Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Marquette.

Friend and I will be making the trip to Boston for the NMU-BU series next month! I have a small question about ticketing/attendance.

How big of a draw do your games get? Does Agganis typically fill up or should we be okay walking up and getting tickets from the box office on game day? Simply looking to avoid those pesky Ticketmaster fees.

That's all I'm really wondering about as far as the series itself. Aside from that, this will be only my second time visiting the East Coast and first time to Boston. We'll be staying in the Faneuil Hall area. Any restaurant tips, must-see attractions or just general tips about the city would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to this series!

Comment

• Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
      Greetings from Marquette.

Friend and I will be making the trip to Boston for the NMU-BU series next month! I have a small question about ticketing/attendance.

How big of a draw do your games get? Does Agganis typically fill up or should we be okay walking up and getting tickets from the box office on game day? Simply looking to avoid those pesky Ticketmaster fees.

That's all I'm really wondering about as far as the series itself. Aside from that, this will be only my second time visiting the East Coast and first time to Boston. We'll be staying in the Faneuil Hall area. Any restaurant tips, must-see attractions or just general tips about the city would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to this series!
      We have struggled with attendance recently... I’d guess it is highly unlikely (though not impossible I suppose) that these games would sell out.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        We have struggled with attendance recently... I’d guess it is highly unlikely (though not impossible I suppose) that these games would sell out.
        Agreed - save on the fees. Even if hell freezes over and the games sell out, people are usually selling outside. I don't think a non-BC game has sold out in the past 5 years.

In terms of tips on places to see, go, etc. - there is almost too much to list. But walking some of the Freedom Trail is always a good way to get a good feel for the city. The North End (Italian district), the USS Constitution, the Old State House - those are all within walking distance of Faneiul Hall (the Constitution may be a bit of a walk). Getting over to Harvard Square in Cambridge gets you a feel for the "Educational" side of the city, though they are all over the place. I would recommend giving yourself a little time before one of the games to stop at Fenway Park, just off of Kenmore Square. Just walking around that area and seeing how Fenway is wedged into the area is kinda cool, if you are used to seeing arenas and ballparks surrounded by large parking lots. In terms of food, the North End is worth a trip, also lots of options in the Back Bay area on Boylston or Newbury Streets.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
          Agreed - save on the fees. Even if hell freezes over and the games sell out, people are usually selling outside. I don't think a non-BC game has sold out in the past 5 years.

In terms of tips on places to see, go, etc. - there is almost too much to list. But walking some of the Freedom Trail is always a good way to get a good feel for the city. The North End (Italian district), the USS Constitution, the Old State House - those are all within walking distance of Faneiul Hall (the Constitution may be a bit of a walk). Getting over to Harvard Square in Cambridge gets you a feel for the "Educational" side of the city, though they are all over the place. I would recommend giving yourself a little time before one of the games to stop at Fenway Park, just off of Kenmore Square. Just walking around that area and seeing how Fenway is wedged into the area is kinda cool, if you are used to seeing arenas and ballparks surrounded by large parking lots. In terms of food, the North End is worth a trip, also lots of options in the Back Bay area on Boylston or Newbury Streets.
          Agree on all.... also of note, that weekend happens to be the weekend of the Head if the Charles regatta (one of the largest rowing regattas in the world), so the river east of the BU Bridge between Boston and Cambridge will be abuzz with activity.

If you are “beer geek” Trillium brewery in the Fort Point neighborhood produces literally some of the best IPAs in the country, and the brewery has a cool vibe to it.. They also have a beer garden on the greenway (not too far from Faneuil Hall), but I’m not sure if that will still be open that time of year.

While you are at the games, if you are interested in BU Hockey history, there is a small selection of “exhibits” throughout the concourse at Aggainis showing BU alums in the NHL, Olympics etc etc... you would be able to peruse it all of you have yourself an extra 30 minutes at the arena.
          Last edited by ericredaxe; 09-15-2019, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Oh, and if you want to join in with the BU faithful, T’s Pub and Sunset Cantina (both very close to the arena) are the two most common pre-game spots.

Comment

Thanks everyone! The Freedom Trail is definitely on our list. We'll have to make Fenway a priority too. Always up for checking out a historic ballpark/stadium. I'm not a huge drinker, but I don't mind trying new craft brews every now and then so we'll make Trillium a potential stop. I love my hockey history as well, so we'll definitely allow time to get to the arena early and wander the concourse.

Looking forward to a great series in my first visit to Boston!

Comment

• Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
                Thanks everyone! The Freedom Trail is definitely on our list. We'll have to make Fenway a priority too. Always up for checking out a historic ballpark/stadium. I'm not a huge drinker, but I don't mind trying new craft brews every now and then so we'll make Trillium a potential stop. I love my hockey history as well, so we'll definitely allow time to get to the arena early and wander the concourse.

Looking forward to a great series in my first visit to Boston!
                My first Boston visit too. Really looking forward to it! If you make it by Thursday, you also have Bruins/Lighting!
                Last edited by davyd83; 10-07-2019, 05:03 PM.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

ok, so mookie being removed from town first went to check the obituaries ()

if you go to tour fenway, search and ask for ed carpenter. he is a guide there and was former bu sports information director (the award for most goals given at the season ending banquet is named in his honor), ask for his tour.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    ok, so mookie being removed from town first went to check the obituaries ()

if you go to tour fenway, search and ask for ed carpenter. he is a guide there and was former bu sports information director (the award for most goals given at the season ending banquet is named in his honor), ask for his tour.
                    Definitely do this. Ed was the SID for BU at the 1991 NCAA Tournament. You can probably share some great stories!!

Comment

The exhibition game is December 29? What's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                        Don't want to play a regular game while star players away at junior tournament
                        Gives other players a game before swinging back to regular games a week later

Season tickets came today

Comment

Originally posted by bu fan 84 View Post
                          the exhibition game is december 29? What's the point?
                          fire albie!!!!1!!!!!!1!!!!1!!1!
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                            Schedule has been out for some time. Game is at WBA.

Sean
                            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                            BU Hockey highlights and extras
                            NCAA Hockey Financials
                            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                              Don't want to play a regular game while star players away at junior tournament
                              Gives other players a game before swinging back to regular games a week later

Season tickets came today
                              Star players??

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                                Schedule has been out for some time. Game is at WBA.

Sean
                                Neither of these sentences are particularly responsive.

Comment

Working...
                                X