Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU offseason thread - this begs some questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU offseason thread - this begs some questions!

More tweets. https://***********/friedgehnic/stat...314686976?s=21
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Tkachuk goes 4th to Ottawa.

Comment

Thinking Brady wants to come back to BU rather than go to Ottawa. I hope. And judging by the comments from the Ottawa fans on Twitter, they’re not too thrilled he was the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Thinking Brady wants to come back to BU rather than go to Ottawa. I hope. And judging by the comments from the Ottawa fans on Twitter, they’re not too thrilled he was the pick.
          I can only hazard a guess, Canadian team in top five means OHL major junior.

Comment

Ottawa had been expected to take a defenseman to protect themselves in the event that they lose Karlsson. Picking Brady 4th had a bit of a ripple effect in the 1st round. I'm wondering if Ottawa took Brady as a measure to help clean up the teams personality problems?

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
              Ottawa had been expected to take a defenseman to protect themselves in the event that they lose Karlsson. Picking Brady 4th had a bit of a ripple effect in the 1st round. I'm wondering if Ottawa took Brady as a measure to help clean up the teams personality problems?
              During the interviews with the GM & Co., they stressed character, intangibles, etc. multiple times.

The comments on Twitter from the Sens fans were pretty brutal - they can't believe the team didn't pick Zadina. That Finn that the Canadiens took at #3 really shot up the draft boards over the last couple months, so I think the fans were excited thinking they could get Zadina after all, and then to have the team not take him.... Most of the comments were along the lines of "He was right there!"

Never mind that the Coyotes passed on Zadina as well with the next pick...

I feel like Tkachuk is already going to be fighting a battle thanks to the fans reaction.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Jake Wise gets picked by Chicago at #69. Gronkowski would be proud.

Comment

Interesting to hear... “can’t miss at 15; now.....”

If it means 4yrs of decent play....
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Interesting to hear... “can’t miss at 15; now.....”

If it means 4yrs of decent play....
                    He suffered a serious injury a couple of years ago, broken collarbone I think, that stunted his growth and caused his stock to fall. Some analysts had him rated as one of the top 30 players in the draft but apparently teams were wary.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      He suffered a serious injury a couple of years ago, broken collarbone I think, that stunted his growth and caused his stock to fall. Some analysts had him rated as one of the top 30 players in the draft but apparently teams were wary.
                      Yup

Comment

Gorman expected to go today?

Comment

So, I was reading Brady’s draft blog and a few other articles and not one of them gave me any assurance that he’ll be back playing for BU next season. Hope I’m wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Gorman expected to go today?
                            6th round. Your Pens.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              During the interviews with the GM & Co., they stressed character, intangibles, etc. multiple times.

The comments on Twitter from the Sens fans were pretty brutal - they can't believe the team didn't pick Zadina. That Finn that the Canadiens took at #3 really shot up the draft boards over the last couple months, so I think the fans were excited thinking they could get Zadina after all, and then to have the team not take him.... Most of the comments were along the lines of "He was right there!"

Never mind that the Coyotes passed on Zadina as well with the next pick...

I feel like Tkachuk is already going to be fighting a battle thanks to the fans reaction.
                              I think him scoring only 8 goals is the "issue". Scouts love him but can he score enough will be the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                So, I was reading Brady’s draft blog and a few other articles and not one of them gave me any assurance that he’ll be back playing for BU next season. Hope I’m wrong.
                                Many Ottawa fans have speculated they don't think he'll sign. Of course they all probably know as much as we do on the topic - nothing.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X