• Show
Clear All

• Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    The Great Outdoors. (it is now)
    Continental Divide
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      A young 20 something colleague is heading to new Hampshire for the weekend, so I told him about how I made sure to spend a weekend at lake winnepasaukee. His face showed no recognition. He’s never seen what about bob. Tragic
      Is he spending the weekend at the package store on the interstate?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Avengers: Endgame is about $45 million away from passing Avatar to become #1 all-time. To help facilitate that the movie will be re-released (even though it's still in theaters) next weekend with six minutes of additional scenes. It isn't a director's cut since the new scenes will play after the credits.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          Avengers: Endgame is about $45 million away from passing Avatar to become #1 all-time. To help facilitate that the movie will be re-released (even though it's still in theaters) next weekend with six minutes of additional scenes. It isn't a director's cut since the new scenes will play after the credits.
          https://comb.io/RHnRVl
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
            Basically... It's a small price to pay for the headlines of being #1... That's all Diz-nee wants at this point...
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              Basically... It's a small price to pay for the headlines of being #1... That's all Diz-nee wants at this point...
              But not by too much. Disney will want Avatar to go back in front when Avatar is re-released next December.

Comment

Disney represents everything that is wrong with media these days.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6fJ7...LlXa/giphy.gif

Heard how bad it was, had to see it for myself. I don't know....I mean....what the....wow. It's not Road House bad. It's Manos: Hands Of Fate bad. But I couldn't stop watching, and oddly enough, I'm glad to have seen the whole putrid thing. It's a weird feeling.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Toy Story 4 is sold out here (167 seats). I am literally the only single adult in the room. Everyone else is either a parent or a child.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      Toy Story 4 is sold out here (167 seats). I am literally the only single adult in the room. Everyone else is either a parent or a child.
                      Stranger Danger!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Stranger Danger!
                        "I swear I'm not a pervert, I just love Pixar movies."

It was fantastic. I thought 3 was a great ending but this was a worthy successor. And when the movie faded to black I thought this was a good finale, but between the end of the movie and when the credits roll there are a few clips and damm if I'm not interested in that for Toy Story 5. No idea if that's the plan but if they do it right I'm down for it. Or it can just be a few gags. Either way.

And yes, this movie pulls on the heartstrings a few times. Nothing as devastating as the opening montage of Up or Bing Bong fading away, but there are moments. It's what Pixar does.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6fJ7...LlXa/giphy.gif

Heard how bad it was, had to see it for myself. I don't know....I mean....what the....wow. It's not Road House bad. It's Manos: Hands Of Fate bad. But I couldn't stop watching, and oddly enough, I'm glad to have seen the whole putrid thing. It's a weird feeling.
                          God bless Russ Meyer.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

By the time he is 30 Lucas Hedges will have multiple Oscars or he will have disappeared completely.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              God bless Russ Meyer.
                              I honestly thought they put the explanation of each character at the end, only to try and save the audience from gouging their eyes out. As in, "ohhhhhhhhhh THIS is what they were doing, I get it now!" Yeah, didn't work. We got it, but you failed on the execution.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                By the time he is 30 Lucas Hedges will have multiple Oscars or he will have disappeared completely.
                                Poet mother, director father, arts school, child actor, plays troubled teens, obsessed with own sexuality, inspires quotes like the above. His 27 year is 2023.

Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X