Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who will be the NC$$ Champ?

Originally posted by vicb View Post
    Giguere's goal was #1 on the ESPN Sportscenter Top 10 plays. A nice advertisement for Women's College Hockey.
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22825585
    Golden Knights Roundtable

Comment

I could watch that all day! Dynasty!!!

Comment

Some records set or tied by Clarkson's 2018 NC$$ Champions:

Since the NC$$ Tournament went to 8 teams in 2005

Fewest Goals Scored in 3 games by the Champion: 5
        Old Record 2006 Wisconsin: 6

Winning Margin in 3 games by the Champion: GF5 - GA2 =3
        Tied with 2010 Minn Duluth GF8 GA5

Frozen 4 Records including 2001 thru 2004

Fewest Goals Scored in the Frozen 4 by the Champion: 3
        Old Record 2006 Wisconsin: 4

Winning Margin in Frozen 4 By the Champion: GF3-GA1=2
        Tied with 2002 and 2010 Minn Duluth GF6-GA4
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

The Clarkson bookstore did not have much faith in Colgate.

https://m.bkstr.com/ProductDisplay?u...storeId=165404
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            The Clarkson bookstore did not have much faith in Colgate.

https://m.bkstr.com/ProductDisplay?u...storeId=165404
            Ha ouch
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
              . . .
              A few of you "Eastern fans" are so tightly wrapped and so bloody defensive that anything but glowing praise all the time for your Eastern teams meets with your irrational fact free wrath. I was expressing my objective opinion of what I saw but you took that and blew it all out of proportion. I'm now a sanctimonious condescending WCHA fan when nothing could be further from the truth. Look in the mirror to see who is sitting perched up on their high horse.

Fortunately, the majority of Eastern fans compensate for the few that always seem so bent on confrontation on this board.

And to help you get a few more facts straight I will tell you that "my" team was sitting at home, as you so accurately pointed out, because that's exactly where they deserved to be. I am no less objective about "my beloved team" than I am about yours. If you've read any of my posts over the years you would probably know that and you could have saved yourself this embarrassment. I guess you also missed my post two days ago after Gabel's winning OT goal vs OSU about her holding a clinic for "my beloved team" to show them how it's really done. But why would you want to let facts get in the way of your ridiculous insulting rant? . . .
              that part bears repeating

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                Sincere congratulations to vicb, joecct & FireKnight. And if I've missed any Clarkson posters, congratulations to you as well.

Obviously I'm sorry OSU fell just short on Friday. But you guys are part of a great program -- truly a Champion that all of college hockey can be proud of.

Well done, Clarkson!
                Don't congratulate us, congratulate the girls. For that matter, congratulate all 80 or so of the ladies that competed this weekend. They all showed us what sports should be about, no individualism, no holding out for contracts, no other b.s. Just 80 girls giving it their all on the ice and we were lucky enough to be witnesses. There isn't one lady on any of these 4 teams that shouldn't hold her head high. I'd watch these women and the olympians play every day over the spoiled millionaires in pro sports.
                Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                  Don't congratulate us, congratulate the girls. For that matter, congratulate all 80 or so of the ladies that competed this weekend. They all showed us what sports should be about, no individualism, no holding out for contracts, no other b.s. Just 80 girls giving it their all on the ice and we were lucky enough to be witnesses. There isn't one lady on any of these 4 teams that shouldn't hold her head high. I'd watch these women and the olympians play every day over the spoiled millionaires in pro sports.
                  Fair response; and of course you're correct. The show is on the ice, and there were 80+ Stars in this weekend's show.

In contrast, what we do here on the board doesn't even qualify as a sideshow. And yet, it's a lot of fun for those of us who participate. All three of you make positive contributions and make USCHO a better place. If you can't accept congratulations, at least accept a quick thanks.

Comment

Fair response; and of course you're correct. The show is on the ice, and there were 80+ Stars in this weekend's show.

In contrast, what we do here on the board doesn't even qualify as a sideshow. And yet, it's a lot of fun for those of us who participate. All three of you make positive contributions and make USCHO a better place. If you can't accept congratulations, at least accept a quick thanks.
                    I will gladly take the congrats and a congrats back to you and your team.

I must say that this board sometimes can be a LOL side show. Other times people get too serious.

