This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncoinak View Post
    Am I missing something? Why do we have several posters here acting like WMU is itching to get out of the NCHC?

Can't speak for Miami but I don't get that feeling from them either..
    If you read all the posts you’ll see that we’re really not, at least WMU. Just throwing out possibilities. But perhaps a main reason the NCHC sounded so good to the two teams was no trips to Alaska or Alabama. With those trips off the table or reduced, perhaps going into a league better fitting their geography would help. I may have not been to those schools but I imagine playing other Michigan teams would be a better draw/rivalry than CC, SCSU, UND...
    DU and UMD have been hammering it out the past few years for top spot so while they may be very competitive towards eachother, it’s still no SCSU-UMD rivalry.
    Last edited by UMD21; 06-30-2019, 03:20 PM.
    I wanna go fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      Why would Western and Miami leave the NCHC for travel reasons and go to a league that adds Arizona State?
      I think it’s more likely RMU than ASU.

I don’t think WMU is necessarily looking to leave, but they will certainly see the geographic sense of joining a league in its backyard that no longer includes the Alaska schools or UAH.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Re: New WCHA is dead

What really stinks about this whole reformation is the fact that the WCHA took the CCHA outcasts, gave them a league to play in, and now they are back stabbing. No integrity.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I know it probably won't happen but I hope the B1G does the right thing and takes in UAA, UAH and UAF. We created this mess. Would be such a sad shame to see the Alaska schools vanish from D1 hockey.
          ---
          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
          19 Conference Championships
          10 Conference Tournament Championships
          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

That will not happen in one million years and yes the Big Ten did basically ruin college hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
              What really stinks about this whole reformation is the fact that the WCHA took the CCHA outcasts, gave them a league to play in, and now they are back stabbing. No integrity.
              There were more CCHA members in the WCHA than WCHA members. WCHA extended the invites before the dust had even settled. Northern, Lake Superior, and Ferris panicked and accepted right away. CCHA could have added Huntsville, been at 6, and let the WCHA fade away. With the seven that are leaving, it's a 50/50 split between CCHA and WCHA members (Northern is a wash).

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                There were more CCHA members in the WCHA than WCHA members. WCHA extended the invites before the dust had even settled. Northern, Lake Superior, and Ferris panicked and accepted right away. CCHA could have added Huntsville, been at 6, and let the WCHA fade away. With the seven that are leaving, it's a 50/50 split between CCHA and WCHA members (Northern is a wash).
                Regardless, the action of sending out this press release at 5 pm on a friday before the weekend is a chicken **** way of operating.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Regardless, the action of sending out this press release at 5 pm on a friday before the weekend is a chicken **** way of operating.
                  And it is even less respectable to send out the press release before advising the 3 outcasts. They didn't appear to have the decency to advise the 3 schools before they sent out the press release last thing on a Friday at the end of the news cycle. These two things show a huge lack of respect to the 3 partners they have left behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                    That’s incorrect. NMU had made the jump before LSSU & Ferris were invited, which didn’t come until after St. Cloud left the WCHA for the NCHC. Neither LSSU or Ferris would have been invited to the WCHA had St Cloud not stepped out shortly after proclaiming its’ allegiance to the WCHA. It wasn’t a panic move at all by NMU. BG joined in October and Huntsville was invited the following January.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

While we all might consider the timing bush league, I'm assuming before July 1 is a deadline to meet bylaws to allow them to leave when they plan to...the question is what it finally agreed upon very close to the deadline resulting in releasing this at end of business on a Friday (but also the last business day before the deadline) or completely planned to try to bury it?
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

As for St Thomas, I don't want to dig back and quote the right comments but St. Thomas can most certainly play up in hockey right now if they want, in that case they wouldn't get scholarships...and if they choose to elevate to D2, there is no reason they wouldn't be able to elevate hockey to D1 immediately and be on pair with the rest of the WCHA save for BGSU (full D1).
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by woodenskates View Post
                          And it is even less respectable to send out the press release before advising the 3 outcasts. They didn't appear to have the decency to advise the 3 schools before they sent out the press release last thing on a Friday at the end of the news cycle. These two things show a huge lack of respect to the 3 partners they have left behind.
                          Tom Bodett league sleeping in motorlodges kids rack up buss miles for ride back home
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                            I know it probably won't happen but I hope the B1G does the right thing and takes in UAA, UAH and UAF. We created this mess. Would be such a sad shame to see the Alaska schools vanish from D1 hockey.
                            None of these teams qualify for the BIG. UAH just formulated plans for a new hockey facility, so I suspect they may return to Independent status in 2021, but conference affiliation in the near future will be difficult. However, for UAA and UAF the realignment news seems perilous. With Alaska governor Mike Dunleavy vetoing over $100 million for the Alaska university system and without a conference as of 2021, both programs will struggle staying competitive as recruiting will immediately take a major hit. Unfortunately, the result is most likely the end of the road for UAA and UAF D1 hockey.

Comment

the timing sucks, the whole thing sucks. as a school that was left behind by the "like minded and elites" of the former WCHA, I can feel the pain of the Alaska schools and Huntsville. I will be interested in hearing the true reasoning behind the whole thing. no doubt money, it usually is. Michigan Tech has always been a proud supporter of new programs and of college hockey in general. I wonder if they were totally onboard with this move. Any idea, Shirtless? I for one, loved playing these 3 schools and trips to Anchorage and Huntsville were great. Sadly, never made it to Fairbanks. I can't imagine these teams want a 7 team league, I think they must have at least one school lined up to come onboard.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

this sums up my feelings.

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sp...s-Original-Six

I wonder if we are taking on Arizona? I would love to see them in our league.
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X