This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

If you're a Watchmen fan and hated episodes 1 + 2 for whatever reason you should watch at least through 3. If you still hate it, fine. But, I think 3 really fleshes out that this series is a Watchmen series. This show has been excellent and I'm really enjoying it. I am riveted every episode. Much like I was for GOT. A rare experience.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      If you're a Watchmen fan and hated episodes 1 + 2 for whatever reason you should watch at least through 3. If you still hate it, fine. But, I think 3 really fleshes out that this series is a Watchmen series. This show has been excellent and I'm really enjoying it. I am riveted every episode. Much like I was for GOT. A rare experience.
      I want to watch but I am letting a few more episodes get in the hopper before I start cause I know if I like it I will binge it. I havent heard anything but positives about it except from cranky old Alan Moore disciples
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        I want to watch but I am letting a few more episodes get in the hopper before I start cause I know if I like it I will binge it. I havent heard anything but positives about it except from cranky old Alan Moore disciples
        Damon Lindelof is doing an official Podcast on the series. Every 3 episodes. So, three total. The first one just came out. It's very good. I wouldn't listen to it prior to watching cause it will spoil things. So, watch 3, listen, watch 3, listen, watch 3, listen.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Damon Lindelof is doing an official Podcast on the series. Every 3 episodes. So, three total. The first one just came out. It's very good. I wouldn't listen to it prior to watching cause it will spoil things. So, watch 3, listen, watch 3, listen, watch 3, listen.
          Cool thanks
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Mayans getting deep. I love how they really dip into the Mexican culture/ways at times. Definitely a different window than US culture.

2 eps to go before this season is done. Should be a fun ride.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I am through 4 episodes of the final season of Mr. Robot...what the heck am I watching? I mean it is blatantly obvious whatever story they came up with wasnt long enough to take up a whole season but the filler crap is so boring! Almost none of the stories (even the main one) are interesting anymore. Unless they really improve the last half of the season (which they have done before) this is going to go down as one colossal crapping of the bed. The navel gazing and long scenes of dialogue only work if the story is engaging and right now it isnt.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Bad news everyone. The 90210 reboot has been canceled after just six episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  There was a reboot? Why was I informed?
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    It was bad but also perfect as it made fun of itself

Comment

Yeah it was the cast as themselves trying to get a reboot made or something. I planned to watch it at some point.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Jon Oliver main story - incredible. Bob Murray is going to be so, so mad tomorrow morning.
                        Brilliant musical

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Jon Oliver main story - incredible. Bob Murray is going to be so, so mad tomorrow morning.
                          Brilliant musical
                          Awwwww.....

Eat **** Bob!
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Brilliant musical
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN8bJb8biZU

It's pretty interesting how rich people can just "use" the court system to their own ends. Seems to me a just society would do something about that.

Comment

By the way. The Watchmen just keeps getting better and better. If Alan Moore had any brains he would have endorsed this masterpiece long ago.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN8bJb8biZU

It's pretty interesting how rich people can just "use" the court system to their own ends. Seems to me a just society would do something about that.
                                You think we live in a "just society"?
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X