X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Allergies are different though. A child could die just by breathing in the dust if they're sensitive enough. Muslim children are not going to die because the kid next to them is eating sausage.
    Yup.

Let's put it this way, if I move to France, or China, or Iran....I won't demand they bend to my tastes/beliefs/etc. I will adjust to them. I expect the same here.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

When I go to India, I'm not going to demand they remove the cashews from whatever curry they're selling just because I'm allergic.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        When I go to India, I'm not going to demand they remove the cashews from whatever curry they're selling just because I'm allergic.
        I wouldn't do that, I'd (guess what) NOT ORDER IT.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          I wouldn't do that, I'd (guess what) NOT ORDER IT.
          That said, there probably does need to be a pork-free option in some of these communities where Muslims are a growing minority. And I'm not talking about vegetable slumgullion, either.

Comment

Huh. Thought maybe it was guilt for the Shoah. Would have been a better reason. Still very stupid, but better.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

That said, there probably does need to be a pork-free option in some of these communities where Muslims are a growing minority. And I'm not talking about vegetable slumgullion, either.
              Options are fine and dandy. But to ban it all? Naw, that's BS.

Comment

Were they really serving pork that often that there needs to be any sort of big deal made out of this either way. Seems a lot of people are whining about it for no reason. (whether they agree with the ban or not)

In all my years in school I can probably count on both hands how often I had pork. If they hadnt announced it would anyone have even noticed?
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Were they really serving pork that often that there needs to be any sort of big deal made out of this either way. Seems a lot of people are whining about it for no reason. (whether they agree with the ban or not)

In all my years in school I can probably count on both hands how often I had pork. If they hadnt announced it would anyone have even noticed?
                  That's kinda the point. Muslims came in, "NO PORK!!!!!!!!!!!!"
                  "Well, ok, can't offend anyone, guess we can't serve pork anymore."
                  "WHAT? NO PORK?! BOMB IT ALL!"

It's sad. Honestly, really sad." All the kowtowing and over-reaction.....

Comment

Pork is served a lot in Germany, though I’m not an expert on kindergarten menus

Comment

I know it’s not the joke you’re trying to make, but German pork dishes are on par with American pork dishes. There was something absolutely divine about Die Post’s schweineschnitzel in Herrsching-Ammersee. I think I had it for something like three nights during the first two weeks I spent there in 2017. I also had some roast pork at the abbey (?) a little ways away. Sehr gut.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        but German pork dishes are on par with American pork dishes
                        Umm...I think you mean aren't on par, because German pork destroys American pork of any cut. Most American pork has had all the fat bred out of it - the crap you buy from the meat bathtub at Kroger, Cub Foods, King Soopers, Fred Meyer, Safeway, etc. is dry and bad. Even the tenderloin is lean and is only tender because it's tenderloin.

Comment

I know I'm going to get criticized for this, but whatever.

Can I ask, why should these schools have to do this? Is it wrong or impossible for them to offer another protein option that would also cover the Muslim kids? Or is the concern that doing so would alienate them from the non-Muslim kids?

I honestly can't think of another country in Europe with a bigger love affair with pork (maybe Austria or Poland). Eliminating it entirely from a public school because of one religious group seems like overkill.

That said, the AfD and the Neo-Nazis can go to hell for threatening violence over it.
                          I had the same exact thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Pork is served a lot in Germany, though I’m not an expert on kindergarten menus
                            I know a guy...

Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Umm...I think you mean aren't on par, because German pork destroys American pork of any cut. Most American pork has had all the fat bred out of it - the crap you buy from the meat bathtub at Kroger, Cub Foods, King Soopers, Fred Meyer, Safeway, etc. is dry and bad. Even the tenderloin is lean and is only tender because it's tenderloin.
                              Yeah, but I was thinking along the lines of what we do with BBQ. That’s an elevation of pork in a different and incredible way.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                German kindergartens say they’ll remove pork from menus. Right wingers threaten to bomb the buildings

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...cenewsfacebook
                                Germany without pork is no longer Germany
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X