LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Is Gelsinger injured? He wasn't in tonight's lineup.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      Is Gelsinger injured? He wasn't in tonight's lineup.
      I heard he got hurt in practice. Damon will probably talk about it on the Laker Hockey Show.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        I thought the game was closer than the final score indicates. Kind of sloppy for both teams in the 1st period. Once the Lakers got a 2 goal lead, I thought they played quite a bit sharper the rest of the way.
        I’m not sure. Besides the empty netter, 5-2 was pretty much the game I saw. I agree that the Lakers started a little slow but really took it to another level later. I was encouraged by that.

Comment

Looks like Johnston in for Mucha is the only change in the lineup for today’s game.
          Last edited by Bill; 10-06-2019, 03:57 PM.

Comment

The Lakers didn’t look as sharp today but good job killing the major penalty and will never complain about a sweep.

Now thinking about next weekend with Denver. I wonder if they’ll be tired on Friday night with the quick turn around playing up in Alaska tonight. Lots of distance and time changes for them before they get to the Soo. Surprised DU scheduled like that.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
              The Lakers didn’t look as sharp today but good job killing the major penalty and will never complain about a sweep.

Now thinking about next weekend with Denver. I wonder if they’ll be tired on Friday night with the quick turn around playing up in Alaska tonight. Lots of distance and time changes for them before they get to the Soo. Surprised DU scheduled like that.
              It wasn't pretty but it was a win. I thought the puck handling was pretty sloppy, both offensively and defensively. A lot of passes to guys not looking, drop passes to guys not there, and just plain old mishandling of the puck. Merrimack had more jump than last night and that made things tougher for us also.

I saw Gelsinger watching with some of the other guys not in the lineup this evening. It looked like he had some type of cast on his lower leg and I think he had crutches with him.

Comment

I think Denver flies to both places, so travel should not be much of an issue for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

I saw Gelsinger watching with some of the other guys not in the lineup this evening. It looked like he had some type of cast on his lower leg and I think he had crutches with him.
                  If that's ths case, probably won't play at all this season. Definitely a big blow and sucks if Gelsinger won't play a single game in his senior year.

Nice to see the Lakers sweep but need to play better next weekend. If they don't, it's a safe bet Denver will sweep us.
                  Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 10-06-2019, 11:05 PM.
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                    I think Denver flies to both places, so travel should not be much of an issue for them.
                    I figured they would fly, but typically games are on Saturday nights not Sunday nights. Anyone know their itinerary? I assume they got back to Colorado early this morning and then arrive in Michigan on Thursday. If so, I think that's a short turnaround to be in the Alaskan, Rocky Mountain, and Eastern time zones in a span of 3 and a half days or so. I hope LSSU takes advantage of that Friday night.

Comment

I know there were some people traveling, so here are some highlights from the Merrimack series.

Game 1
                      https://www.flohockey.tv/video/65724...tate-mens-wcha

Game 2
                      https://www.flohockey.tv/events/6553...72413&limit=60

Comment

I know there were some people traveling, so here are some highlights from the Merrimack series.

Game 1
                        https://www.flohockey.tv/video/65724...tate-mens-wcha

Game 2
                        https://www.flohockey.tv/events/6553...72413&limit=60
                        Yes to the traveling. We made a side trip on the way home from the Soo and just got back a short while ago. Missed almost all of the Laker Hockey Show, except for part of the ending interview with Ian Johnston, so I'll have to catch the podcast when it's up. Thanks for the links.

Comment

The Friday, October 25th game against Notre Dame got picked up nationally by NBC Sports Network. It sounds like they are doing a segment on Jeff Jackson's tenure at LSSU. I look forward to seeing that. The Saturday game will be on NBC Sports Chicago and other associated affiliates. Kind of bummed there because I don't think I'll get that game in my area, and it probably won't be on the FloHockey package then either. I assumed I'd get them all with ND being in the Big Ten and Flo picking up many Big Ten games, but I forgot ND and NBC have their thing. Oh well, but good for any Laker fans in Chicago I suppose.

Link: https://lssulakers.com/sports/m-hock...20191007pc7xg4
                          Last edited by lakersparty; 10-09-2019, 11:27 AM.

Comment

DU should be fine with travel per their posters. They didn't go back to Denver and went to Detroit, practicing at the Red Wings facility. Will be tough, but hopefully the energy from Great Lake State Weekend will help.

Comment

Denver was relentless in the 2nd period tonight. They just kept coming and the Lakers could only weather the storm for so long.

Comment

Denver was relentless in the 2nd period tonight. They just kept coming and the Lakers could only weather the storm for so long.
                                I’m just one person of course, but I felt the Lakers were in the game all night. They were matching Denver that entire 2nd period except for the one rush they left the slot pass open which lead to a backdoor goal. Same thing early in the 3rd. The 3rd goal for DU was just a product of the Lakers trying to cheat up to generate a chance.

That was a great game to watch even though we didn’t win.

Comment

Working...
                                X