X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Yes. You do have to listen to them. Just like we have to listen to your whining just because you said something in massively poor taste.
    He's a comedian. He's expected to say something in poor taste.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      He's a comedian. He's expected to say something funny in poor taste.
      You (and he) kind of forgot the most important part...

Comment

He's a comedian. He's expected to say something in poor taste.
        What was the rest of the setup? 1) Was there an overall theme, and 2) Did it help nail another line in the bit? I ask because that is a horrible joke if it has to stand on its own merits. It's no Carlin-abortion joke!
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
          Listen to the recording. It got a lot of laughs, and honestly I thought it was kind of funny.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            What was the rest of the setup? 1) Was there an overall theme, and 2) Did it help nail another line in the bit? I ask because that is a horrible joke if it has to stand on its own merits. It's no Carlin-abortion joke!
            The clip that I heard wasn't real long. It begins with him making fun of kids dressing in suits and testifying before Congress, when they're just kids.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              Taste in humor is like taste in clothes. Not everyone's can be as good as mine.

Frankly, if an asteroid fell on the set of SNL you wouldn't see me shed any tears. But if it doesn't, I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about it.

Comment

Listen to the recording. It got a lot of laughs, and honestly I thought it was kind of funny.
                Ooooh he made a fat joke and people laughed, revolutionary.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  This. There's a David Cross bit out there about Catholic priests/abused kids where if you took a certain sentence or two out of context....wow. It's still a bit that is one of the most offensive (and IMO hilarious) bits I've ever heard, but context is so key (and yes, it still has to be funny, which differs from person to person).
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Louis C.K. still has a career?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Louis ck weighs in on Parkland survivors.

“You’re not interesting. Because you went to a high school where kids got shot? Why does that mean I have to listen to you? Why does that make you interesting? You didn’t get shot. You pushed some fat kid in the way, and now I’ve got to listen to you talking?”

No, I don't want to watch you whack it.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        My first immediate thought...
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Probably trying to become a "conservative comedian" since all his harassment charges cratered everyone else giving him a look.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I love most of Louis C. K.'s work. I have no problem with him making a Parkland joke -- that's exactly the sort of thing a great comic could make into a great joke. But the recent routine which included that joke was just lousy and unfunny. He may have lost a step permanently (I hope not) or he may just be in terrible shape to write good material because of the mess he made in the rest of his life.

I think he's an excellent comic, though. His best is among the best of anybody except for Carlin and Pryor. He's solidly in that second tier with Dangerfield, Burnett, Rickles, Hicks, Silverman, Foxx, Chappelle, and Woody)
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I love most of Louis C. K.'s work. I have no problem with him making a Parkland joke -- that's exactly the sort of thing a great comic could make into a great joke. But the recent routine which included that joke was just lousy and unfunny. He may have lost a step permanently (I hope not) or he may just be in terrible shape to write good material because of the mess he made in the rest of his life.

I think he's an excellent comic, though. His best is among the best of anybody except for Carlin and Pryor. He's solidly in that second tier with Dangerfield, Burnett, Rickles, Hicks, Silverman, Foxx, Chappelle, and Woody)
                              I will forever love his, "White people have it great", "Suck a bag of dicks" and, "Of course, but maybe" bits among others. Though not sure anything tops Ricky Gervais' AIDS flyer routine.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                I will forever love his, "White people have it great", "Suck a bag of dicks" and, "Of course, but maybe" bits among others. Though not sure anything tops Ricky Gervais' AIDS flyer routine.
                                "You're in a chair in the sky" is one of those routines that captures the ethos of an entire period. I want that in a time capsule for the Trisolarians to find:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/1myllo...acle-of-flight

FF to between 40-60 seconds because ads can eat a dick.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 01-05-2019, 08:13 AM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X