Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.58: Admit it, those lights are making you look orange too.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.58: Admit it, those lights are making you look orange too.

Just saw the interview with Lindsey Graham on Face The Nation where he lied about this story again.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

@RyanGidurski According to @NateSilver538's 538, today is the first time that Trump has a higher overall approval rating than President Obama at the same point in their presidencies https://t.co/epabjB87Rt
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        @RyanGidurski According to @NateSilver538's 538, today is the first time that Trump has a higher overall approval rating than President Obama at the same point in their presidencies https://t.co/epabjB87Rt
        "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -- Mencken
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          I’m way more concerned with him using the courts. The SC has handed one election to the bad guys and this court could be faced with decision.
          I feel like he either quits before Nov or tries to draw out a loss in court.
          They technically could, but I doubt it. Florida is the cause of that crap and I just dont see them mattering. (the Dems can win without Florida although Trump probably cant)

If it ends up in the SC it means the Liberals stayed home again anyways which means they get what they deserve.

It was a perfect storm for Dubya and he had old school GOP operatives like Jim Baker helping as the recount went along. Trump would ever hire someone who would overshadow him like that.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I put nothing past the Nazis but I feel better about this election than past years in terms of shenanigans because Dems were completely out of power on all levels statewide in places like PA, NC, WI, MI, ME, NH, NV, etc previously. Now all of those places except for NH have Dem govs plus either a Dem legislature or Dems in key statewide offices (AG or SoS). That makes it a bit harder to pull off those sudden polling place problems in Dem neighborhoods that always seem to crop up in places like GA or OH which still are along with FL under complete GOP control. As I think Handy mentioned though, I don't see the next election coming down to either GA or OH as there's more swingy states out there than those 2.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              it means the Liberals stayed home again anyways which means they get what they deserve
              I wish you would stop repeating this debunked claim. We did not lose in 2016 because "the liberals stayed home." We lost in 2016 because we nominated the only candidate more repulsive than Dump.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                That is a rather vague mischaracterization of the numbers...and btw it is wrong.

On Day 984 Obama dropped to 42.8% approval. That is where Trump is now. Trump isnt higher they are the same. Now, even that seems troubling until you realize that is almost all on Obama taking a dip after he peaked at over 52% 4 months earlier. 3 months after that he was back over 48% and still climbing. (he would hit 53% in the next year)

Meanwhile Trump has been hovering between 39-42% since a year into his presidency. In fact, 42.8% is one of the 3 the HIGHEST approval rating he has had since March 14th, 2017 when he was at 44.8%. This is not the mark of some great upward trend or anything...look at the trend line it is always the same. (looks like the brainwaves of a man in a coma...ironic)

So while yes technically this is the first time the numbers are the same, in truth that is cause Obama's numbers crashed for a bit. The truly important factor isnt that Trump equaled Obama it is that it took one of Trump's best polling days (top 2-3 after the inauguration bubble deflated) to reach the levels of approval on Obama's worst polling day. That is how disapproved of Trump is. This is like when the Gophers beat Alabama in a bowl game years ago. Sure Alabama was a shell of what it had been (and would soon return to) and was coming off probation and playing in a mediocre bowl but you can bet the locals loved saying it cause it sounded good. If you actually analyze it though it was not a very impressive feat.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It's neither vague nor a mischaracterization. It is the exact numerical truth. It doesn't carry any interpretation except that which people put on it. A fact is a fact, full stop.

It is important for all of us to remember that the partisan numbers in this country are impervious to the events happening around us. This is a 50/50 country and it will remain one for the forseeable future. The right has become decoupled from reality. It does not matter what Dump or the BVPS did or does, they will have the same number of people behind them on Election Day.

That's the message: that politics isn't rational, it's emotional. Look at the righties here bending themselves into pretzels not to admit to us or themselves what their party is. Every one of them will vote straight ticket R on Election Day, not because they are evil or stupid, but because their political decisions are not connected to reality.

This is VERY important to remember.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I wish you would stop repeating this debunked claim. We did not lose in 2016 because "the liberals stayed home." We lost in 2016 because we nominated the only candidate more repulsive than Dump.
                    Uh huh...so where did the missing votes go?

Are you justifying their refusal to vote Dem because of the candidate or are you literally saying they went out and voted because the first is an argument you can make (I will argue against it but at least it is something you can say and not look stupid) whereas the second you cannot. The number of people who didnt vote or voted third party is what swang the election.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Uh huh...so where did the missing votes go?

Are you justifying their refusal to vote Dem because of the candidate or are you literally saying they went out and voted because the first is an argument you can make (I will argue against it but at least it is something you can say and not look stupid) whereas the second you cannot. The number of people who didnt vote or voted third party is what swang the election.
                      We have been over this a million times. You are talking complete rubbish. Maybe uno or dx has the patience to correct you this time; I don't.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        It's neither vague nor a mischaracterization. It is the exact numerical truth. It doesn't carry any interpretation except that which people put on it. A fact is a fact, full stop.

It is important for all of us to remember that the partisan numbers in this country are impervious to the events happening around us. This is a 50/50 country and it will remain one for the forseeable future. The right has become decoupled from reality. It does not matter what Dump or the BVPS did or does, they will have the same number of people behind them on Election Day.

That's the message: that politics isn't rational, it's emotional. Look at the righties here bending themselves into pretzels not to admit to us or themselves what their party is. Every one of them will vote straight ticket R on Election Day, not because they are evil or stupid, but because their political decisions are not connected to reality.

This is VERY important to remember.
                        If joe is going to post that tweet in his concern trolling manner (which was his point) then I am going to tell the truth behind the numbers. The numbers dont say what the tweet says they do and they definitely dont say what the tweet implies they do. Context is needed...you cant just throw out random numbers and leave it at that. We are smart, we are educated, and we can tell that 42.8 /> 42.8

(yes I am sure if they parse it out to a few more decimals he might be correct, but that is statistically insignificant for this argument)

And this country is NOT a 50/50 country. It is 65-35 country so lets stop dumbing everything down for the 35%.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It's a 35-35-30 country. Parts of that 30 is indistinguishable from the 35 on either side
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Swang: slang for showily steering a car side to side while driving. It can also be slang for chilling out and feeling good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Swang: slang for showily steering a car side to side while driving. It can also be slang for chilling out and feeling good.
                              In Michigan this is also known as "white line, yellow line," and is probable cause to be pulled over for DUI.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                It's a 35-35-30 country. Parts of that 30 is indistinguishable from the 35 on either side
                                Pretty much.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X