Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I miss that rink. Chicken wire and low glass
    Lively Snively Arena. Had to be the coldest rink I’ve ever been in.
    And 2014 fans was still more fans then they had for a regular season game at the salt shed last night.

Comment

Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
      Lively Snively Arena. Had to be the coldest rink I’ve ever been in.
      And 2014 fans was still more fans then they had for a regular season game at the salt shed last night.
      A whopping 36 more. I remember when, even for an exhibition game, you could pull over 3000. Obviously not expecting a sellout, but excitement used to be much higher.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        A whopping 36 more. I remember when, even for an exhibition game, you could pull over 3000. Obviously not expecting a sellout, but excitement used to be much higher.
        True. But coming off a 6-win year and a 5 PM Sunday afternoon game during NFL season for a meaningless exhibition game. I didn’t expect more than what we had. Let’s see what type of crowd comes out for Saturday nights regular season home opener.

Comment

I went back to the 2010-11 season and only once was it above 3,000. 2013-14 vs St. Mary 3,123. Last year was not available but most, in the last 8yrs. has been around 2,600. BTW, I sat in the student Sect. by the Band & that was very void of students. It is what it is I guess. There has not been much the last couple of years to expect anywhere near 3,000 people for an exhibition game. Win & they will come, simple as that.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 8 October 2018. There are -1 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                It looks like they linked the postgame interviews twice and omitted the highlights.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  It looks like they linked the postgame interviews twice and omitted the highlights.
                  Here's the highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAc5CY_Da5k
                  And the postgame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbsNaOPZq9M

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                    I see that RPI TV will covering the special meeting of the RAA on Monday at 7:45 am.
                    Not seeing it up yet...

Comment

Not seeing it up yet...
                      And now we have picture.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                        I went back to the 2010-11 season and only once was it above 3,000. 2013-14 vs St. Mary 3,123. Last year was not available but most, in the last 8yrs. has been around 2,600. BTW, I sat in the student Sect. by the Band & that was very void of students. It is what it is I guess. There has not been much the last couple of years to expect anywhere near 3,000 people for an exhibition game. Win & they will come, simple as that.
                        2600 is fair. I'm not too worried about student involvement yet, given this was a 3-day weekend, and the kids have a tendency to head out of town on those (I know I did). If you see the same lack of involvement next week, then I'd start to get concerned.

Comment

Someone on the score thread commented that the rink seemed empty. Official attendance was 2014. Pathetic.
                          Looked more like 1014. I wonder how players feel to skate out onto home ice and see a virtually empty arena?
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            For certain the make up of the student body has changed drastically from what I remember in the days I was there. i am not sure though that most of that change has occurred in the past 10 years than in all the years before. Having attended virtually every home game from 1963 through 2001 one constant over all those 38 years was the students attending and the spirit from that side of the rink. not being there in person makes it impossible to judge but from all the TV broadcasts it appears to be so vastly different.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Looked more like 1014. I wonder how players feel to skate out onto home ice and see a virtually empty arena?
                              Remember that we don't see the student section side of things. As for the players, I'm sure they're appreciative of any of us that come out, especially when we make our presence known at away games. I seem to recall a stick salute after Cornell last year.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                For certain the make up of the student body has changed drastically from what I remember in the days I was there. i am not sure though that most of that change has occurred in the past 10 years than in all the years before. Having attended virtually every home game from 1963 through 2001 one constant over all those 38 years was the students attending and the spirit from that side of the rink. not being there in person makes it impossible to judge but from all the TV broadcasts it appears to be so vastly different.
                                My biggest worry is current student apathy. For quite a while, WRPI has been trying to advertise during games for student involvement. We hardly see any of them post here (Mr. and Mrs. lugnut being some of the last as of late). As much as we enjoy these things to happen, unless those currently involved are willing to keep it going, the things we found as good will just die out.

Comment

Working...
                                X