2018 Four Nations Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Four Nations Cup

As an American I hope Hockey Canada keeps doing what it's been doing but a good start to turning things around would be to actually have your country's best players (Watts and Giguere to name 2) on your National teams!!! Hockey Canada, wake up and take your best players, it's a pretty simple concept!!! Oh wait, actually keep doing exactly what you've been doing, it's working great!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydad23 View Post
      As an American I hope Hockey Canada keeps doing what it's been doing but a good start to turning things around would be to actually have your country's best players (Watts and Giguere to name 2) on your National teams!!! Hockey Canada, wake up and take your best players, it's a pretty simple concept!!! Oh wait, actually keep doing exactly what you've been doing, it's working great!
      At least Watts had her shot but it didn’t work out for her. She struggled is what I heard. As for Giguere, I have only seen her play a few times and she was impressive. Why she is being overlooked is beyond me along with a few others. It might take me a quadrennial to figure it all out.

Comment

Does anyone have some quadrennials to trade for some semirennials? I have to hit the laundromat.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydad23 View Post
          Watts couldn't do the required number of push ups expected by Team Canada. Last Team Canada win at any level? 2014 Olympics. Heck even the Canadian University girls beat the U22 team 3 times last August and they had to pay their own way to attend limiting the best players from going.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaffron View Post
            team canada women have gone from being on life support to dead. They can't win to save their lives. Cannot outshoot team USA if you put a gun to their heads. This program is dead. Not even a win in the tournament final will bring them back to life before they lose everything again. Different quadrennial, same sh*t. And Mel Davidson is still giving media interviews it seems. Who knew that getting fired meant not getting fired.

At least they let go of at least one notable player who it seems has been hanging around for far too long. Still would like to see one of the forwards who was given an A on her sweater gone, but who is anyone kidding.
            This isn't going to be easy but Team Canada needs to start at the top and choose the correct quadrumvirate to lead the program. Once that is in place they can focus on developing a quadrisect for player selection. Frankly this will require some thinking outside the quadrilateral. First of all, they need players who are quadrilingual, which is great for confusing the opponent. Then they can focus on players with more developed quadriceps. Of course then it's the obvious one, they need players who can do a quadrillion push-ups. And finally they need players who will quadruple their effort.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              This isn't going to be easy but Team Canada needs to start at the top and choose the correct quadrumvirate to lead the program. Once that is in place they can focus on developing a quadrisect for player selection. Frankly this will require some thinking outside the quadrilateral. First of all, they need players who are quadrilingual, which is great for confusing the opponent. Then they can focus on players with more developed quadriceps. Of course then it's the obvious one, they need players who can do a quadrillion push-ups. And finally they need players who will quadruple their effort.
              Dial 315-268-XXXX and ask for Matt.
              Last edited by joecct; 11-09-2018, 11:48 AM.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post
                Watts couldn't do the required number of push ups expected by Team Canada.
                Yes, it’s a good idea to have good upper body strength if you are going to deliver a cross check or a face wash. She has another three years to pass the test.

Comment

(Standing ovation.....good thing I'm not a quadruped, otherwise I couldn't execute the well deserved standing ovation)

Comment

+4
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Dial 315-268-XXXX and ask for Matt.
                      I think it would be better to ask for Mike...
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I think we should be wary that there could be an expectation of quad pro quo to be paid on the part of Team Canada.

Comment

https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2018/11...r-nations.aspx

Comment

Watts couldn't do the required number of push ups expected by Team Canada
                            OMG how stupid. I thought that the stupidity of team canada women management was at its peak when they bragged and hawed about playing 50 games against midget boys leading up to the olympics but apparently not. Maybe if they cannot get stupid out of their system they deserve bad results. This team is dead. Simply dead.

Last Team Canada win at any level? 2014 Olympics. Heck even the Canadian University girls beat the U22 team 3 times last August and they had to pay their own way to attend limiting the best players from going.
                            Embarrassing! What a failing disaster. Actually, team canada women has been living on borrowed time since 2010, arguably, and put on life support in 2013. This program is dead. They deserve to lose to China in 2022. Stick a fork in this program and the U18s as well. Both are dead.

Comment

USA leading Sweden 4-1 after two.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Watts couldn't do the required number of push ups expected by Team Canada.
                                I'll make a note of this in my required journal, but I won't put a lot of (Bab)stock in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X