Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Please. They don’t give a ****. They’ll destroy the environment, pay some measly fine, and laugh all the way to the bank after raping the boundary waters.

When’s the last time you’ve heard of environmentally responsible extraction? It’s like clean coal. It’s a fairy tail.
    This.

I use to believe in Engineering. Engineering to solve problems. But after the BP oil spill and Flint? No more. Profit has too powerful a lobby.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      This.

I use to believe in Engineering. Engineering to solve problems. But after the BP oil spill and Flint? No more. Profit has too powerful a lobby.
      not to mention all the food they are making!!!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

So three separate polls in WV show three different people leading the Republican Primary.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          So three separate polls in WV show three different people leading the Republican Primary.
          Would LMAO if Blankenship wins. Will truly show where the Republican party is despite desperate media attempts to normalize that treasonous money laundering cult.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Average GDP/Capita in the US is $57,300, estimated, for 2018. According to those figures, GPD/Capita for CA is $67,873.

How does that compare to Cost of Living indices across the nation? Is the extra $10k per capita lost in increased housing costs? How is the money distributed? Hollywood and Silicon Valley must gobble up a lot of those numbers.
            Go to https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...eral-schedule/ and compare the pay scales for federal government workers. The Bay Area has a 39.28% locality pay adjustment, LA has a 30.57% kicker and San Diego and its environs checks in at 27.88%.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

1/4 of the nations homeless call California home
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

It's almost like it's warm and the most populous state.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

And just like that, New York’s attorney general is dunzo
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    1/4 of the nations homeless call California home
                    Blame John Steinbeck
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

New York needs a new AG.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        New York needs a new AG.
                        You only missed my post by two hours.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          You only missed my post by two hours.
                          At 836 I think he was still AG.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            The right keeps talking about the higher costs like they mean CA is bad in some way. Higher costs in housing really means that everyone wants to live there...which means that that real people have voted that there is a noticeable better quality of life in CA based on pricing. So CA residents are spending increased incomes on quality of life. Not terrible. Saying CA is bad because its more expensive is like saying Amazon is bad because its stock is quite expensive but RJ Reynolds (Tobacco) is really cheap...CA just has better quality of life.
                            I'm not casting aspersions upon CA. I'm interested in the facts. If the states GDP is roughly 17.5% higher, and the COLA is 17.5% higher, then it's all a wash. It's a way to compare two situations to better understand the situation. Having the largest GDP isn't a guarantor of a higher standard of living. The US has the highest GDP in the world. That doesn't mean we have the highest standard of living.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              I'm not casting aspersions upon CA. I'm interested in the facts. If the states GDP is roughly 17.5% higher, and the COLA is 17.5% higher, then it's all a wash. It's a way to compare two situations to better understand the situation. Having the largest GDP isn't a guarantor of a higher standard of living. The US has the highest GDP in the world. That doesn't mean we have the highest standard of living.
                              True. And your general analysis has considerable merit.

Yet, I'm not sure that a wash as you state means a comparable standard of living to other locations either. Don't think a rural Mississippi wash of 20% lower GDP/capita and 20% lower cost of living...equates to a GDP/capita and cost of living wash you'd experience in coastal CA. Location, location, location.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                New York needs a new AG.
                                We need a heck of a lot more than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X