Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
    Allegedly, he knew how it would go down and such so he probably just did what he knew would work. Not really sure how much he can control the future, other than by changing the past (Hodor) but maybe he can process all of the future scenarios to figure out the best one.

If I were him, I'd have had a big *** smirk as I turned to look at the Night King, knowing he was effed in a few seconds.
    Yes, but presumably, all the other 3-eyed Ravens that the Night King had killed, had seen how it happened and took steps to prevent it. The one Bran met being the one we saw.

Still didn't work out so well for them.

Unless, as Bran told Theon, everything he had done to this point had brought him to this place and time. So, maybe the other 3-eyed Ravens were just playing the long game until Bran came along.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

So, my wild-azz guesses as to what happens.

Cersei does finally kill Jaime. He dies in Brienne's arms. Freeing her up for Tormund's love.

Bron kills Cersei with the crossbow meant for Tyrion and Jaime.

The Hound vs The Mountain in an epic death match.

Jon and Dany are both killed, leaving Gendry, the surviving heir to Robert Baratheon, to take the throne. With his queen Arya by his side. Fulfilling both Ned and Robert's dream from season 1 of uniting their houses in marriage. Tyrion is hand of the King.

Sansa stays Queen of the north, where Podrick introduces her to his Magic Caulk.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

For the second time in four weeks, Amazon Germany released the new episode 12 hours early.

Once was dumb, twice seems really dumb. I accidentally saw a post with a spoiler and I’m not happy.

Comment

I am devastated.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So it seems to be setting up for Arya to take out Cersei using the Mountain’s face?
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

How can you never scout ahead when you're the only air power on the planet? Cersei deserves it because everyone else is stupid.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                How can you never scout ahead when you're the only air power on the planet? Cersei deserves it because everyone else is stupid.
                This.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Yeah I’ve seen the outsmarted by Cersei and Euron move enough now. It’s been a trick played out so many freaking times it’s become maddening how bad Jon and Dany are at carrying out war and battle tactics.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

So with where the scorpions are mounted, they can't shoot toward the stern. Just, like, fly around and come up behind them.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      For the second time in four weeks, Amazon Germany released the new episode 12 hours early.

Once was dumb, twice seems really dumb. I accidentally saw a post with a spoiler and I’m not happy.
                      What was spoiled?
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        What was spoiled?
                        I saw the Rhaegal and Missandrei spoilers via an idiot German friend

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          So with where the scorpions are mounted, they can't shoot toward the stern. Just, like, fly around and come up behind them.
                          This was an actual problem with the Fortress of Louisbourg.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Speaking of Hodor, he was likely at Winterfell last week. He’s returned home!
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

In general I thought that episode was a mess. It was pretty clear that it was going to be a "breather" episode between the two big battle episodes of last week and next week (same director for both those episodes and some prior battles). But still.

Bronn just randomly shows up at Winterfell? It takes everyone else weeks to get from Kings Landing to Winterfell, yet he shows up drunk, spends two minutes threatening Tyrion and Jaime, then heads back? W T F?

Then, as others have alluded to, the confrontation at the end was stupid. How do you get ambushed with dragons? So if you show up with only one dragon still alive and maybe 500 unsullied, Cersei is just going to fold up her tent and go home? Plus, the whole Tyrion thing of trusting that Cersei won't kill him so he just walks up to talk to her is getting old. Didn't he just learn that Bronn has been sent to kill him and that he avoided that fate only due to Bronn's greed?

I honestly sat there last night hoping they'd stick a thousand arrows in Tyrion, even though he is one of my favorite characters, just because of the stupidity of that whole scene.

It was like the writers and directors sat around and decided that they had to do the funeral, they had to bring a completion to the two new love stories (Gendry/Arya and Jaime/Brienne) to get those wrapped up before the end, but then ran out of ideas before the next big battle.

They'd better do something in the last two episodes to bring some context and meaning to last night's mess or it was a waste of an hour and a half.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                In general I thought that episode was a mess. It was pretty clear that it was going to be a "breather" episode between the two big battle episodes of last week and next week (same director for both those episodes and some prior battles). But still.

Bronn just randomly shows up at Winterfell? It takes everyone else weeks to get from Kings Landing to Winterfell, yet he shows up drunk, spends two minutes threatening Tyrion and Jaime, then heads back? W T F?

Then, as others have alluded to, the confrontation at the end was stupid. How do you get ambushed with dragons? So if you show up with only one dragon still alive and maybe 500 unsullied, Cersei is just going to fold up her tent and go home? Plus, the whole Tyrion thing of trusting that Cersei won't kill him so he just walks up to talk to her is getting old. Didn't he just learn that Bronn has been sent to kill him and that he avoided that fate only due to Bronn's greed?

I honestly sat there last night hoping they'd stick a thousand arrows in Tyrion, even though he is one of my favorite characters, just because of the stupidity of that whole scene.

It was like the writers and directors sat around and decided that they had to do the funeral, they had to bring a completion to the two new love stories (Gendry/Arya and Jaime/Brienne) to get those wrapped up before the end, but then ran out of ideas before the next big battle.

They'd better do something in the last two episodes to bring some context and meaning to last night's mess or it was a waste of an hour and a half.
                                Ran out of ideas? Hardly. The core storyline was Snow/Dany and Sansa going full Little Finger. Which IMO was worse case scenario. I don't like where any of it is going.

As for the stupidity of the naval battle. The only thing that explains it is the cockiness of Tyrion and Dany with the dragons. Last time the dragons weren't there. They probably didn't know they had found a way to mass produce the scorpions and mount them on ships.

I don't think there were a lack of ideas. I think there were too many bad ones. Here's hoping Arya saves the day again cause her and Bran are all that's left that has any integrity. Hell, they even sent Ghost packing.

Tyrion dying at the end for his military stupidity would have been fitting. He's not clever. He stopped being clever the minute he put an arrow through daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X