X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Wasn't ridiculous at all unless you're just going off BU fan 84. Lohan did not push Tkachuk into the crease. He skated in on his own and the contact after that from Lohan on Tkachuk was minimal. BU three PPs to two for BC. And BU had one in the OT. NESN didn't show it but it appeared to be a slash away from the play that had no impact on anything. BU was deserving of the win but it having to come in OT had nothing to do with officiating.
    I knew the Greenway goal would be called back as soon as I saw the replay. Tkachuk went into the crease on his own, before the puck was anywhere near there. And it wasn't like it was just the tips of his skates in the crease. He couldn't have been any closer to Woll without touching him than he was. In fact, on the replay, you can see that his head is actually over part of Woll's head at one point (since he so tall, no contact). I don't know the ins and outs of the goalie interference rules, but from an in the crease perspective, the goal should not have counted.

Now, I do have a big beef with the embellishment call and a smaller beef with the goalie interference call against Greenway. The first one was just a bad call. Greenway went down, hopped right back up. I think the ref was indecisive and maybe thought he shouldn't have called the BC penalty to start with, so made up for it by taking them both. On the goalie interference call, Greenway was definitely bumped into Woll - it was more obvious live than on the slow motion replay, to me at least. Given the game situation, I thought that should not have been called. Greenway needs to be smarter though - when you are 6'5", nobody is going to miss a hard charge to the net, and if you are too rough, there is potential for that to get called.

I frankly expected a make-up call sooner than halfway through overtime. I didn't see the slash, and it isn't on the broadcast, so hard to tell how hard Hutsko swung his stick as he went down.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      I knew the Greenway goal would be called back as soon as I saw the replay. Tkachuk went into the crease on his own, before the puck was anywhere near there. And it wasn't like it was just the tips of his skates in the crease. He couldn't have been any closer to Woll without touching him than he was. In fact, on the replay, you can see that his head is actually over part of Woll's head at one point (since he so tall, no contact). I don't know the ins and outs of the goalie interference rules, but from an in the crease perspective, the goal should not have counted.

Now, I do have a big beef with the embellishment call and a smaller beef with the goalie interference call against Greenway. The first one was just a bad call. Greenway went down, hopped right back up. I think the ref was indecisive and maybe thought he shouldn't have called the BC penalty to start with, so made up for it by taking them both. On the goalie interference call, Greenway was definitely bumped into Woll - it was more obvious live than on the slow motion replay, to me at least. Given the game situation, I thought that should not have been called. Greenway needs to be smarter though - when you are 6'5", nobody is going to miss a hard charge to the net, and if you are too rough, there is potential for that to get called.

I frankly expected a make-up call sooner than halfway through overtime. I didn't see the slash, and it isn't on the broadcast, so hard to tell how hard Hutsko swung his stick as he went down.
      It was definitely a slash, but you could legitimately make the argument that it was 'away from the play' (which it was) and didn't have any bearing on it. The Greenway embellishment was a bad call. He toe picked and went down but I suppose it looked in real time as he exaggerated the fall. I think that's why he jumped right up because he knew it looked "bad." But apparently the call had already been made (meaning the ref had pointed at both of them - because if he hadn't nobody would have known what he was "thinking" and he could have changed it and just sent one to the box).

But, I thought Greenway was a beast last night. He just controlled the puck all night long and they couldn't handle him.

Comment

Andrew Alberts did a real nice job with the between periods analysis; insightful and articulate. How much TV work has he done? Reycroft was good, too.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
          Andrew Alberts did a real nice job with the between periods analysis; insightful and articulate. How much TV work has he done? Reycroft was good, too.
          Raycroft has been on a decent amount this season. I haven't seen Alberts this year, but I feel like I saw him once before, a year or two ago. I could definitely be wrong though.

Comment

Where is the admin? Can't they get rid of all this Chinese crap (or whatever language it is)?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post

But, I thought Greenway was a beast last night. He just controlled the puck all night long and they couldn't handle him.
              I am sure that PC will match up their bigger d-men with him all night. I expect his line to be neutralized (though I certainly hope not), so 1) we need to be sure he and Tkachuk don't take stupid frustration penalties and 2) the second and third line will need to step up again.

If I had to guess, same line-up as last night, except MacLeod in for Diffley. I suppose he might put Olsson in for Phelps or Chabot since he is a senior, but I don't think that would be a good move.

Comment

Where is the admin? Can't they get rid of all this Chinese crap (or whatever language it is)?
                defkit, did you hear any "in the nations", last night? I heard one "in the country".
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

I am sure that PC will match up their bigger d-men with him all night. I expect his line to be neutralized (though I certainly hope not), so 1) we need to be sure he and Tkachuk don't take stupid frustration penalties and 2) the second and third line will need to step up again.

If I had to guess, same line-up as last night, except MacLeod in for Diffley. I suppose he might put Olsson in for Phelps or Chabot since he is a senior, but I don't think that would be a good move.
                  Speaking of Diffley, did he take any shifts after he was on for the first BC goal in the opening minute? I didn't notice him afterwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    St Patricks Day preemptive hangover.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Is there any way to stream tonights game?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        I had absolutely no recollection of any HE games at Conte.
                        Why would you, since BU never played a semifinal or championship game there? I also don't think you would have been able to get into Conte for the final in 1990, as I recall that with Maine playing the Massachusetts Department of Public Health restricted attendance to those born before 1957 (i.e, 33 or older). That was why the games were moved from the Garden to campus sites in the first place. Maine's public health department had no issues with the measles outbreak and had no restrictions on attending the BU-Maine game (I remember seeing a mother carrying her infant baby at the game).

Sean
                        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                        BU Hockey highlights and extras
                        NCAA Hockey Financials
                        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

defkit, did you hear any "in the nations", last night? I heard one "in the country".
                          LOL. I haven't watched too much of the broadcast yet, but I did ask Rogie while I was at the game if Caron was working the game, pretty much for that reason.

Of course, neither BU or BC has too many guys that are among national leaders in anything, so he probably didn't have too many opportunities. Now the NU game, that would be a different story!

Comment

Speaking of Diffley, did he take any shifts after he was on for the first BC goal in the opening minute? I didn't notice him afterwards.
                            I'm pretty sure he had at least one, but very limited for sure. He looked so nervous on that play where he passed it to the wall instead of his d-partner.

For a guy that played in the NCAA title game as a freshman, you would think he wouldn't be nervous. Maybe he wasn't, just looked it - he hesitated, then made the pass anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
                              ESPN3 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
                                ESPN3, and they carried both games last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X