Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Some of the show Dorne problems, I get.

Obviously they were going to combine characters to reduce the number of suitors chasing after Dany. So, by the similar logic that combined Victarion Greyjoy's role into Euron (and maybe Asha/Yara), it makes sense to nix a seemingly redundant Quentyn role, and whatever remains of that story will be given to other characters.

And if you aren't going to have (f)Aegon, then the only reason to include Arianne is to go through the Queenmaking section of AFFC. Since the show seemingly wanted to just cut to the chase and kill Myrcella (gets closer to the Cersei endgame by killing off more of her children), there's no use left for Arianne.

Without Quentyn or Arianne, there isn't really much in the show to be part of Doran's "master plan" and schemes to try to aid a Targaryen restoration. Maybe keep Trystane alive and send him after Dany, but again that's superfluous when you have the Ironborn.

So... what else is left to do? I get that it sucks for the show to blow off a really cool "long con" artist/schemer in Doran, but there isn't much left for him to work with in the show.
    I understand why they cut all of that, it does make sense. The disappointing part was that it was all so discombobulated once they did cut it. They way they handled it, they would have been better off never showing Doran, or the Sand Snakes, other than through Jamie's viewpoint when he traveled there. Left them as just minor characters in the show, like how Yan Royce is a character, but not for more than a scene or 2 a season. As it was, it seems like we just wasted time in Dorne, when we could have spent that time expanding on other stories that could have used more bulk.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Also, where the hell is Bronn of the Blackwater this season?
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        He was doing a movie during filming so they had to work around him, I guess.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Tommen, since you aren't using your spine, can Bran have it?

Bishop takes King. Checkmate.

Comment

Tommen is a typical teenage boy. Led around by his ****

... and for Natalie Dormer, why not?
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              Tommen is a typical teenage boy. Led around by his ****

... and for Natalie Dormer, why not?
              Listening to him talk, it's obvious his testicles haven't dropped yet, and there is a very good reason for that. He doesn't have any.

Oh, in case no one noticed: Not one person died last night. The only fatalities were the deer shot by the Tullys and the rabbit killed by Benjen.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                Listening to him talk, it's obvious his testicles haven't dropped yet, and there is a very good reason for that. He doesn't have any.

Oh, in case no one noticed: Not one person died last night. The only fatalities were the deer shot by the Tullys and the rabbit killed by Benjen.
                Dead people got deader, or at least less animated (take that how you will).
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  Jaime at least mentioned him this time around.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Don't blame Tommen at all....
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Totally still Cersei's fault.

Plus it's been weeks since he's been able to have him some Margaery.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Totally still Cersei's fault.

Plus it's been weeks since he's been able to have him some Margaery.
                        Everything Cersei does is wrong. It might look good for her in the moment, but it ultimately goes bad. The FrankenMountain will likely end up killing Jamie, Tommen or her, I'd wager.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Even though everyone knew Benjen was coming back, that was still awesome.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Everything Cersei does is wrong. It might look good for her in the moment, but it ultimately goes bad. The FrankenMountain will likely end up killing Jamie, Tommen or her, I'd wager.
                            She is way too confident that FrankenMountain will win the trial by combat. If the Viper had focused on finishing the job instead of dancing around gloating, he would have won. The HS has been a step ahead of them since Cersei gave them power yet she really believes she'll win at the trial. The HS is laying a trap and she's going to walk right into it. I think for the prophecy to be fulfilled Tommen has to bite it first, so Cersei can wallow in the death of all three children.

Personally I'm expecting Clegane Bowl II (now with more zombies!) around episode 9.

Comment

She is way too confident that FrankenMountain will win the trial by combat. If the Viper had focused on finishing the job instead of dancing around gloating, he would have won. The HS has been a step ahead of them since Cersei gave them power yet she really believes she'll win at the trial. The HS is laying a trap and she's going to walk right into it. I think for the prophecy to be fulfilled Tommen has to bite it first, so Cersei can wallow in the death of all three children.

Personally I'm expecting Clegane Bowl II (now with more zombies!) around episode 9.
                              I was thinking about that too. And it makes me think that with Tommen now in the HS's pocket that the HS may somehow convince Tommen to be the Seven's champion in the trial. It's highly unlikely, IMO, but would be a fun twist to fulfill the season 5 prophecy.

Comment

Aren't we running short of Cleganes?
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X