Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    The Turnover Machine is taking his talents to The Madhouse on Madison.

ColinWilsonFan, did you watch this team all year? Jake had a spotty first semester.
    Addressed below for good reason problem is a lot of you while great fans do not understand a lot of the nuance of the game it’s not just as simple as well he had a rough first half

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
      You are just wrong “blue chip” prospects don’t leave to sign ATO’s and not burn a year of elc and go play in AHL.. most D1 coaches tell their kids better off to stay at a good D1 program than to play in the AHL farabee is a good player scored a lot of goals look at the rest of his game ...

Add krys now to the mix and who else ? Come on reality needs to come into play here and bigger fear now about potential of decommits? Sometimes maybe not every job is good for everyone and people have to realize their strengths and what they are good at
      Players that leave are signing their ELC so they can get the clock started on burning that contract up.

The Dallas Stars have signed goaltender Jake Oettinger to a three-year, entry-level contract. Oettinger will report to the Texas Stars on an amateur tryout for the remainder of the 2018-19 season.

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today they have signed 2018 first-round draft pick, Joel Farabee, to an entry-level contract, according to Executive Vice President & General Manager, Chuck Fletcher. The contract will take effect at the start of the 2019-20 season.

Dante Fabbro has decided forego his senior season with Boston University and sign an entry-level contract with #preds. Big news for Nashville as their 2016 first-rounder could have become a UFA in August 2020 if he played another year at BU.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
        A polite word to describe this fan is "passionate". Just doesn't come out the right way at times.
        That's good. We need more passion. I couldn't make the 4:00 p.m. start Friday because of work commitments and it's tough to tell on TV because you almost never see more than the first few rows, but my guess is if you ranked the schools in order of the most fans, you would get this:

1. UMass
        2. Northeastern
        3. BC
        4. BU

Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          That's good. We need more passion. I couldn't make the 4:00 p.m. start Friday because of work commitments and it's tough to tell on TV because you almost never see more than the first few rows, but my guess is if you ranked the schools in order of the most fans, you would get this:

1. UMass
          2. Northeastern
          3. BC
          4. BU

Am I wrong?
          UMASS brought more fans than the other 3 combined. NU turnout was quite disappointing. BU turnout not unexpected given time and declining interest, and admitted surprise (from at least some fans I know) that they advanced to the Garden. Expectations were that low among some BU fans who have been pretty loyal for many years that they wrote the team off after the regular season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
            Players that leave are signing their ELC so they can get the clock started on burning that contract up.

The Dallas Stars have signed goaltender Jake Oettinger to a three-year, entry-level contract. Oettinger will report to the Texas Stars on an amateur tryout for the remainder of the 2018-19 season.

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today they have signed 2018 first-round draft pick, Joel Farabee, to an entry-level contract, according to Executive Vice President & General Manager, Chuck Fletcher. The contract will take effect at the start of the 2019-20 season.

Dante Fabbro has decided forego his senior season with Boston University and sign an entry-level contract with #preds. Big news for Nashville as their 2016 first-rounder could have become a UFA in August 2020 if he played another year at BU.
            You did not Understand ... yes they leave early when they get to Burn a year of their elc immediately as I suspect will be the case with Fabbro ....Oettinger farabee and krys are all playing on ATOs for rest of season which DOES NOT burn a year of their elc .. which is exactly my point

Comment

Jake may not since he is a goalie, but the other 3 will see time in the show next season. May flame out, sure.... but they will see time.... even Chad
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

You did not Understand ... yes they leave early when they get to Burn a year of their elc immediately as I suspect will be the case with Fabbro ....Oettinger farabee and krys are all playing on ATOs for rest of season which DOES NOT burn a year of their elc .. which is exactly my point
                Oettinger did an ATO because those are common for goalies. The others probably due to being late in the season and situations in the franchises so they can have a chance of making teams at the beginning of next season. My point is they are trying to do whatever path is quickest to get rid of their 3 yr ELC.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Jake may not since he is a goalie, but the other 3 will see time in the show next season. May flame out, sure.... but they will see time.... even Chad
                  Oettinger and Fabbro will burn a year no matter what next year; I believe as they are not "slide eligible" as they are both 20 already. Farrabee appears to be slide eligible and would need to appear in 10 games to burn his first year of his ELC.

I think.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Regarding Krys, from The Athletic:

Once a promising top prospect, Chad Krys’ journey to the NHL seems steeper than when he was drafted nearly three years ago.

Krys is the forgotten Blackhawks defenseman prospect in some ways.
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                      My point is they are trying to do whatever path is quickest to get rid of their 3 yr ELC.
                      Absolutely.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post

1. UMass
                        2. Northeastern
                        3. BC
                        4. BU

Am I wrong?
                        A ton of this is due to it being NEW and exciting at UMASS of actually being relevant. Its cool and trendy now. NU is the same thing thanks to their beanpot last season. They are successful and its new and fresh. BC/BU is used to it and realistically have been struggling so that doesnt help. It was clearly UMASS fans by far with NU a clear 2nd. BC/BU were tied for last.

Comment

Oettinger did an ATO because those are common for goalies. The others probably due to being late in the season and situations in the franchises so they can have a chance of making teams at the beginning of next season. My point is they are trying to do whatever path is quickest to get rid of their 3 yr ELC.
                          Again ... you don’t understand ...the goal is to burn a year of elc and that is 3 years no matter what .. in the case of oettinger krys they sign and play jisbyewr but don’t get to burn a year of their ELC .. it doesn’t make sense in a lot of not most cases to leave a high end D1 program to go play in the AHL and if they leave and they don’t get to burn a year of elc like for example mccavoy did or Eichel even JFK then they usually stay the ATO for oettinger is same for the others that aren’t officially burning a year of and want to play ... I suspect farabee isn’t going to play so no need and I suspect chad has same del so as not being able to burn a year of elc ... until next year ... I would be surprised if Fabbro doesn’t get the chance to burn a year of ELC

Comment

They may have benfitted as well to wait a sec and not marry the first girl who laid them
                            JFK had a pause and saw the B’s dress him a game to burn a year

Comment

You may need to turn in your posters card after this

Comment

Addressed below for good reason problem is a lot of you while great fans do not understand a lot of the nuance of the game it’s not just as simple as well he had a rough first half
                                Condescending much? Get over yourself.
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X