Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Pssssst ... Kep ... Minnesota's humpin' hard for that new office.
    Wrong.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Pssssst ... Kep ... Minnesota's humpin' hard for that new office.
      North Dakota (or South, I forget) lured the Citicorp HQ from NYC. Money talks.

The second HQ is going to be DC so they can get their hands on all the lovely gubmint graft, er, investment. That's a given. But if they ever decide to move their first HQ my bet would be sunny climes and the kind of voters who close schools to fund HS footbaw.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Wrong.
        Scoob, they gave it a go.
        Amazon cut 'em loose in the first round. (Sounds like usual Minnesota pros: missed the playoffs. )

MSP got beat by Nashville and Raleigh. ... And Newark.
        https://patch.com/minnesota/southwes...w-headquarters
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The second HQ is going to be DC so they can get their hands on all the lovely gubmint graft, er, investment. That's a given. But if they ever decide to move their first HQ my bet would be sunny climes and the kind of voters who close schools to fund HS footbaw.
          Denny Sanford. Sioux Falls, SD.

Thinking about Amazon's HQ2: I won't bet against you.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Scoob, they gave it a go.
            Amazon cut 'em loose in the first round. (Sounds like usual Minnesota pros: missed the playoffs. )

MSP got beat by Nashville and Raleigh. ... And Newark.
            https://patch.com/minnesota/southwes...w-headquarters
            That's meaningless. They got cut because they wouldn't bend over. That's meaningful.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              Denny Sanford. Sioux Falls, SD.

Thinking about Amazon's HQ2: I won't bet against you.
              They got cut because they gave a half assed bid that didn’t bend over. Target and B.B. are hq here as you know and Dayton wasn’t going to roll out the red carpet.

I’m sure you’d have found a comment had MN not bid, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                They got cut because they gave a half assed bid that didn’t bend over. Target and B.B. are hq here ...
                So, they didn't bend because they're already bent?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

So, they didn't bend because they're already bent?
                  No. As I’m sure you’ve noted before we’re not a low tax state. Lots of places HQ here despite that. Why would you lure in a new one and give them special breaks the others don’t get? ESP when that comes with a zillion headaches like Seattle has experienced.

Comment

... comes with a zillion headaches like Seattle has experienced.
                    Caffeine headaches from all the coffee?

I have relatives in Seattle that tell me it's the greatest thing since bread (forget the sliced aspect).

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Caffeine headaches from all the coffee?

I have relatives in Seattle that tell me it's the greatest thing since bread (forget the sliced aspect).
                      Then maybe they are like my family, wealthy enough to be insulated and always able to afford the rising prices. For others though, it’s not been good.

Comment

That's meaningless. They got cut because they wouldn't bend over. That's meaningful.
                        According to the reports that came out of the State, Amazon said that Minnesota didn't make the cut because of a concern about a sufficient number of qualified skilled workers.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          According to the reports that came out of the State, Amazon said that Minnesota didn't make the cut because of a concern about a sufficient number of qualified skilled workers.
                          LOL.

That's hilarious. And utter and complete BS.

Comment

LOL.

That's hilarious. And utter and complete BS.
                            http://tcbmag.com/news/articles/2018...s-hq2-not-enou
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Then maybe they are like my family, wealthy enough to be insulated and always able to afford the rising prices. For others though, it’s not been good.
                              No, they're youngin's, new hires, early in career, on the steep part of the wage growth curve. They don't feel it ... yet.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Kep

If AMZN relocates to Montgomery County MD, the local roads, mass() transit, and schools can't handle the influx
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X