Transfers thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfers thread

I figure maybe with all the transfers happening or possibly happening we should just have a transfer thread. Caitrin Lonergan just tweeted that her roommate, sophomore Caroline Ross, a D who played 38 games for the Eagles last season, has left to go to Colgate.

We know about Sauve possibly going to Clarkson.

Lindsey Agnew to BC from Minnesota

Rachel Moore to Holy Cross from BC

is it me, or does it seem like there a lot of transfers happening this summer?
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Re: Transfers thread

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
    I figure maybe with all the transfers happening or possibly happening we should just have a transfer thread. Caitrin Lonergan just tweeted that her roommate, sophomore Caroline Ross, a D who played 38 games for the Eagles last season, has left to go to Colgate.

We know about Sauve possibly going to Clarkson.

Lindsey Agnew to BC from Minnesota

Rachel Moore to Holy Cross from BC

is it me, or does it seem like there a lot of transfers happening this summer?
    It does seem like it...

Add Sydney Scobee from Vermont to Minnesota.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      It does seem like it...

Add Sydney Scobee from Vermont to Minnesota.
      This question doesn't fit the thread title, but I'm going to ask anyways. Does anyone know roughly what percentage of girls actually get "full rides" to play hockey? On the team my daughter played on (at 19U) there were several girls that received some scholarship money, but the vast majority did not receive full scholarships. Any ideas? Just looking for the norm as I'm guessing 1/2 is closer to normal, unless you're an Olympic talent that all the teams are clamoring after.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymakesmebroke View Post
        Just looking for the norm as I'm guessing 1/2 is closer to normal, unless you're an Olympic talent that all the teams are clamoring after.
        This would be next to impossible to answer conclusively, as it involves personal financial information. But I would guess that your estimate is as good as any.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymakesmebroke View Post
          This question doesn't fit the thread title, but I'm going to ask anyways. Does anyone know roughly what percentage of girls actually get "full rides" to play hockey? On the team my daughter played on (at 19U) there were several girls that received some scholarship money, but the vast majority did not receive full scholarships. Any ideas? Just looking for the norm as I'm guessing 1/2 is closer to normal, unless you're an Olympic talent that all the teams are clamoring after.
          My understanding is a school get 18 scholarships to dole out. So, a roster of 24 could mean 12 on full scholarship and 12 on half. Something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            My understanding is a school get 18 scholarships to dole out. So, a roster of 24 could mean 12 on full scholarship and 12 on half. Something like that.
            I'm not totally up to date on this, but many schools in the past didn't fund the full 18 they could of - simply a matter of school economics. This was typically the weaker/less committed teams. Vermont, Colgate, and Maine were a couple that I remember fell in this category 5 or so years ago. Regardless, I wouldn't assume that all schools are fully funding their scholarships available.

Comment

Johnson (G) and Niska (D) from UMD to UW Superior

Comment

Moore and Ross should be it for BC. Probably a good move for both; we wish them both well.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

You can add TT Cianfarano from Quinnipiac to Clarkson to the transfer list

Comment

Originally posted by reta View Post
                    you can add tt cianfarano from quinnipiac to clarkson to the transfer list
                    WoWWW.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by RetA View Post
                      You can add TT Cianfarano from Quinnipiac to Clarkson to the transfer list
                      Clarkson is getting serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                        Abby Cleary from Quinnipiac to Vermont. Where did Caroline Ross go?

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                          Abby Cleary from Quinnipiac to Vermont. Where did Caroline Ross go?
                          Colgate

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                            That is huge if it actually happens. I wonder if her getting subpoenaed in the lawsuit has anything to do with it. Seeley was allegedly very abusive to her during a tournament game
                            "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                              That is huge if it actually happens. I wonder if her getting subpoenaed in the lawsuit has anything to do with it. Seeley was allegedly very abusive to her during a tournament game
                              Who knows. If both rumoured transfers happen it will be big for Clarkson. There is always a story behind the story but not a lot of answers to explain these potential moves, at least not yet.
                              Last edited by Puckdrop14; 05-16-2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X