I started following Women's hockey some 15 years ago when Clarkson started its womens program as a Div I Sport. I have been a mens supporter since 1972. On the womens side it has been one great ride for every year of this program.

My signature is now updated and I look forward to another fascinating 15 years, win or lose I will enjoy the ride.
                    Last edited by vicb; 03-19-2018, 11:05 PM.
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I will gladly take the congrats and a congrats back to you and your team.
                      OK, now we're getting somewhere!

I must say that this board sometimes can be a LOL side show. Other times people get too serious.
                      In the good times, it's a true hot stove league: Helpful info, interesting opinions, celebrations, commiseration. In the bad times... well, it's the internet.

I started following Women's hockey some 15 years ago when Clarkson started its womens program as a Div I Sport. I have been a mens supporter since 1972. On the womens side it has been one great ride for every year of this program.

My signature is now updated and I look forward to another fascinating 15 years, win or lose I will enjoy the ride.
                      I also started at the beginning for our Women's D-1 program. In our case, the first year was 1999-2000. On the OSU Men's Hockey side, I can claim a Home Game as early as 1987.

Comment

I also started at the beginning for our Women's D-1 program. In our case, the first year was 1999-2000. On the OSU Men's Hockey side, I can claim a Home Game as early as 1987.
                        The first Gopher hockey game I attended would have been sometime in the 59-60 season when my older brother was a freshman at the U of M. I remember seeing the big kid Oscar Mahle from the Falls play then. My older cousin told me recently that when he played in high school at Harding in the 50's the Falls came down and scrimmaged them. The Falls won something like 10 to 0 and he said there wasn't a player on Harding's team that wanted to get in front of one of Mahle's slap shots.
                        Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-20-2018, 12:00 AM. Reason: The Zumwinkle of the 50's?
                        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

I have been a mens supporter since 1972.
                          If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter! Sorry, one of my favorite movie quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
                            If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter! Sorry, one of my favorite movie quotes.
                            LOL. Good one. I am not now or have I ever been an athlete. Love to play all the major sports growing up for fun with my friends. When I went to Clarkson, it was the first time I ever ice skated and after those years it was the last time.
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

...When I went to Clarkson, it was the first time I ever ice skated and after those years it was the last time.
                              Since we're suddenly in the off-season for Women's Hockey, how about a story or two from your days on campus? I've been to Potsdam once, but I'll but many on the board have never made it.

You could tell us what the rink is like, your favorite game, best place for a post-game pizza or beverage, and so on. With the 2018 title, Clarkson has a moment in the limelight. Educate & Entertain Us!

To get the puck moving, I've got a Clarkson memory from a couple of decades ago. The Clarkson Men's Hockey team played a series here in Columbus. The best of the Golden Knights was a player by the name of Todd White. Had a chance to briefly chat with Todd after one of the games. Great player, even better person. I've had a positive impression of Clarkson ever since.

Dishing the puck off to vicb...

Comment

Vic and I share something in common -- we were present for the only season (73-74) that Clarkson missed the ECAC playoffs.

All my games took place in Walker (Clarkson) Arena. A bandbox. 185x80. 4 or 5 rows on the sides and high end zones. Faculty had one end (Section 1), and the students had the other (Section 8). The building was loud.

Notable games- Freshman year v Harvard. Ron Dorgan broke Dan Bolduc's leg. Bolduc got his revenge the following year with a hat trick against us in the ECAC QF. Was an ugly game. bottles got thrown on the ice.

My favorite game(s). Junior year (75-76), CCT v SLU. Had a brawl or two and Dave Taylor ended it all in OT.

Senior year. CCT v UNH. Battle for #1 in the nation. We won 8-6. What a night.

I had a horrible stutter in HS & college. One night the hockey player who was supposed to be the scorekeeper & announcer didn't show up and for some reason known only to God and Joe Bushy, rink director John Sertwatka asked me to do it. I did and stopped the horrible stutter. Occasionally I'd clutch (particularly on "h" words), but it disappeared.

I ended up doing PA for the JV and fledgling women's club team (Frazier's Blazers). That was my intro to CCT women's hockey.

When we started the women's varsity team I was concerned that the level of support for the men's team would go down as we have finite $$s available and where was the level of support to make the women's team viable would have to come from somewhere.

Happily, I was very wrong.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X