Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten Out of Conference is a joke

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
    Where you been? Did you get banned for a little or what? I’m glad we have the PWR rankings though we don’t need some subjective system like in the football. This year got me especially chapped With how the BCS went. Might as well negate who wins the tournament because the “best” team lost in a single elimination game. As much as I love football minus the life altering head and knee injuries, the inconsistent officiating and reviews in NFL and subjective playoffs in college, they really manage to destroy the sport. Fans are getting turned off, hockey needs to capitalize on football’s mistakes not follow in their path
    Yeah, I got banned, 2 weeks or a month? Not sure? Did me a huge favor actually, lol. I might not have deserved it? But it was definitely the right move, far easier for uscho to just ban me and end the problem then try to get all the others who were just getting triggered by my mere presence to stop trying to poke me, lol. And though I behaved for a little while, right before I got the boot I did start to act stupid again, so it was justified.

Going to try my best to behave this time around. And will limit my stay here to a week maybe two at the most, until next January maybe?

Outside of UMn not getting in, couldn't be happier with the results though, with UMD being my 2nd favorite team. I went there for a time back in the 80s, and the other 3 teams all being B1G teams? WOW. Would have preferred PSU over Michigan though, you know, all the non-blue bloods and/or new teams to chk or the B1G.

So blessings on UMD's next game, I may be one of the few Gopher fans cheering for your Bulldogs? But I've never been a "gotta do what every other Gopher fan does" kind of guy. And in fact, the better UMD does this year, the better chance the NHL will start raping and pillaging your rosters, lol. So that will help the Gophers down the line, hehe.

Are you going to the game?

Comment

Where you been? Did you get banned for a little or what? I’m glad we have the PWR rankings though we don’t need some subjective system like in the football. This year got me especially chapped With how the BCS went. Might as well negate who wins the tournament because the “best” team lost in a single elimination game. As much as I love football minus the life altering head and knee injuries, the inconsistent officiating and reviews in NFL and subjective playoffs in college, they really manage to destroy the sport. Fans are getting turned off, hockey needs to capitalize on football’s mistakes not follow in their path
      As for the PWR? I don't have a problem with the PWR itself, or the idea behind it, my problem is with the RPI which the PWR leans so heavily upon. Find a better rating system than the RPI and use that to figure out the PWR and then I'd be much more comfortable with it, because as you point out, it not being subjective is a good thing. As for cfb? Yeah, this year sucked. Didn't like how it all played out. I've been an advocate of expanding that to 8 teams, no more no less. Combining Conf title games with an 8 team playoff gives around 16 or so teams a legit chance, not necessarily the Top 16, but pretty close. But yeah, hockey does need to take advantage of any mistakes the big 2 make. I think college hockey is on the upswing. Hope the NHLPA really does help some more programs start up Div 1 teams, that would help. And more and more young athletes are turning away from football, so better hockey snag those guys than bb, lol.

Comment

Here’s the PWR and KRACH PWR
        http://www.rpihockey.net/misc.rank1.shtml

It has postseason games in it, but it seems to be a good place to start at comparing the systems.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Here’s the PWR and KRACH PWR
          http://www.rpihockey.net/misc.rank1.shtml

It has postseason games in it, but it seems to be a good place to start at comparing the systems.
          So if the KRACH PWR had been used, either Clarkson or Northeastern would have been left out and Minnesota would have gotten in?

Sounds like an improvement. Neither Clarkson or Northeastern did well in the NCAA tourney. Northeastern had one of the worst SOS's among teams that made the NCAA field, and Minny beat Clarkson twice. And seeing how the B1G did, seems like the Krach PWR would be an improvement? I've always preferred the KRACH to the RPI, but didn't know someone did a PWR using the KRACH. Thank you for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
            So blessings on UMD's next game, I may be one of the few Gopher fans cheering for your Bulldogs? But I've never been a "gotta do what every other Gopher fan does" kind of guy. And in fact, the better UMD does this year, the better chance the NHL will start raping and pillaging your rosters, lol. So that will help the Gophers down the line, hehe.

Are you going to the game?
            I would think most people will be cheering for UMD. People can say whatever they want now but come game time if those people tune in or have seats, they will find themselves helpless but to cheer for UMD. Minnesotans are proud people and hockey is their image so only the most unhinged would actually cheer against a team full of Minnesotans. I know back in 02/03 or whatnot I'm sure I didn't care to see MN win a championship, but game time I was all in. Maybe not as excited as others but definitely not cheering against them.
            I'll be going but I only bought tickets for Thursday. If we lose I'll be flying back to Colorado probably the very next day. Southwest is great that you can change/cancel flights and get credits
            I wanna go fast!

Comment

I would think most people will be cheering for UMD. People can say whatever they want now but come game time if those people tune in or have seats, they will find themselves helpless but to cheer for UMD. Minnesotans are proud people and hockey is their image so only the most unhinged would actually cheer against a team full of Minnesotans. I know back in 02/03 or whatnot I'm sure I didn't care to see MN win a championship, but game time I was all in. Maybe not as excited as others but definitely not cheering against them.
              I'll be going but I only bought tickets for Thursday. If we lose I'll be flying back to Colorado probably the very next day. Southwest is great that you can change/cancel flights and get credits
              Well, outside of the conference issue, you are right. But very few BTHC fans want to see a NCHC team beat 2 straight B1G teams to win a title. Would result in an entire season(next year) of the NCHC being able to hold it over B1G fans. Whereas a B1G team winning the Title, or even knocking UMD out right away, gives the B1G another Title, obviously, but 8-9 more NCAA tourney wins to the NCHC's 3 or 4. If the B1G didn't struggle so much so recently while the NCHC thrived, it wouldn't be such a big deal. So I'm torn. I guess I see it as a no loss situation, either way I'll be happy with the results, while also being sad at the same time. lol

Comment

Not this Gopher fan. Made that mistake once, won't make it again.
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I will absolutely not be cheering for UMD. You can mostly thank Glen Quagmire and Fred Flintstone's love child (aka "Drunk Hockey Guy") for that.
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                    I will absolutely not be cheering for UMD. You can mostly thank Glen Quagmire and Fred Flintstone's love child (aka "Drunk Hockey Guy") for that.
                    Haha shocker. You seen that guy recently or was this from years back?
                    I wanna go fast!

Comment

Acid is a helluva drug
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Acid is a helluva drug
                        It is. It allows you to see through the trivial arguments in life and let go of meaningless grudges and proceed with a new outlook and respect. You should try it sometime
                        I wanna go fast!

Comment

There are like four non-UMD fans from Minnesota that will be cheering for Duluth.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            There are like four non-UMD fans from Minnesota that will be cheering for Duluth.
                            I disagree. UMD vs another big ten team in a title game, most Minnesotans will root for the Dogs
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              I disagree. UMD vs another big ten team in a title game, most Minnesotans will root for the Dogs
                              really?

I would have thought that to be true if the one team was Michigan. But for ND? It's not as if there's any long term anything with them.

And do Minnesotans root for OSU or UMD?

Then again, thinking about it- I'd have a tough time rooting for MSU, a tougher time for OSU, we all hate pedo state, ND is too much a rival, and MN is part of the evil alliance, too. Which leaves Wisconsin. Maybe you have a point.

Comment

Most of the people I know are rooting for Ohio State. Then Notre Dame. Then injuries.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X