Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: U of Illinois AD & NHL joint press conference

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    Au contraire. Frozen Four weekend is about much more than three hockey games. The attention of the entire college hockey world is focused not only on the games but also all the other things that go with it. No better platform for making an announcement as significant as the launching of a new D1 program.
    I disagree. This is when we hear rumors of schools joining the icebox. Neither PSU or ASU made this announcement and they were smart, this tourney isn't about them but the four schools already playing D1 hockey.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

BOOM! or a dud?

@JoeMeloni: Per a Big Ten source, the conference recently instructed teams not to schedule non-conference games for the 2021-22 season and beyond, likely to allow the league time to figure out its new conference format with the Illinois announcement coming later this month.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

For the love of all that is holy, stick at 24 conference games. The other two best conferences in the country do it despite having 8+ teams.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          BOOM! or a dud?...
          Apparently (and finally) a BOOM, unless several credible sources have been duped.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
            For the love of all that is holy, stick at 24 conference games. The other two best conferences in the country do it despite having 8+ teams.
            I like the old old WCHA with 28 conference games
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I like the old old WCHA with 28 conference games
              Ya because the opponents were interesting...

Comment

BOOM! or a dud?

@JoeMeloni: Per a Big Ten source, the conference recently instructed teams not to schedule non-conference games for the 2021-22 season and beyond, likely to allow the league time to figure out its new conference format with the Illinois announcement coming later this month.
                I don't know why he would block me when I have no idea who this lad even is. I better log out and see his tweets.

Comment

Prob just a brief meeting to let people know there is no "I" in hockey or that they are announcing they are going to continue moving forward with a study to review how their study is going. Or in the ultimate I-rony, the press conference is to announce they are starting a WOMEN'S D-I hockey program.
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    Prob just a brief meeting to let people know there is no "I" in hockey or that they are announcing they are going to continue moving forward with a study to review how their study is going. Or in the ultimate I-rony, the press conference is to announce they are starting a WOMEN'S D-I hockey program.
                    Remember their presser and media release a year or two ago? WHere they had too many men on the ice, they were playing the Rangers, and they were missing a ref, all of which happened in the 4th period (or some such nonsense).
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                      I don't know why he would block me when I have no idea who this lad even is. I better log out and see his tweets.
                      He has me blocked too. I don't have a profile photo and never tweet. I just use it as a source for news. We must be in some filter he uses for bots.

Comment

Whitman: UI still on track to add hockey

Comment

Illinois inches closer to adding hockey program Startribune.com

Comment

Whitman: 'Big questions' remain before green-lighting UI hockey

Opinion: It looks like hockey will be a go but I'm guessing they are waiting to see who will pay for the $100 million arena which will house multiple IL sports.

Comment

Just what we need, another b10 school that Wisconsin and Minnesota fanbases couldn’t care less about. Ugh
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

*yawn*
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X