X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    So 3 different states (maybe up to 5) will decide the election if we go to popular vote. You think the flyovers would have any real say? BTW, for sale: bridge in the NY area, great value.
    If it's where THE PEOPLE LIVE then who gives a sh-t?

And here's the other thing, your 3-5 states number (which is wrong BTW) is bogus because it implies a sweep of those states by one party. If those states are swept by one party that party is also going to win the EC in a landslide, because those states aren't weird, they match plenty of other states demographically. CA is similar to OR, WA, NM, and HI. NY is similar to all of New England plus the Mid-Atlantic. TX -- remember, you're giving us TX in this scenario, is similar to NV, AZ and CO.

The EC is being protected for one reason only: to undemocratically advance the agenda of the GOP. Full stop. That's all this BS is for.
    Last edited by Kepler; 09-17-2019, 10:45 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So 3 different states (maybe up to 5) will decide the election if we go to popular vote. You think the flyovers would have any real say? BTW, for sale: bridge in the NY area, great value.
      As opposed to now, when three different states (maybe up to five) will decide the election.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        As opposed to now, when three different states (maybe up to five) will decide the election.
        Exactly. And every conservative acts like this pertains to CA NY only while they ignore Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          You have drawn the wrong conclusions from 2016. Hillary didn't lose because Democrats stayed home for a woman. Every moron who thinks a man should be President is already a Republican.

The electorate has bifurcated. The racists and sexists are all R now because that's where their fan service is. Those white men who remain D are the ones who have functional brains. The bozos and monsters who wouldn't vote for a woman are going to vote straight ticket R for the rest of their lives because they should -- that's where they belong.
          Hillary lost because of the "anyone but Hillary" voters. I've always said this. I have never blamed the stay-at-home Dems. Ever.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Hillary lost because of the "anyone but Hillary" voters. I've always said this. I have never blamed the stay-at-home Dems. Ever.
            Then you just refuted your argument because "anyone but Hillary" includes women other than Hillary.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Exactly. And every conservative acts like this pertains to CA NY only while they ignore Texas.
              I'd say CA, NY, TX, and maybe FLA and Penn/ILL.

Note that I never said which party would win, I simply stated that different states would be the deciding factor.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Then you just refuted your argument because "anyone but Hillary" includes women other than Hillary.
                I did not refute. The devil is in the details. Hillary in particular is a specific and peculiar case, since she's, well, Hillary. She was polarizing. That being said, someone like Warren, I don't think America would go for her, because she's a woman. Full stop. Hillary had other issues that she brought into the race, which affected her run. Right or wrong, that's what happened.

Comment

I did not refute. The devil is in the details. Hillary in particular is a specific and peculiar case, since she's, well, Hillary. She was polarizing. That being said, someone like Warren, I don't think America would go for her, because she's a woman. Full stop. Hillary had other issues that she brought into the race, which affected her run. Right or wrong, that's what happened.
                  You are mistaking Republicans for America. We won't convince any Republicans because they are beyond hope, so cut them out of the picture. Outside of them nobody is going to oppose a woman as president because she's a woman. That brain damage no longer operates outside R.
                  Cornell University

Comment

You are mistaking Republicans for America. We won't convince any Republicans because they are beyond hope, so cut them out of the picture. Outside of them nobody is going to oppose a woman as president because she's a woman. That brain damage no longer operates outside R.
                    The Bernouts would like to have a word with you.

Comment

The Bernouts would like to have a word with you.
                      Hi. I'm a Bernie Bro. First of all, more Bernie supporters voted for Hillary in 2016 than Hillary supporters voted for Barack Obama in 2008. Second of all, those who didn't vote for her didn't do so because she's a woman. We did so because she's a neo-liberal corporate shill. Almost all of us would be quite ecstatic to vote for Elizabeth Warren, or even Tulsi Gabbard, if they win the nomination. By your logic, we should all be very supportive of Joe Biden because he's an old white guy, too. In case you haven't noticed, we don't like him very much.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        Hi. I'm a Bernie Bro. First of all, more Bernie supporters voted for Hillary in 2016 than Hillary supporters voted for Barack Obama in 2008. Second of all, those who didn't vote for her didn't do so because she's a woman. We did so because she's a neo-liberal corporate shill. Almost all of us would be quite ecstatic to vote for Elizabeth Warren, or even Tulsi Gabbard, if they win the nomination. By your logic, we should all be very supportive of Joe Biden because he's an old white guy, too. In case you haven't noticed, we don't like him very much.
                        No one should like Joe, unless you're a MAGA (good chance of winning re-election).

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          And again, I point out that Hillary (the ONE female candidate that wasn't destroyed) didn't win. America will not vote in a woman president, yet. I stress yet. So, insert a female Veep. Warm America up to the idea that a female can be president. Flip some of the indies. Flip some of those "anyone but Hillary" types. Then really make a move.
                          Except for a handful of votes in 3 states, America sure seemed damm ready to elect a female president.

Don't worry, the Indies are flipping. Those "anyone but Hillary" types are just like you, as Kepler said, portraying an electorate based on what Republicans think. Stop being brainwashed by them.

They did it to you on Hillary for 30 years, and you just gobbled it right up. As the sane, centrist, point of view.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            3 different states decided the last election. Not even 3 different states. A population count smaller than the city of Portland, Maine.

That's who you want making decisions for the entire country?
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              3 different states decided the last election. Not even 3 different states. A population count smaller than the city of Portland, Maine.

That's who you want making decisions for the entire country?
                              That's what I remembered too. It came down to three *counties,* one in Michigan, one in Florida, and I forget where the third was. Flip those three *counties,* and that flipped each state.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Oh, I was wrong: Macomb County, MI; York County, PA; and Waukesha County, WI.
                                22,748 votes in WI, 0.7 of a point (3rd party candidates received: 188,330)
                                44,307 votes in PA, 0.7 of a point, (3rd party candidates received: 218,228)
                                10,704 votes in MI, 0.2 of a point (3rd party candidates received: 250,902 votes)
                                **** the third party.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X