No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2017-18 (Part III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2017-18 (Part III)

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Bendorf was not at Steel camp. High praise for Fontaine’s play by the person who was there............"Right from puck drop between Black vs Red the intensity and hitting were there. First thing I noticed was 15 red took a nice short smart shift. Yo Turk, 2nd thing I noticed was 11 Red. This was 00 Gunnarwolfe Fontaine, 2018 11th rd Phase II (gotta love that hockey name). Listed at 5ft 10 in 170 I thought he was thinner as he was wirey strong, played with an edge that's how I noticed him. Didn't take long to see he's got some skill and skating too. Gritty, skilled, play maker, good skater, dynamic, strong on skates who played with an edge. Showed well for having mostly played HS last yr..... 1 of 3 players the Steel drafted out of the same Lawrence Academy school this yr along with 2rd rd Neil Shea and Sam Colangelo (didn't show much this day, light on his skates), 2nd rd, and IMO 11th rounder Fontaine was much the better player of the 3 on this day. Kinda kid you notice every shift no matter which team you're rooting for”.
    Great to read that Fontaine appeared to play well.

I suspect that Chicago wasted a high pick on Bendorf.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Great to read that Fontaine appeared to play well.

I suspect that Chicago wasted a high pick on Bendorf.
      I don’t know how he made out yet but Fontaine was selected to today’s Chicago Steel All-Star game.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Matt Cameron is in Sioux Falls camp which opened Saturday.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Chicago Steel All Star game https://www.chicagosteelhockeyteam.c...le/show/926152

Red opened the game with a pair of goals in the first two minutes, scored by Christian Sarlo and Mark Gallant. White cut the deficit in half prior to the first intermission thanks to a tally from Gunnarwolfe Fontaine at 9:03.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Matt Cameron is in Sioux Falls camp which opened Saturday.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

MC did play in 1 of 2 All-Star games today. From that there will be 1 AS game Tuesday morning. No Roster available yet.

Comment

MC did play in 1 of 2 All-Star games today..
                That was what the tweet which I posted referred to.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That was what the tweet which I posted referred to.
                  Sorry RB. I didn’t see any mention of the ASG so I assumed it was just one of the camp games. I should’ve noted the date & time of the Tweet.

Comment

Sorry RB. I didn’t see any mention of the ASG so I assumed it was just one of the camp games. I should’ve noted the date & time of the Tweet.
                    I had been following earlier tweets and he was never mentioned, so I didn't post anything.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

MC did play in 1 of 2 All-Star games today. From that there will be 1 AS game Tuesday morning. No Roster available yet.
                      MC did make the final ASG Roster. Don’t have any details other than the team he was on won 5-2.... http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/118...mment-14853785

Comment

http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/118...mment=14853780

I'm assuming 2nd rounders 99 Neil Shea, 58 in 32 at 6ft 1in 190 lbs and fellow Lawrence Academy teammate Sam Colangelo 01 (both committed to Northeastern) are expected to help but they have some developing to do so. I still stand by my Day 1 evaluation that the other Lawrence Academy player and 11th rd pick Gunnerwolf [sic] Fontaine showed better at camp as an all around player.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/118...mment-14853807

The rest of the guys on the left are steady and/or experienced guys like Reifenberger, Tabakin and Kessel (though I worry a bit about his turns), goalscorers like Cheremeta and Romano or playmakers like Cameron, McGregor or Sullivan or loads with some skill like Hughes and Lyons.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Liincoln's camp starts today and returning players start on Thursday. https://www.lincolnstars.com/news_ar...rer_id=1333196

We'll see if Ashbrook has indeed deferred. Also Dubinsky should be there.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Liincoln's camp starts today and returning players start on Thursday. https://www.lincolnstars.com/news_ar...rer_id=1333196

We'll see if Ashbrook has indeed deferred. Also Dubinsky should be there.
                              Was told again tonight, by someone who was at Lincoln’s camp today, that the Stars expect Ashbrook to be there tonight ready to go tomorrow.

Comment

Was told again tonight, by someone who was at Lincoln’s camp today, that the Stars expect Ashbrook to be there tonight ready to go tomorrow.
                                It's nice to see that Lincoln is posting goals and assists.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X