The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

So, I just got off the phone with my aunt. Talk about 60 to 0 in less than 20 minutes. It was good talking to her, but sad that within x-amount of time she was exhausted from talking. I am just assuming that this will be the last time that I will ever speak to her.
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
      So, I just got off the phone with my aunt. Talk about 60 to 0 in less than 20 minutes. It was good talking to her, but sad that within x-amount of time she was exhausted from talking. I am just assuming that this will be the last time that I will ever speak to her.
      That is tough. Thinking of you!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post

In terms of work, I've updated my resume, started writing a cover letter, and started applying elsewhere. I checked the schedule for the week after next and found I was only scheduled for 10.5 hours. That's not very stable.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I just had a phone interview with Wesco, one of the convenience store/gas station chains in West Michigan for a sales associate position. Now they want to interview me face-to-face today at 2:30.

It sounds like the pay would be $8.50/hour, but the hours scheduled would be more consistent.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            I just had a phone interview with Wesco, one of the convenience store/gas station chains in West Michigan for a sales associate position. Now they want to interview me face-to-face today at 2:30.

It sounds like the pay would be $8.50/hour, but the hours scheduled would be more consistent.
            If the hourly pay is better at your current position, would keeping your current position and picking up something else part time to supplement be a possibility?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              If the hourly pay is better at your current position, would keeping your current position and picking up something else part time to supplement be a possibility?
              Possibly. At least with the Wesco job, I know what the hours would be, those being second shift. (2/3 PM to 10/11 PM).

However, I'm also applying to full time positions, such as banks and sales, in an effort to find an "adult" job.

Comment

Major flooding occurring in my hometown. We had a 100 year flood back in 2003 (flood stage of river is 17 feet, crested at 27 that year). We are approaching that again with more rain to come. The neighborhood I grew up in, and where my parents still live is essentially an island now. Water is again entering my parents basement (via sewer backup). After the last flood several homes were demolished and left as green space due to being in flood prone areas.

Here is a news story from a local station. The neighborhood they are standing in front of and talking about is where my parents live. http://wane.com/2015/06/18/flooding-...ns-in-decatur/

Good thoughts, prayers, what not for those affected by this. I am unfortunately living in Idaho right now and can't make it back to help.

Comment

prayers for all involved. You too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                    Major flooding occurring in my hometown. We had a 100 year flood back in 2003 (flood stage of river is 17 feet, crested at 27 that year). We are approaching that again with more rain to come. The neighborhood I grew up in, and where my parents still live is essentially an island now. Water is again entering my parents basement (via sewer backup). After the last flood several homes were demolished and left as green space due to being in flood prone areas.

Here is a news story from a local station. The neighborhood they are standing in front of and talking about is where my parents live. http://wane.com/2015/06/18/flooding-...ns-in-decatur/

Good thoughts, prayers, what not for those affected by this. I am unfortunately living in Idaho right now and can't make it back to help.
                    At the moment it sounds like the river crested and may have actually dropped. My family was smart and started getting things out of the basement and protecting stuff before any water started coming in. My brother already had sandbags ready to keep water contained to one room and they managed to do so for the most part (about an inch or so escaped but they got it cleaned up and adjusted sandbags and got the leak stopped). Mom says they got some more rain today but it's been light. More forecast for this weekend but hopeful that it won't cause a further rise in the river.

Edit: in the link below there is an aerial photo of my hometown. The neighborhood at the bottom there surrounded by water is mine. Our house is actually in the middle. People on the top of the neighborhood (top in the picture) have to put sandbags behind their homes to prevent water from coming in through basement doors and what not.

http://wane.com/2015/06/19/adams-wab...r-emergencies/
                    Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 06-19-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                      At the moment it sounds like the river crested and may have actually dropped. My family was smart and started getting things out of the basement and protecting stuff before any water started coming in. My brother already had sandbags ready to keep water contained to one room and they managed to do so for the most part (about an inch or so escaped but they got it cleaned up and adjusted sandbags and got the leak stopped). Mom says they got some more rain today but it's been light. More forecast for this weekend but hopeful that it won't cause a further rise in the river.

Edit: in the link below there is an aerial photo of my hometown. The neighborhood at the bottom there surrounded by water is mine. Our house is actually in the middle. People on the top of the neighborhood (top in the picture) have to put sandbags behind their homes to prevent water from coming in through basement doors and what not.

http://wane.com/2015/06/19/adams-wab...r-emergencies/
                      Yikes! hoping they stay dry! (well as dry as possible)

Comment

There are signs that WalMart Corporate's tight grip on the payroll budget might be eased soon. Yesterday, the lead checkout super told me I was getting more hours and gave me a rewritten schedule. That's good, because for the past month or so, I've been averaging 17 hours a week.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          There are signs that WalMart Corporate's tight grip on the payroll budget might be eased soon. Yesterday, the lead checkout super told me I was getting more hours and gave me a rewritten schedule. That's good, because for the past month or so, I've been averaging 17 hours a week.
                          Glad to hear the good news!
                          Originally posted by Priceless
                          Good to see you're so reasonable.
                          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                          Very well, said.
                          Originally posted by Rover
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                            Glad to hear the good news!
                            I also need to educate my supervisors about my mental illnesses... it's not like I wake up and intend to bite someone's head off when I come into work.

Comment

One of my son's teammates on UML Track & Field team, Oluwatoni Onikeku (Toni), drowned this past week. Awful circumstances. Everyone is devastated. The les family included. Would appreciate prayers and good vibes for the family and for the team. Can't believe this happened. He was so young Heartwarming and heartbreaking to read the comments on the go-fund-me page.
                              http://www.gofundme.com/tonionikeku

Comment

So sorry to hear that! Prayers on the way!
                                Originally posted by Priceless
                                Good to see you're so reasonable.
                                Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                                Very well, said.
                                Originally posted by Rover
                                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X