Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2017-2018: pour another Schott

Just shy of 19K in attendance for the two games. Hats off to Mason Jobst for the short handed goal and then a ton of blocked shots on Michigan's 5 on 3. That was when the crowd really got into things. It was the loudest I've heard in the Schott in a long time.

With the other results from the weekend they are now six points clear of third place Wisconsin and have two games in hand on them.

A very, very good weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
      Hats off to Mason Jobst for the short handed goal and then a ton of blocked shots on Michigan's 5 on 3.
      Haven't seen anything like that since JB Bittner!

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
        Just shy of 19K in attendance for the two games. Hats off to Mason Jobst for the short handed goal and then a ton of blocked shots on Michigan's 5 on 3.
        I lost count on how many he took for the team that shift. I think 4, maybe 5? I bet he had first dibs on the ice bath tub after the game!

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
          OK, I'll bite. When was the first, and who were the Buckeye players at the time? No doubt I was born, but I don't remember this.
          It was the 1985-86 season and the scores were 4-2, 6-5, 6-4, and 8-6!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            I lost count on how many he took for the team that shift. I think 4, maybe 5? I bet he had first dibs on the ice bath tub after the game!
            At the post game presser, reporter Craig Merz actually asked him: "Is there any part of you that isn't sore?"

It was the 1985-86 season and the scores were 4-2, 6-5, 6-4, and 8-6!
            Very cool; thanks for digging out the specifics.

Comment

Speculation is that Moser will be back this weekend and hopefully Joyaux as well.

Comment

Really don't like that we were outshot, but if we come out firing again tomorrow we should be ok.
                Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Horrible 2nd period and bad puck handling & passing in the neutral zone. Make mistakes like that tomorrow and it could be costly.

Comment

Horrible 2nd period and bad puck handling & passing in the neutral zone. Make mistakes like that tomorrow and it could be costly.
                    Agreed. I don't know if they took their foot off the gas in the second period or if it was just a sloppy night, but they shouldn't be getting outplayed by a team like that for long stretches. Joshua looked good, and Myer had a couple of nice spin moves that were fun to watch, so it was entertaining at least.

Comment

Yeah, we basically gave them that first goal. No excuse for it and allowing Sparty to control and cycle the puck for such extended time in your zone and it keeps your guys on the ice & tired and then nothing good comes from it.
                      I thought in that 2nd period we made absolutely no effort to beat them to the puck or out hustle them. You should never take your foot off the gas just because you have a lead.

Comment

Well at least the women could brighten our day, because that was start to finish awful.

Comment

Not the weekend of hockey we wanted to see but i am glad they played like this now and not later. Perfect coaching tool for the staff because they are going to see Michigan state again in a few weeks most likely.

Comment

We were sloppy Friday and lucked out the win. We played the same Saturday and Sparty had adjusted and wanted it more.
                            We did not play as a team, terrible passing and way too much dump & chase with us being slow and not getting to the puck when we did. I was totally confused on our one PP when we seemed to line change one man at a time and turned the puck over to two Spartans right in front of out net for a shorty on a silver platter.
                            If we played with the energy late in the 3rd all game long it most likely would have had a different outcome.
                            I hope it sticks in their guts so they'll play like they're capable of next weekend. A performance like last night and we'd get slaughtered at ND.
                            At least we only dropped one in the Pairwise and that's the only good thing I can say about this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                              Well at least the women could brighten our day, because that was start to finish awful.
                              The OSU Women are on a mission. The OSU Men had been playing some good hockey themselves until this weekend. As Klbaum1077 has said, better to get that out of their system now than to lose in the BIG Ten Tournament when we likely see them again in the 2 vs 7 matchup. As for the OSU Women, they were just amazing ... scores of 1-0 and 3-1 over #1 Wisconsin. I think the future is bright for both of our hockey programs!
                              Last edited by osualum86; 02-06-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Hope the team got there yesterday ahead of all the snow. It's going to get hammered there through Saturday!

Comment

Working...
                                X