Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

It’s also going to be difficult to call without a cell signal
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

traffic. every day. DO NOT TRY TO ILLEGALLY TURN INTO MY LANE AND THEN HONK AT ME FOR BEING THERE, ASSHAT

Comment

Sprint overnighted a new SIM card and it worked for a few hours. Just lost service again.

I’m guessing I will be getting a new phone. Ugh. What a pain. Hopefully I don’t get upgraddd to an 8. I like my Touch ID.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
          traffic. every day. DO NOT TRY TO ILLEGALLY TURN INTO MY LANE AND THEN HONK AT ME FOR BEING THERE, ASSHAT
          I had this happen a couple weeks ago. Double left turn lane. Other driver in the right side left-hand turn lane. During the turn driver cuts over TWO lanes to the next road's left-hand turn lane. I had to slam on my brakes. That abrupt of a turn lane.

Go figure: suburban mom-type in a luxury SUV on her phone. I couldn't make it up if I tried.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Sprint overnighted a new SIM card and it worked for a few hours. Just lost service again.

I’m guessing I will be getting a new phone. Ugh. What a pain. Hopefully I don’t get upgraddd to an 8. I like my Touch ID.
            Augh. Turns out I have to call a separate IT line for mobile replacement. I just saw this email now. Great. Missed an entire day for shipping. I’m hoping they’ll overnight it.
            Code:

Comment

So I'm on the phone with Sprint trying to diagnose my phone issues. They keep trying to reset from their end but they don't seem to understand MY PHONE ISN'T EVEN CONNECTING TO YOUR GDed NETWORK!
              It will not connect with wifi off. It will not connect when I reboot. It will not connect when I replace the SIM. It doesn't connect at all.

It doesn't matter what you do on your end when my phone doesn't even know your network exists.
              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                So I'm on the phone with Sprint trying to diagnose my phone issues. They keep trying to reset from their end but they don't seem to understand MY PHONE ISN'T EVEN CONNECTING TO YOUR GDed NETWORK!
                It will not connect with wifi off. It will not connect when I reboot. It will not connect when I replace the SIM. It doesn't connect at all.

It doesn't matter what you do on your end when my phone doesn't even know your network exists.
                Why not go to a Sprint store? I always get better results when I visit my local carrier here rather calling their help desk.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Why not go to a Sprint store? I always get better results when I visit my local carrier here rather calling their help desk.
                  We have to go through our company's warranty line. :-/

ETA: And now I've missed the lunch window in the cafeteria.
                  Last edited by dxmnkd316; 04-09-2018, 12:59 PM.
                  Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    We have to go through our company's warranty line. :-/

ETA: And now I've missed the lunch window in the cafeteria.
                    Apparently you weren’t hungry anyway.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      Apparently you weren’t hungry anyway.
                      SOrry, the time stamp doesn't represent the fact that I was on the phone call for over an hour.
                      Code:

Comment

Was initially eligible for a promotion in January and was told the paperwork got turned in around the time I was eligible. Nothing hit that paycheck, fine whatever, it takes time. Nothing hits the next pay check, I start getting irked. Am told the state agency that acts as HR for the entire executive branch reviewed it and believed my position should be covered by the union contract, which would get me about $2,000/yr extra, but it'll take more time. Fine, short term pain for long term gain. Ok.

Next paycheck, nothing. Management is silent. I start complaining more loudly. About 10 days later I get told the state HR agency has 60 days to approve my reclassification. Gee, that would've been nice to know a month earlier. Also, maybe you should've gotten my paperwork turned in earlier so it'd be ready when I was eligible? Nah.

Finally get the promotion last week, on basically the 60th day. Get my first check this week, and it's the non-union pay scale.

Yeah, you better believe I'll be raising hell about that tomorrow. Once I get back from the interview I have for a different job.

Comment

Lol. Sometimes employers are so dumb.

Good luck with your interview.
                          Code:

Comment

My employer sent a company wide memo that we are to update our email signature line with the new corporate "slogan" for the year. This year it's "The Greatest D*** Employees In The Industry!"

I can't in good faith amend my email to send that phrase to our clients on *every* email I send to them.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              My employer sent a company wide memo that we are to update our email signature line with the new corporate "slogan" for the year. This year it's "The Greatest D*** Employees In The Industry!"

I can't in good faith amend my email to send that phrase to our clients on *every* email I send to them.
                              For a while my internal sig at work was:

We do what me must
                              Because we can.
                              For the good of all of us,
                              Except the ones who are dead.
                              My boss asked me very nicely to maybe change it to something else, so now it's some heartwarming MLK sh-t.

Last edited by Kepler; 04-11-2018, 12:59 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

My employer, thankfully, hasn't required some rah-rah signature. Ours simply requires a specific font, size, and color, and then specific disclaimer text. It's long, but it's not obnoxious, thanks to the relatively small font. Just barely larger than legal disclaimer fonts in TV ads.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X