X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
    Maybe he's new or there has been an improvement to the system?
    The regular PA guy is recovering from surgery.

I will say that the sound system is a whole lot better at Ridder than Mariucci which is listening to the Charlie Brown adults on steroids.
    A bigger building causes more problems for an over-matched sound system.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I will say that the sound system is a whole lot better at Ridder than Mariucci which is listening to the Charlie Brown adults on steroids.
      Funny, I have the opposite opinion - no problem whatsover at Mariucci, but hearing what's being said at Ridder is problematic. I will say though that hearing what the temporary PC announcer is saying is a lot easier.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        Glad you were able to attend and enjoy the games. Ridder has some faults as you mentioned (surprised you thought the snack bar food was good ) but it is just such a good arena to watch a hockey game. We are very blessed as fans to be able to watch the Gopher women play here.
        I was sayin the food was good, not great. But by no means a deal breaker here.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          I will say though that hearing what the temporary PC announcer is saying is a lot easier.
          I agree, you can almost understand half of what he says which is three times as much as the other guy

Originally posted by agfire View Post
          I was sayin the food was good, not great. But by no means a deal breaker here.
          good is about 5 times better than I would give it, a couple years back they gave people a certificate redeemable for 5 bucks of food, I gave it to the kid standing next to me
          you'd have to pay me 5 bucks to eat any of the food there, and even then only about half of it would be acceptable
          Last edited by pokechecker; 01-09-2019, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Our little group at Ridder was just saying this past weekend that we seemed to be able to understand the announcer better than in the past. Maybe he's new or there has been an improvement to the system? I will say that the sound system is a whole lot better at Ridder than Mariucci which is listening to the Charlie Brown adults on steroids.
            I believe Rick is a baritone and the temp guy an alto. It seems the system carries the higher tones better

Comment

The temp for Robert Morris was different than the temp for the Minnesota Cup.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                I believe Rick is a baritone and the temp guy an alto. It seems the system carries the higher tones better
                I think you may have solved the mystery. It also leads me to think that the PA guy at Mariucci must be a basso profundo.
                Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-09-2019, 09:22 PM. Reason: Wonder if Renee Fleming needs a gig?
                "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Okay, I watched and listened to the highlights of the Gophers win Sunday 4 times and still can't determine what the players are shouting after their stick celebration. It sounded to me like, "One, two, three, get off the ice!" My wife thought it may be "One, two three, give up your ice!" Any ideas? Other than we both need hearing aids.

https://www.facebook.com/GopherWomen...6128290826566/
                  Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-09-2019, 11:36 PM. Reason: One, two, three, it was sure nice?
                  "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Congratulations to Gigi Marvin, the latest inductee into the WCHA's 20th Anniversary Team. I especially liked this quote:

"I am a Gopher and a diehard Minnesotan," said Marvin. "I loved playing in Minnesota and for the Whitecaps. Now when I went back to play against the Whitecaps, they had the same public address announcer who did the Gopher games when I played. He introduced me the same way he did in college. I loved it. It just brought a smile to my face. That is how the people who played with me still greet me: GeeeeeGeeeee Marvin."

Oh, and this one too:

"I loved playing at Ridder," said Marvin about the Gophers' on-campus Minneapolis arena. "There is not a better place in college anywhere in this country. I love the U and everything that goes with it. I loved playing at Ridder with a packed house against Duluth or facing Wisconsin in the playoffs or beating BC to go the Final Four. Those are great memories."

http://www.wcha.com/women/articles/2...-minnesota.php

Comment

Posted by "iceburg" on GPL, on Gopher goalie recruit Skylar Vetter, who "has played every minute of this year's WW18 for the U.S.":

"The Skylar’s the limit"
                      https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/...%99s-the-limit

Comment

Solid win for Minnesota tonight over Minnesota State 5-1. Getting 5 on Levy is a good night.
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                          Solid win for Minnesota tonight over Minnesota State 5-1. Getting 5 on Levy is a good night.
                          And that 5-1 score matches what the Gopher men did to Notre Dame. A very good night for Gopher sports indeed.

Comment

The Gophers had four nice transition plays in the second period that resulted in nothing resembling a good scoring chance, in large part because the puck carrier waited way too long to make a decision. They get in to tight, allowing the defenders to take away all of the options.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                              The Gophers had four nice transition plays in the second period that resulted in nothing resembling a good scoring chance, in large part because the puck carrier waited way too long to make a decision. They get in to tight, allowing the defenders to take away all of the options.
                              I don't know how Amy "Poe-toe-mack" missed on what looked like a sure score on her deke at the goalmouth. The Gophs sure haven't been good at converting today, and you point out one reason why.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                                That's the crazy thing with watching this years team...It almost maddening to see how many very good chances to score they squander and yet...When all is said and done they have put quite a few in the net like this weekend against an elite goalie. Still quite a bit of improvement that can be made in their offensive game as certain players are just not producing that should be producing.

And then on the defensive side, if they could cut down on the turnovers in their own zone...
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X