Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    3rd in the nation in penalty minutes this year, 2nd last year, 5th in 2016-17. I don’t think it’s unfair to start attaching the “g word” to this program.
    I think it says something about Power's coaching ethos and his emphasis on physicality. The majority of his success as a goaltender and coach was in the ACHA and club teams (not all) tend to have a goonery side to their game. But I don't think Powers approves of it. We'll see if he's able to get that fixed for tonight's game.

“Completely unacceptable,” Powers said. “We gave ourselves no chance to come back and win that game. That’s not us. What people saw tonight – that’s not us.

Obviously we missed Walker a lot, having some power plays early, he leads the country in power play goals,” said Sun Devils coach Greg Powers, who noted that his team was playing on the larger Olympic-size ice sheet for the first time this season. “We had a freshman on that side that’s not used to being in that spot and I think our guys really struggled with all the extra space.”
    Final regular season game for both teams tonight. The Gophers are 8-0-2 over the last 10 seasons on "Senior Night". The trend for ASU this season has been no good on Fridays (8/11 losses), bounce back on Saturdays. I expect a much closer game with or without Walker. I like the Gopher's chances of closing out the season with their first sweep on home ice.

Comment

“It’s bittersweet. I’ve had the best four years of my life here, but at the same time I don’t want it to end. I wish I could stay here forever.’’
      -- Gophers forward Tyler Sheehy, part of a senior class that will be honored Saturday night
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Would be nice to see Romanko score.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
          There's a big difference between physical and goon hockey. Effeminate? I can't recall seeing any Gopher players selling a penalty. Which ones??
          Don't want to see anyone get hurt. The slash on Walker had me a bit worried when he left the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunninwiththerods View Post
            Would be nice to see Romanko score.
            Called it

Comment

ASWhioux? Get 'em on the big ice. Exposed.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

nice start for Sr. night!
                2 shots on goal in the period for for ASU - 50% contribution from their tendy --

Comment

• Are the Gophers playing a couple exhibitions this weekend against a D3 school, or a Canadian college?

Jesus Christ Arizona looks ****ing terrible. They've got 40 minutes left to avoid turning in the 2 worst performances I've seen by a college hockey team all season.

Comment

ASU is the new Whioux. Dirty.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

This team is a bunch of ****ing goons. **** them.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        This team is a bunch of ****ing goons. **** them.

Comment

I don’t recall the last time I saw a hard DQ called for a hit before.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I don’t recall the last time I saw a hard DQ called for a hit before.
                            I don't recall the last time I saw a hit that ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                              I don't recall the last time I saw a hit that ridiculous.
                              Bina, maybe?

Comment

Wow. A new program like this is one I might normally latch onto in the NCAA's as a Cinderella team. But no way I cheer for these cheapshots.

Unfortunately, after the hit on Ranta, the Gophs seemed to let up on their effort. Hope they can get back up to speed for the third.

Comment

Working...
                                X