X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Somebody's been watching a lot of Robert Knepper in Prison Break.

Also, I have that boombox.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Apparently W Kamau Bell "United Shades" will be in Canada, learning how to curl. YES! (this Sunday, 9pm CT, CNN)
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

OH HELL YES!

America’s married couples have been living comfortably for far too long now, so production company Banijay Group has announced that it’s bringing back the single greatest threat to monogamy that has ever been unleashed on television. We are referring, of course, to Temptation Island, the early-2000s Fox reality series in which married people were split up and forced to live on a **** island with some **** singles to see if their relationship could hold up under those extremely weird and **** circumstances
        If you are too young to have caught this the first time around (and I use that word advisedly, since even watching the show made you need broad spectrum antibiotics), it was, without doubt, the trashiest show in American television history.

Think Dr. Mrs. and I too old to go on?

No, seriously, you all need to watch this with me when it comes back because after it even network programming will seem like Masterf-ckingpiece Theatre.

Note the Comments that recall Love Cruise and Paradise Hotel, two other gems of America haute cultur.
        Last edited by Kepler; 06-07-2018, 09:04 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

We watched that in college the first season...it was awful and must watch. Then the finale happened and it didnt even pretend to not be fake and I never thought of it again.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            We watched that in college the first season...it was awful and must watch. Then the finale happened and it didnt even pretend to not be fake and I never thought of it again.
            This was Paradise Hotel exactly. I loved it and I forgot it milliseconds after the final episode.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Finished Dark Matter finally; an above average sci fi series that SyFy killed too soon, and apparently without warning to let the creators wrap things up. Wish it could at least get a movie or miniseries to wrap up the plot lines, but the creator apparently said it isn't happening, even on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon. Too bad.

Working on finishing up Altered Carbon next. Have about 3 episodes left. Hoping they wrap up at least one plot line rather than leaving them all hanging for season 2.

After that, think we're going back to GoT to continue catching up. Currently 1/2 way thru season 3.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                Finished Dark Matter finally; an above average sci fi series that SyFy killed too soon, and apparently without warning to let the creators wrap things up. Wish it could at least get a movie or miniseries to wrap up the plot lines, but the creator apparently said it isn't happening, even on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon. Too bad.

Working on finishing up Altered Carbon next. Have about 3 episodes left. Hoping they wrap up at least one plot line rather than leaving them all hanging for season 2.

After that, think we're going back to GoT to continue catching up. Currently 1/2 way thru season 3.
                Altered Carbon - they wrap up most of the storylines. I wasn't wowed by the ending, but it was decent enough.

GoT - if you've read the books, you're about to stray far from them. Very far, to the point where GRRM said that due to the changes made within the show, there is no way the books and the show can end with the same person/group/family coming out on top.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  OH HELL YES!

If you are too young to have caught this the first time around (and I use that word advisedly, since even watching the show made you need broad spectrum antibiotics), it was, without doubt, the trashiest show in American television history.

Think Dr. Mrs. and I too old to go on?

No, seriously, you all need to watch this with me when it comes back because after it even network programming will seem like Masterf-ckingpiece Theatre.

Note the Comments that recall Love Cruise and Paradise Hotel, two other gems of America haute cultur.
                  Bachelorettes in Alaska.

Have a friend from refereeing that was on that show, I still give him **** for it despite many forgetting what it was.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Altered Carbon - they wrap up most of the storylines. I wasn't wowed by the ending, but it was decent enough.

GoT - if you've read the books, you're about to stray far from them. Very far, to the point where GRRM said that due to the changes made within the show, there is no way the books and the show can end with the same person/group/family coming out on top.
                    Read the first one, couldn't get into it enough to read more. One of the few times I've enjoyed the show more than the book. Mainly because I'm not invested in the show like I would be a book, so when people get killed I don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Well GRRM is probably just bitter that he isn't able to tell his own story now, because the dumbass can't write a book in less than 16 years. GRRM can go pound sand.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Well GRRM is probably just bitter that he isn't able to tell his own story now, because the dumbass can't write a book in less than 16 years. GRRM can go pound sand.
                        He's like the Axl Rose of fantasy authors.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          He's too easily distracted and enjoying his newfound fame that he's simply not committed to writing like he used to be, as best I can tell. He's written a few side stories, novellas set within the Ice and Fire universe, but not enough to get his book done. Again, he's far too enamored with going to premieres, and becoming a bigwig at places like Comic Con; he's just not doing his job.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Queen Of The South:

USA network show about a female drug dealer that worked her way up the chain in the cartels.

I am 3 eps into the first season. It has moments of grit, but overall, the whole show is glossy (expected from USA; this is not FX or AMC). Still, it's entertaining enough to hold my attention.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

God **** Witch Doctor is a ****ty battle bot. Why do they keep involving these *******s back?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Wait wait wait...

Pete Davidson and Ariana Grande?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X