X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    From Cornell Hockey today...
    While the 2018-19 complete season schedule has yet to be released, we can announce that Cornell will be hosting MICHIGAN STATE to start the regular season at Lynah Rink in a two-game weekend match-up!
    I'll assume that's the weekend before league play starts, given the whole ivy league ban on the beginning of October thing.

Comment

Here is what we know about UW's opponents

Home
      BC (2) (part of a 4 year rotation with BC and Merrimack, UW will go to each for one in 19-20)
      Denver (2) (no details yet on long-term impact)
      Michigan Tech (2) (no details yet on long-term impact)

Away
      North Dakota (2) (return for NoDak at UW in 17-18, unsure if rotation will continue)
      Clarkson (1) / St Lawrence (1) (part of 4 year rotation, will host Clarkson in 19-20)

Special Game
      UW vs Notre Dame in Chicago at the United Center, will count as UW home game. I believe this was tentatively scheduled for 3rd weekend in January. Will likely be game 1 at UW on Friday and game 2 in Chicago on Sunday similar to what they did this season when Notre Dame "hosted"

Also, to put into your "future" section, UW at UNO penciled in for 19-20 (return for UNO at UW in 16-17)

Comment

MTU to CCT for 2 is confirmed on CCT board. Date unknown.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          MTU to CCT for 2 is confirmed on CCT board. Date unknown.
          I'm still waiting for the day when we get a tournament weekend between those two schools, RPI, and RIT. Robot building competition for the scratches.

Comment

Can’t help you much on the RPI schedule, FD.
            Coach Smith mentioned at the year end party that we are playing UMass Amherst and UM Lowell. When I asked him “home or away”? He said both. Also mentioned that we are playing in the Catamount Cup up at UVM.

Comment

FD, I believe I saw on a Dartmouth tweet around mid-season that the BG were slated to play ASU there! If this is the case, then I would presume it would be in the December time frame, where historically they play non-conference games.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                Can’t help you much on the RPI schedule, FD.
                Coach Smith mentioned at the year end party that we are playing UMass Amherst and UM Lowell. When I asked him “home or away”? He said both. Also mentioned that we are playing in the Catamount Cup up at UVM.
                That's the same as what I heard at the Cornell game. Not surprised there's no updates, and I assume he doesn't want to spill the beans on things that aren't finalized.

Comment

Some Providence news.

Comment

I believe the convention is 25-28 April, yes? That's historically when a number of things are finalized.

Comment

eLynah stating that Red Hot Hockey this year is a NC game with conference opponent: Harvard.

This should be interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        That's the same as what I heard at the Cornell game. Not surprised there's no updates, and I assume he doesn't want to spill the beans on things that aren't finalized.
                        FD,
                        It seems weird to me that RPI would be playing home and home against both UMA and UML unless those two schools were also playing Union home and home. Did coach Smith really say "both" as RPI fan 4 life wrote, or did the coach mean one opponent would be home and one away?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          FD,
                          It seems weird to me that RPI would be playing home and home against both UMA and UML unless those two schools were also playing Union home and home. Did coach Smith really say "both" as RPI fan 4 life wrote, or did the coach mean one opponent would be home and one away?
                          When I was at Cornell, he said home/home. Amherst and Lowell aren't exactly that close to each other (80-100 miles depending on which route you take; albeit that's closer than the distance between Princeton and Quinnipiac), so I don't think travel partnership would happen. I don't think it would be weekend home/home, especially since the trip is comparable to going to UVM (at least for Lowell; Amherst is obviously closer). It's possible that he meant over a two year series, and it wouldn't be the first time we did that with those teams. It's a new coach and I don't quite have his lingo down yet.

Comment

When I was at Cornell, he said home/home. Amherst and Lowell aren't exactly that close to each other (80-100 miles depending on which route you take; albeit that's closer than the distance between Princeton and Quinnipiac), so I don't think travel partnership would happen. I don't think it would be weekend home/home, especially since the trip is comparable to going to UVM (at least for Lowell; Amherst is obviously closer). It's possible that he meant over a two year series, and it wouldn't be the first time we did that with those teams. It's a new coach and I don't quite have his lingo down yet.
                            Over a two-year period certainly makes sense. BTW, it is more than just his lingo which I don't have down yet.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For Lowell, it's a home-and-home Thanksgiving weekend. Friday at Lowell, Sunday at RPI.
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                                For Lowell, it's a home-and-home Thanksgiving weekend. Friday at Lowell, Sunday at RPI.
                                Of course there's always that one day gap. Thanks much.

Comment

Working...
                                X