• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Juniors 2020

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/can...ixup-1.5415974
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Next years 2020-21 WJC will be played where..? Any info would be great. Thanks

Comment

Edmonton and Red Deer, Alberta, Canada.

Comment

Guys! You have to read this Twitter String. Absolute Gold.

https://***********/SlavaMalamud/sta...14599080660994
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Can someone explain to me how when the Canada player cleared the puck over the glass in his own zone and hit the camera, that was not a resulting delay of game penalty?

That non-call very well could have changed the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by LFofF View Post
              Edmonton and Red Deer, Alberta, Canada.
              THANK's

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

That's gold, Jerry. GOLD!
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                  Can someone explain to me how when the Canada player cleared the puck over the glass in his own zone and hit the camera, that was not a resulting delay of game penalty?

That non-call very well could have changed the outcome.
                  The IIHF rule book states hitting the glass or any structure that overhangs the ice. Of course it was a TSN Canadian Network camera. lol. https://www.bardown.com/the-tsn-tele...ship-1.1422843
                  Last edited by LTsatch; 01-08-2020, 07:43 AM.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Many years ago I worked with a guy originally from Russia. He had a great sense of humor. Anytime he was stressed out, he always said, "I need vodka." Everything was about vodka to him.

Anyway, one time we were talking sports, but he really wasn't a sports fan. He brought up the Soviet victory in basketball in the 1972 Olympics. I then mentioned the Miracle on Ice.

He didn't believe me. Seriously. Mind you, he was not pulling my leg, joking around, or being a jerk. He honestly had no idea the Soviets ever lost an Olympic gold medal at that time, never mind lose a game to the U.S. And, he couldn't believe it was ever possible.

I do know the game was broadcast live in Russia, but I read that as soon as the game was over, they immediately pulled the plug. And, I'm sure they never mentioned it ever again on the news. So, it is possible if someone did not follow the Olympics or sports closely, they may never have known their hockey team lost that year.
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                      The IIHF rule book states hitting the glass or any structure that overhangs the ice. Of course it was a TSN Canadian Network camera. lol. https://www.bardown.com/the-tsn-tele...ship-1.1422843
                      Except it was pointed out by one of the TSN announcers that the camera, while higher than the glass, was placed behind the glass so it was not above or over the ice and therefore out of play. Watching the replay you can see the linesman calling the penalty, but he was over ruled. Without replay it seems the officials ignored the fact it could have hit the camera and decided that if the puck ended up back on the ice it must have hit the glass. A huge non-call at a critical time in the game.

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                        Except it was pointed out by one of the TSN announcers that the camera, while higher than the glass, was placed behind the glass so it was not above or over the ice and therefore out of play. Watching the replay you can see the linesman calling the penalty, but he was over ruled. Without replay it seems the officials ignored the fact it could have hit the camera and decided that if the puck ended up back on the ice it must have hit the glass. A huge non-call at a critical time in the game.

Sean
                        100% agree.
                        Officials were lazy about it & screwed the call (and team RUS).
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
                          It should have been called...and yes it would have made a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            Next years 2020-21 WJC will be played where..? Any info would be great. Thanks
                            Their pool will be Sweden, Russia, Czech Republic and Austria.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              Will the Canadians ask to change that so they are in the same group as USA? The host is allowed to make that request.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X