probably know, K cups are becoming a huge issue for the waste their create, so I've been trying to find a reusable one. Unfortunately, they all appear to be made for Keurig only, with a hole right in the center, and RealCup's "sustainable" option that they brag about is a pod that you still end up throwing 1/3 away.

Guess I'll be sticking to bringing the thermos in for now.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                Wait a minute, you're telling me getting wasted on a boat drinking Budweiser from an American flag can while wearing my "2x world war champs" bro tank isn't patriotic?
                                I don't care what you DO in your own personal time to "observe", but it's really not that hard to use non-offensive language meant in the spirit of the occasion. ESPECIALLY if you are a business.
                                Last edited by jen; 05-26-2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X