Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inch top 10 for 2012/2013

it should be.
    minny, wisco, Michigan, MSU, BC, BU, RIT, miami, DU, UND. Everyone else tied for 11th of course.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I like how they hedge their pick of Minnesota by starting off with the words "Assuming Bjugstad returns for his junior season instead of going pro". It does seem a little high of a ranking for me, but this far away from the start of the season I think anyone besides the defending national champ ranked # 1 is a stretch. Also Minnesota has a goalie issue that needs to be resolved before they can start thinking national championship, but they should be a top 5 team come October when final pre-season rankings are released from the various outlets. Also I think that BC as #6 is far to low, especially when they are returning the same goalie who shut down the #1 ranked gophers returning arsenal of scoring power. All that being said I hope that in 10 months we can say that INCH said it first, but for now they are just raising the expectations of gopher fans who are so hungry for another title. Hopefully the team is putting as much effort in this off season as they did last summer.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        it should be.
        minny, wisco, Michigan, MSU, OSU, PSU, BC, BU, RIT, miami, DU, UND. Everyone else tied for 13th of course.
        fyp
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Rtn2GoldCountry View Post
          I like how they hedge their pick of Minnesota by starting off with the words "Assuming Bjugstad returns for his junior season instead of going pro". It does seem a little high of a ranking for me, but this far away from the start of the season I think anyone besides the defending national champ ranked # 1 is a stretch. Also Minnesota has a goalie issue that needs to be resolved before they can start thinking national championship, but they should be a top 5 team come October when final pre-season rankings are released from the various outlets. Also I think that BC as #6 is far to low, especially when they are returning the same goalie who shut down the #1 ranked gophers returning arsenal of scoring power. All that being said I hope that in 10 months we can say that INCH said it first, but for now they are just raising the expectations of gopher fans who are so hungry for another title. Hopefully the team is putting as much effort in this off season as they did last summer.
          Yeah. I guess I'm still not sure why a team that is returning far more offense than anyone, and everyone (except for their goaltender) defensively shouldn't be in the discussion for the top ranked team going into the season.

The Gophers deserve to be in the discussion. Whether or not they get the goaltending to make a run at a title this year remains to be seen, but the Gophers should be strong on the blue line and down right scary offensively.

I guess I just don't know who you'd put at #1 instead? Who doesn't seem "too high" at #1?
          Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 06-04-2012, 01:53 PM.
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Didn't the Gophers win with Adam freakin Hauser? Goaltending doesn't matter!
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              Didn't the Gophers win with Adam freakin Hauser? Goaltending doesn't matter!
              Exactly. Not saying goaltending doesn't matter, but considering what else we should be returning, it may not matter nearly as much.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Minnesota is ranked too high.
                Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                If Bjugstad returns, they'll be returning 123 goals. That is 27 more goals than the highest from Hockey East (UML with 95). Even if Bjugstad doesn't return, the Gophers will be returning 98 goals.

And while the Gophers lose Patterson, they're returning everyone defensively, as well as adding two blue chip defensive recruits.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Minnesota should be a preseason lock at #1. One could probably make a convincing argument that a handful of teams could be in that spot. But Minnesota is certainly one of them. To say otherwise is absurd.
                Whoosh. Study up on old USCHO-isms, mnwhatever.
                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                  Whoosh. Study up on old USCHO-isms, mnwhatever.
                  Why? Say what you mean and mean what you say. I don't care to play games. It's a waste of time.

Comment

Why? Say what you mean and mean what you say. I don't care to play games. It's a waste of time.
                    Then I will say this as clearly as I can:

This is not the site for you
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

"Joe Thornton was traded?"
                      "Hockey Rast"
                      "Brom"
                      "College Hockey Video Game"
                      "!!!Roported!!!!!!"
                      And any time anybody puts out a ranking, even if Minnesota is ranked dead last:
                      Originally posted by Somebody
                      Minnesota is ranked too high.
                      It is a comment that should always be ignored. It is made in complete jest, regardless of the lack of or
                      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                        "Joe Thornton was traded?"
                        "Hockey Rast"
                        "Brom"
                        "College Hockey Video Game"
                        "!!!Roported!!!!!!"
                        And any time anybody puts out a ranking, even if Minnesota is ranked dead last:

It is a comment that should always be ignored. It is made in complete jest, regardless of the lack of or
                        Didn't know. Sorry, I don't post here often enough, have enough time to track these nuances, or care enough to keep up with them.

Thanks for the heads up though

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          UW has no proven goaltending, some good playmakers but few true goalscorers (at this level), few key upperclassmen and no Justin Smith. A team that struggled to crack the top ten of the WCHA shouldn't be considered a top ten in the country
                          No clue what Wisconsin will do without that Justin Smith kid next year. Wait, what?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                            No clue what Wisconsin will do without that Justin Smith kid next year. Wait, what?
                            Haha

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              (1) B1G
                              (2) B1G
                              (3) NCHC
                              (4) ECAC
                              (5) NCHC
                              (6) Hockey East
                              (7) ECAC
                              (8) B1G
                              (9) Hockey East
                              (10) Hockey East

Yep. Sounds about right.
                              WRONG!...try this:

WCHA
                              CCHA
                              WCHA
                              ECAC
                              CCHA
                              HE
                              ECAC
                              WCHA
                              HE
                              CCHA
                              Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Didn't know. Sorry, I don't post here often enough, have enough time to track these nuances, or care enough to keep up with them.

Thanks for the heads up though
                                Still you manage to Tweet all day long

Comment

Working...
                                X